Photo

November 2013 Brides

• Please log in to reply
506 replies to this topic

#191 TealMarie

TealMarie
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

I don't really know what I'm doing at this point either. I'm definitely all over the place.

I've posted before about what I've done so far so I'll skip that stuff. We've decided to order FI's suit from Indochino and will order it probably 3-4 months prior to the wedding. Dina, look at their website. They have great suits which you can get made specifically for your groom. My very fashionable friend has a few from there and loves them. I think we'll just send the groomsmen money and tell them to get grey pants and white button up shirts. Our bridesmaids will be mismatched, so this will work out great.

I've ordered the boutonnieres, which will be real touch succulents, greens and berries. I'm procrastinating from doing the dinner and dance playlist. My bridesmaids have ordered or picked out their dress (yay!) and they're so pretty. I'm trying to decide what to do for centerpieces and how much glassware, OOT bag items I can bring with me there in one suitcase. I'm trying to decide on jewelry and footwear (barefoot sandals for ceremony and jeweled sandals for the reception). My dress will come in late June and I'll get it altered late this summer. I can't wait to wear it again! We're also looking into a fishing charter for my FI and his groomsmen as their thank you gift. I'll be taking the ladies to the spa the day before the wedding as a thank you. I have our favours, which are maraccas! I'm sewing napkins in some really cute peach/coral and turquoise/blue patterns for the reception. I'm still looking for OOT bags which are nice enough and I can stencil some fun stuff onto. So yeah, just a random jumbled mess of no organization, lol.

#192 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
    • 450 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by TealMarie 

I don't really know what I'm doing at this point either. I'm definitely all over the place.

I've posted before about what I've done so far so I'll skip that stuff. We've decided to order FI's suit from Indochino and will order it probably 3-4 months prior to the wedding. Dina, look at their website. They have great suits which you can get made specifically for your groom. My very fashionable friend has a few from there and loves them. I think we'll just send the groomsmen money and tell them to get grey pants and white button up shirts. Our bridesmaids will be mismatched, so this will work out great.

I've ordered the boutonnieres, which will be real touch succulents, greens and berries. I'm procrastinating from doing the dinner and dance playlist. My bridesmaids have ordered or picked out their dress (yay!) and they're so pretty. I'm trying to decide what to do for centerpieces and how much glassware, OOT bag items I can bring with me there in one suitcase. I'm trying to decide on jewelry and footwear (barefoot sandals for ceremony and jeweled sandals for the reception). My dress will come in late June and I'll get it altered late this summer. I can't wait to wear it again! We're also looking into a fishing charter for my FI and his groomsmen as their thank you gift. I'll be taking the ladies to the spa the day before the wedding as a thank you. I have our favours, which are maraccas! I'm sewing napkins in some really cute peach/coral and turquoise/blue patterns for the reception. I'm still looking for OOT bags which are nice enough and I can stencil some fun stuff onto. So yeah, just a random jumbled mess of no organization, lol.

Thanks for the recommendation on the suit!  We really wanted to stay under 350$ for the suit.  I am hoping that we can manage that.  Am I delusional?  When we first started looking I was shocked that his suit might cost more than my dress! (yikes!).  I think we are going to try shopping in the states.  My dad got his suit for less than 200$.

I love the look of succulents!  I hope once you get the boutonnieres in that you will post a picture! :)

Have you thought about sewing your OOT bags?  When I was initially thinking of making up bags my mom offered to sew them for me.  There's quite a few patterns online that don't look too difficult, but look pretty cute.  Then you could customize the material to your wedding colours and wouldn't even need to add a logo!  I think it's amazing that you are sewing your own napkins.  I never thought of that and I might think about that one now!

The playlist has been difficult for me!  I have tons of songs picked out for the cocktail hour and dinner... but the dance part is a LOT harder. 

Thanks for the updates ladies!

