Jump to content

Photo

November 2013 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
506 replies to this topic

#201 TealMarie

TealMarie
  • Jr. Member
  • 254 posts

    Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

    Originally Posted by DinaQtobe 

     

    Well, in all honesty there isn't much more to do!  Send out invites (STD's went out in March), get FI's suit, find wedding shoes.  Everything else is just a bonus to do or have for the big day.  My MIL-to-be has asked my FI if she can "help" with anything and I have no idea what to say...  I think I have everything under control.  I think she is feeling left out, but I don't know what to have her do. (ESPECIALLY because she might not even be coming to the wedding!)

    The same thing is happening with my FMIL. I let her know when we've made a decision on something but there's this long stretch where we don't have to decide on anything. She's extremely sweet and although can't help out financially, she told me that she'll help me all week while we're there and the day of to do wedding stuff. I haven't told her yet that the wedding coordinator and staff do all of it for you. I just said Thank you and once we're there she'll find out that she has all this time to actually relax and have fun. 



    #202 TealMarie

    TealMarie
    • Jr. Member
    • 254 posts

      Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

      Originally Posted by Lydia1120 

      I too feel like I'm all over the place...Just when I think that I've got it under contron and organized, something else comes to mind and I start on that task and leave the other half way done.  lol

       

      I own a summer business that won't give me much time to focus on the wedding so I have many things checked off my list.  I'm currently working on labels for my Mugs, Thank You Notes for my bridal party, sign for my Fans and creating a "FACEBOOK" which is a "Meet the Guest Book" but making it look like a "Facebook Page".  I will wait til the fall to finalize the Facebook and our passport etc.   We have 78 people booked so far and another 24 who RSVP'd "maybe"...deadline is at the end of August so we'll have a better idea as to the total at that time.  

       

      TealMarie, can't wait to see the pics of your DIY napkins :-)  Clever idea

      Wow! Your facebook page sounds like it'll be awesome. Be sure to show us that. 

       

      Angel2 - Congrats on picking a place! It feels so great when your wedding coordinator is easy to deal with. We're lucky that ours is amazing as well. Have you picked out your dress?



      #203 DinaQtobe

      DinaQtobe
      • Jr. Member
      • 450 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

      Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

      SIX MONTHS UNTIL WE LEAVE FOR OUR WEDDING!  I am so excited to be able to say that!

       

      I started the DIY Barefoot Jewelry this week.  It's coming along but slowly (it is taking me forever).

       

      My in-laws have now said that they are going to come to the wedding, but still haven't booked their trips yet. 

       

      This weekend we are going to the US to try and find my fiance a suit! :)

       

      How are things going with the rest of you ladies?



      #204 Lydia1120

      Lydia1120
      • Site Supporter
      • 406 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 20, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba
      • LocationCobourg, Ontario

      Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

      YIPPPPPEEEEE US TOO We lease six months exactly from today!  HOW EXCITING!!!


      17 Years in the Making....and we love each other more now then ever!
      Post Wedding Items for Sale: http://www.bestdesti...various-items/ 

      Wedding Dance Mash Up Video -  https://www.youtube....h?v=80jO9-B_BVI


      #205 jolene028

      jolene028
      • Member
      • 588 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

      Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

      Originally Posted by DinaQtobe 

      SIX MONTHS UNTIL WE LEAVE FOR OUR WEDDING!  I am so excited to be able to say that!

       

      I started the DIY Barefoot Jewelry this week.  It's coming along but slowly (it is taking me forever).

       

      My in-laws have now said that they are going to come to the wedding, but still haven't booked their trips yet. 

       

      This weekend we are going to the US to try and find my fiance a suit! :)

       

      How are things going with the rest of you ladies?

      I started bare barefoot sandals like 3 months ago and did 2 pairs LOL I have to get back at it!

       

      I hear you my mother in law says shes coming one minute and then the next she isnt, and we are paying for her trip so it is really annoying, luckily my TA has dealt with this before, so we have until September 13 to say yay or no for her and out TA will transfer the money onto our trip minus the deposit which we will loose but we are giving her until the 10 to pick either way, so annoying be supportive or dont just make up your mind!!!



      #206 TealMarie

      TealMarie
      • Jr. Member
      • 254 posts

        Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

        Originally Posted by jolene028 

        I started bare barefoot sandals like 3 months ago and did 2 pairs LOL I have to get back at it!

         

        I hear you my mother in law says shes coming one minute and then the next she isnt, and we are paying for her trip so it is really annoying, luckily my TA has dealt with this before, so we have until September 13 to say yay or no for her and out TA will transfer the money onto our trip minus the deposit which we will loose but we are giving her until the 10 to pick either way, so annoying be supportive or dont just make up your mind!!!

        Awww really? Why wouldn't she come if you're paying? Is it a problem getting time off work for her? We're paying for my MIL and she is over the moon excited. Your MIL will probably change her mind as it gets closer to the date and she gets more excited.

         

        Thanks for reminding me girls. We leave in 6 months today - woot!

         

        I have taken a break from wedding planning to focus on work related stuff, so nothing new to report....other than a very full pinterest board, lol.



        #207 jolene028

        jolene028
        • Member
        • 588 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

        Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

        Awww really? Why wouldn't she come if you're paying? Is it a problem getting time off work for her? We're paying for my MIL and she is over the moon excited. Your MIL will probably change her mind as it gets closer to the date and she gets more excited. Thanks for reminding me girls. We leave in 6 months today - woot! I have taken a break from wedding planning to focus on work related stuff, so nothing new to report....other than a very full pinterest board, lol.

        Oh I know most people would be so excited I think that she just likes to try to make it difficult just for fun!! But hopefully youre right and she lightens up about it and realizes that its going to be fun and we arent trying to punish her by making her come to Cuba lol! Either way I am not going to let it bother me she will be there or she wont!

        #208 TealMarie

        TealMarie
        • Jr. Member
        • 254 posts

          Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

          Originally Posted by jolene028 


          Oh I know most people would be so excited I think that she just likes to try to make it difficult just for fun!! But hopefully youre right and she lightens up about it and realizes that its going to be fun and we arent trying to punish her by making her come to Cuba lol! Either way I am not going to let it bother me she will be there or she wont!

          Good for you. It sounds like you have the right attitude about it!

           

          Also ladies, yesterday was our 6 month mark before the wedding day! Ok, I will stop counting down now ;)



          #209 DinaQtobe

          DinaQtobe
          • Jr. Member
          • 450 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

          Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

          Originally Posted by TealMarie 

          Good for you. It sounds like you have the right attitude about it!

           

          Also ladies, yesterday was our 6 month mark before the wedding day! Ok, I will stop counting down now ;)

           

          YES SIX MONTHS! :D  Us too ;)

          Can you tell I am excited?  I cannot wait!



          #210 jolene028

          jolene028
          • Member
          • 588 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

          Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

          Good for you. It sounds like you have the right attitude about it! Also ladies, yesterday was our 6 month mark before the wedding day! Ok, I will stop counting down now ;)

          I have to otherwise I will lose it!! 6 months still seems like a while, but like I said to my FI we have already been engaged over a year so this will fly by to!




          1 user(s) are reading this topic

          0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users