Jump to content

Photo

Turks 2013


  • Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#31 Danie

Danie
  • Newbie
  • 57 posts

    Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

    Originally Posted by KIM02242012 

    For some reason some of my posts aren't getting posted! bahh

     

    Having a destination wedding just made sense for us because I'm from the west coast and my fiance is from the east coast (and we live on the east coast). There were a few who were a little upset with a destination wedding, but since most would have to travel, they are now excited they get to visit a new place.

     

    Dani, thanks for all the info! It's nice to get a little more info from someone who's actually been. Also, where is the grocery store? Or, which resort is it near? I'm trying to get myself a little oriented with Grace Bay Beach.

     

    Can't wait to see how are weddings end up! We're very close in dates. TyreBride, when in June are you getting married?
     

    Kim the grocery store is about a blocks walk from the gracy bay club (OCW is next door to that) Maybe a little further but theres a round-a-bout (almost across from 7 stars) about one block from Grace Bay Club & OCW. Once your at the roundabout its about one block from there. I don't know the name of the streets but I could find out. I'm not sure where you are staying but if you are at one of them 3 its not a far walk at all. If not and you are renting a car you can drive there. Some stuff is cheap but some expensive but like I said it is worth it. Where are you staying?



    #32 tyrebride2b2013

    tyrebride2b2013
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,088 posts

      Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:10 PM


      Dani, Yes I totally agree I am going to try and do more DIY then I could budget more in for photography.  Same here everyone has an opinion def one of the perks of a DW not much choice for others to input although they still try..lol Can't wait until everyone comes around on my end.  I would like to do more for my guests as well, I feel like for those who travel I should atleast offer a nice time and a little perk for attending a DW so yes, the less that actually come the better.  It is a beautiful island and none of my guests have been so that's exciting.  You are so right we are marrying the men we love I have to keep this in mind when I doubt my decisions. It is all about what he and I want. 

       

      I love hearing about all our planning too its great to connect to others who are doing the same or similar to you.  We can relate to each other.

       

      In the end all of our end results will be beautiful endings. 



      #33 tyrebride2b2013

      tyrebride2b2013
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,088 posts

        Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

        Originally Posted by Danie 

        I have some pictures I can show you of the island if you want. It's not much most are of the gourgeous Grace Bay beach and some of the place where the cofee shop is not far from the grocery store. I'm not sure if that is near your hotels or not. I think it may be a drive from beaches and Kim I am not sure where your are staying. But if you guys are renting a car I would definitely stop and check it out for coffee in the morning if possible. Let me know if you want to see the pics.


        I would also like to see the pics



        #34 tyrebride2b2013

        tyrebride2b2013
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,088 posts

          Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

          Originally Posted by KIM02242012 

          For some reason some of my posts aren't getting posted! bahh

           

          Having a destination wedding just made sense for us because I'm from the west coast and my fiance is from the east coast (and we live on the east coast). There were a few who were a little upset with a destination wedding, but since most would have to travel, they are now excited they get to visit a new place.

           

          Dani, thanks for all the info! It's nice to get a little more info from someone who's actually been. Also, where is the grocery store? Or, which resort is it near? I'm trying to get myself a little oriented with Grace Bay Beach.

           

          Can't wait to see how are weddings end up! We're very close in dates. TyreBride, when in June are you getting married?
           

           

          I wonder why some of your posts are missing maybe you should check with the moderators. 

           

          Glad your guest are excited.  It is very exciting a vacation and beautiful wedding all together.  My date is June 22 2013.  However, FI and i were talking and we may push it back have to check availability at resort for a later date.



          #35 Danie

          Danie
          • Newbie
          • 57 posts

            Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

            Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 


            Dani, Yes I totally agree I am going to try and do more DIY then I could budget more in for photography.  Same here everyone has an opinion def one of the perks of a DW not much choice for others to input although they still try..lol Can't wait until everyone comes around on my end.  I would like to do more for my guests as well, I feel like for those who travel I should atleast offer a nice time and a little perk for attending a DW so yes, the less that actually come the better.  It is a beautiful island and none of my guests have been so that's exciting.  You are so right we are marrying the men we love I have to keep this in mind when I doubt my decisions. It is all about what he and I want. 

             

            I love hearing about all our planning too its great to connect to others who are doing the same or similar to you.  We can relate to each other.

             

            In the end all of our end results will be beautiful endings. 

            I totally agree Tyre. And believe me everyone on your side will eventually come around. The more you get into it, the more they will. I am going to try to see how to upload the pics they are not great but they are of the ocean. We had like 3 cloudy days but the island was still beautiful. Some are of our resort so I'll show you what I have



            #36 Danie

            Danie
            • Newbie
            • 57 posts

              Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

              Tyre & KIm:

               

               Here are some pictures. I put them in categories so you know what they are pictures of.

               

              GRACE BAY BEACH (IN FRONT OF OCEAN CLUB WEST, GRACE BAY CLUB AND DURING OUR WALK ALONG THE BEACH TOWARDS OCEAN CLUB EAST WHICH IS LOCATED NEXT TO CLUB MED)

               

                                            

              GRACE BAY CLUB 

              VIEW OF BEACH FROM OCEAN CLUB WEST AT THE SUNSIDE CAFE EITHER ON THE DECK OR ON THE BEACH

                                   

               

              THE SHOPS DOWN THE STREET FROM OCEAN CLUB WEST

               

              THE BAKERY & COFFEE SHOP NOT FAR FROM THE ROUND-ABOUT ON THE WAY TO THE GROCERY STORE (WHERE MAXIME SALON IS LOCATED)

                   

              OUR RESORT OCEAN CLUB WEST AND OUR JUNIOR SUITE CONDO WE STAYED IN FOR SITE VISIT

                                     

               

              VIEW FROM OUR JUNIOR SUITE BALCONY (POOL/OCEAN/GARDEN VIEW ROOM)

               

                         

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               



              #37 tyrebride2b2013

              tyrebride2b2013
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,088 posts

                Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

                Dani it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful wish my wedding was now..lol I don' t think I will want to leave
                 



                #38 tyrebride2b2013

                tyrebride2b2013
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,088 posts

                  Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

                  Originally Posted by Danie 

                  I totally agree Tyre. And believe me everyone on your side will eventually come around. The more you get into it, the more they will. I am going to try to see how to upload the pics they are not great but they are of the ocean. We had like 3 cloudy days but the island was still beautiful. Some are of our resort so I'll show you what I have


                  I sure do hope so will make the day so much better



                  #39 tyrebride2b2013

                  tyrebride2b2013
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,088 posts

                    Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

                    Dani & kim either of you having an AHR as well?



                    #40 Danie

                    Danie
                    • Newbie
                    • 57 posts

                      Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

                      Tyre:

                       

                       I was going to have a AHR and I know alot of people do it but we decided against it because I feel like I have been invited to AHR and for some reason I always feel like I am invited so that I can hand over an evelope with money. I know that sounds crazy but thats just how I feel. So I read this destination wedding ettiquete book from "The Knot" and I read that if you do have an AHR your supposed to send out Announcement of the wedding and if you host a reception your supposed to make sure that guest know they don't have to bring or give anything. So to me I really am putting so much into this wedding away and doing so many different events for the guests, ( i mean were hosting a deep sea fishing trip for the guys, taking the women on a spa trip, hosting a welcome breakfast, plus the catamaran, reherssal dinner, reception, welcome bags, and bottles of rum and wine in the room on arrival) that i don't feel like putting out any more expenses.

                       

                      How about you are you doing it?






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users