#193 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
    • 223 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:41 AM

I don't really know what I'm doing at this point either. I'm definitely all over the place. I've posted before about what I've done so far so I'll skip that stuff. We've decided to order FI's suit from Indochino and will order it probably 3-4 months prior to the wedding. Dina, look at their website. They have great suits which you can get made specifically for your groom. My very fashionable friend has a few from there and loves them. I think we'll just send the groomsmen money and tell them to get grey pants and white button up shirts. Our bridesmaids will be mismatched, so this will work out great. I've ordered the boutonnieres, which will be real touch succulents, greens and berries. I'm procrastinating from doing the dinner and dance playlist. My bridesmaids have ordered or picked out their dress (yay!) and they're so pretty. I'm trying to decide what to do for centerpieces and how much glassware, OOT bag items I can bring with me there in one suitcase. I'm trying to decide on jewelry and footwear (barefoot sandals for ceremony and jeweled sandals for the reception). My dress will come in late June and I'll get it altered late this summer. I can't wait to wear it again! We're also looking into a fishing charter for my FI and his groomsmen as their thank you gift. I'll be taking the ladies to the spa the day before the wedding as a thank you. I have our favours, which are maraccas! I'm sewing napkins in some really cute peach/coral and turquoise/blue patterns for the reception. I'm still looking for OOT bags which are nice enough and I can stencil some fun stuff onto. So yeah, just a random jumbled mess of no organization, lol.

Ok so people keep asking me how things are coming along and I keep saying there's nothing really to do at the moment.. Haha.. Well now after reading what you have done... Oh yeah, guess I could be thinking if these types of things!

#194 TealMarie

TealMarie
      • 254 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by hezmshaw 

Ok so people keep asking me how things are coming along and I keep saying there's nothing really to do at the moment.. Haha.. Well now after reading what you have done... Oh yeah, guess I could be thinking if these types of things!

Hahaa! Well I laugh at myself because I like to be prepared soooo far ahead of time, it's ridiculous. Obviously these are things that aren't required to be done for a long time but I figure I'd rather spend the summer at the beach and having fun, than on my computer searching for boutonnierres (frig, how do you spell that?). Everyone I know who's married has recommended doing whatever you can ahead of time and as far as you can. They said there will always be things in the last month that pop up that you never thought of and you have to take care of them. Plus I agonize over decisions for so long but once I make one I don't want to change it.

Really, at this point, as long as you have your resort/flights booked, a dress ordered (or soon), let your guests know when/where/how much and maybe looked into a photographer, I think you're good. The rest of the stuff will fall into place. It's still over 6 months away, that's so much time.

#195 jolene028

jolene028
        • 588 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by DinaQtobe 

Hi November Ladies!!!

There hasn't been much action on this forum in a few weeks.  I was wondering where everyone is at with their planning so far.

Last weekend I found my wedding jewelry, which was very exciting!  I also purchased a few things at Hobby Lobby: invitations, a cake topper, and garter (50% off!).  I was in Sam's Club and found these awesome huge travel tumbler mugs... 6 for $20.  Couldn't turn down that price for favors for our guests!!!

Two of my sisters have booked their trips, as have my parents.  I am so excited!

I have various things that I have left to do:

-Find FI suit (any suggestions?  We are finding this hard in our price range)

-Send out Invitations

-Write our ceremony

-Finish playlist for dinner and dance

-DIY foot jewelry for bridesmaids

-Find wedding shoes

I am sure I am forgetting tons of stuff that needs to be done.  Where is everyone else at?

Just over 6 months until we leave!!

Suits, my FI just got his from Studio Suits it is awesome we are really excited about it, we are ordering pants for all the goomsmen as well

I am waiting to hear about my dress it should have been here at the end of April - still no word

Big thing that happened is they changed my flights and I had to change my actual wedding date, it happened 3 weeks ago I am ok with it

My girls 2 out of 4 have ordered their dresses

I am half done my DIY barefoot sandals

I still need a wedding band

We have 65 people booked to go, final payments are due September 13 so we will see if that number stays the same

I order chair sashes about a week ago hopefully they are here soon

I have petals and jewles for the tables

I have done my pre-travel brochure I just need to print and do luggage tags and get them in the mail (August)

I feel like I am probably forgetting 100 things LOL

Awesome deal on the tumblers that is great!

#196 TealMarie

TealMarie
        • 254 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by DinaQtobe 

Thanks for the recommendation on the suit!  We really wanted to stay under 350$ for the suit.  I am hoping that we can manage that.  Am I delusional?  When we first started looking I was shocked that his suit might cost more than my dress! (yikes!).  I think we are going to try shopping in the states.  My dad got his suit for less than 200$.

