Turks 2013

Hey Dani,

Thanks I hope it turns out as great as I see it..lol. Yes, they are sister resorts there and nope no sandals on turks.  I'm not sure about the perks honeymoon wise that my TA mentioned.  I know you get a free basic wedding package after certain amount of days stay.  We have children too one of the reasons we picked beaches resorts also why we are not 100% sure yet on how long or what exactly we will do for honeymoon.  The children are leaving the monday after the wedding traveling home with family.  

My MIL passed away a few years ago but I loved her dearly we got along great My FIL is the best very supportive to us.  I want to incorporate her into our ceremony somehow just unsure how yet. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey girls!!! Sorry, I had a major deadline (this morning), so I've been MIA. But, I'm back. 

Danie, did you say you were from Philly? I am too! Also, thanks for the posting the pics. I can't wait to go!

Both our respective parents are planning an AHR for us. Since all my family is in California and my fiance's family is on the east coast, both our parents decided to host something. We're not a part of the planning though (thank goodness..i don't think i could handle anymore planning). 

Have you guys sent out save the dates yet? I feel so behind. We're going to have to do it soon! 

Hey girls!

Tyre: That is so great about incorporating your MIL into the wedding. there are so many ways you can do it. I think that will be wonderful and so touching. If I see any cool idea Ill let you know and keep you posted

Kim:  Yes, I am from Philly. That is so crazy that you are too. I can't believe yoru wedding is only 1 week from ours and your in philly. Where at? I am from South Philly. I didn't have to many pictures except from the ones I took but I figured it was something to show. Where are staying at Kim? Thats cool about the AHR.

Yes, I sent out my save the dates in the beginning of July but only because all guest have to have their deposits in by September in order to guarentee they stay at our resort. So I did sent them out. I ordered them online actually and they came out great for such a decent price.

How about you guys.

riginally Posted by KIM02242012 View Post

Hey girls!!! Sorry, I had a major deadline (this morning), so I've been MIA. But, I'm back. 

Danie, did you say you were from Philly? I am too! Also, thanks for the posting the pics. I can't wait to go!

Both our respective parents are planning an AHR for us. Since all my family is in California and my fiance's family is on the east coast, both our parents decided to host something. We're not a part of the planning though (thank goodness..i don't think i could handle anymore planning). .. I have not I feel behind too Im

Have you guys sent out save the dates yet? I feel so behind. We're going to have to do it soon! 

Hey Kim.. glad to have you back.

Wow thats great 2 AHR and you don't even have to do the planning.. I have not sent mine out yet, im working on them now /i feel behind too. Also wasn't 100% on the date which kept us back too.

Dani; 

thanks so much really appreciate any ideas. Not sure if it should be a surprise to FI or if I should let him know. Think Im going to speak to his dad about it because i is still a touchy subject for him.You and kim have so much in common now your from the same areas too..I'm not philly but Im in north jersey so not to far

That is so funny! haha...

Dani, I'm actually in Center City. I moved out here for school and then met my fiance. I never thought I'd stay out on the east coast (always thought I'd be back in california after school), but I guess you can never guess your future. I do like it out here, except for the crazy weather (like right now!). Tyre, funny you're nearby too.

We just started creating our website and will be picking out save the dates this week. I feel like there is so much to do! I have to go dress shopping asap too. I may have already asked you guys, but did you guys get a dress yet?

I'm having my reception/ceremony at the Sands. We're also staying there. Oh and we decided to have the beach bbq reception!!!! I'm soo excited. Thanks so much for the recommendation. I think it'll be a nice touch. We also narrowed down to two photographers and will be making our decision this week.

OMG Kim. That is so funny. You are so close to me. I was telling my FI about it because it's so weird. I have not got my dress yet and am going in September. That's great I am so happy you guys are doing the beach ceremony I know it will be so nice because I witnessed it when I went. The more you plan the more exciting it is. We picked out our wedding bands which was really exciting. I am not sure who your jeweler is but just an fyi there's a great jeweler who won't rip you off located at 9 th and Christian streets near the Italian market. His name is Armando Rey jeweler in case your interested. I love him and he works with you. I have never been to the west coast but want to go one day. Wait till you see you save the dates it's so surreal.

Originally Posted by KIM02242012 View Post

That is so funny! haha...

Dani, I'm actually in Center City. I moved out here for school and then met my fiance. I never thought I'd stay out on the east coast (always thought I'd be back in california after school), but I guess you can never guess your future. I do like it out here, except for the crazy weather (like right now!). Tyre, funny you're nearby too.

We just started creating our website and will be picking out save the dates this week. I feel like there is so much to do! I have to go dress shopping asap too. I may have already asked you guys, but did you guys get a dress yet?

I'm having my reception/ceremony at the Sands. We're also staying there. Oh and we decided to have the beach bbq reception!!!! I'm soo excited. Thanks so much for the recommendation. I think it'll be a nice touch. We also narrowed down to two photographers and will be making our decision this week.

Kim,

Yes, the weather is way different from California I can imagine takes some getting used too.  I didn't create a website keep saying we will but still haven't.  Which are you using?  Beach BBQ seems like so much fun.