I love the look of succulents!  I hope once you get the boutonnieres in that you will post a picture! :)

Have you thought about sewing your OOT bags?  When I was initially thinking of making up bags my mom offered to sew them for me.  There's quite a few patterns online that don't look too difficult, but look pretty cute.  Then you could customize the material to your wedding colours and wouldn't even need to add a logo!  I think it's amazing that you are sewing your own napkins.  I never thought of that and I might think about that one now!

The playlist has been difficult for me!  I have tons of songs picked out for the cocktail hour and dinner... but the dance part is a LOT harder. 

Thanks for the updates ladies!

I think Indochino suits start at $400, but shipping is free and for your first suit they give you a credit towards $75 of tailoring (in case it doesn't fit exactly right). Before deciding on their suits, I was also looking at Jos A Bank which you can find for a great deal. Sign up for their email promos and you'll see they regularly have sale where you can snap up suits for $200. They have tropical and cool fabric suits too. I also heard of Studio Suits which apparently have affordable suits but I don't know of anyone who's got any from there. I also thought we could find one in the States (Macy's, Nordstrom) but my FI is tough to fit off the rack. I thought if we'd end up tailoring one so much anyways, might as well order one made to fit for him.

I'll definitely post the boutonnieres once I get them. I found a woman on Etsy who's going to make them for me but they won't be ready until July or August because her supplier is backordered for succulents - probably because they're all the rage on pinterest wedding pins!

I did think of sewing the OOT bags but decided against it. I think they'd look so cute and you could pick the right colours, but I was weighing the effort vs cost savings (you wouldn't save on it unless the fabric was free) and decided against it. I've found a few sites online where I can order what I'd like for about $4 or $5 a bag but I'm hoping Dollar Tree brings back the ones I want which are only $1. https://www.shirtsin...at-Tote_52_1047  I just want plain ones with blue straps and then I want to paint 'Hola!' on the one side and maybe something else generic on the other side, so people will use them again.

Sewing napkins is so easy and they are going to add some much needed colour to the tables. Plus I'll keep them and then we'll have really pretty napkins for dinner parties. I'll post pics of the napkins soon. I have almost all of the coral/peach ones finished, which means I'm halfway and then I'll start on the turquoise/blue ones.

I'm the same with the playlists because we aren't using a DJ, just our ipod. The dinner playlist consists of all the songs I had thought about for our first dance, walk down the aisle, etc, but didn't make the cut. So it's pretty easy. I'm nervous about making the dance one. If I put it together wrong maybe no one will dance? I'm going to search online for tips on how to make a good one. Like how many fast dance songs to slow songs ratio and how often? People need breaks to get a drink, go to the bathroom, visit, etc, but you don't want to lose the party vibe. Tough stuff! First world problems (as I roll my eyes at myself), lol.

Good to hear updates from you girls! Anyone else? 

#197 Angel2

Angel2
          • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

Hi November Brides!

November 2013 is a great time to get married!

We will be getting married in Ocho Rios November 2013

My wedding planner Sophia is doing a good job so far communicating with me

#198 Angel2

Angel2
            • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hi November Brides!

November 2013 is a great time to get married!

We will be getting married in Ocho Rios

Sophia, our wedding planner is doing a great job of communicating with me!

#199 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
              • 450 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by hezmshaw 

Well, in all honesty there isn't much more to do!  Send out invites (STD's went out in March), get FI's suit, find wedding shoes.  Everything else is just a bonus to do or have for the big day.  My MIL-to-be has asked my FI if she can "help" with anything and I have no idea what to say...  I think I have everything under control.  I think she is feeling left out, but I don't know what to have her do. (ESPECIALLY because she might not even be coming to the wedding!)

#200 Lydia1120

Lydia1120
              • Site Supporter
              • 406 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 20, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba
              • LocationCobourg, Ontario

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

I too feel like I'm all over the place...Just when I think that I've got it under contron and organized, something else comes to mind and I start on that task and leave the other half way done.  lol

I own a summer business that won't give me much time to focus on the wedding so I have many things checked off my list.  I'm currently working on labels for my Mugs, Thank You Notes for my bridal party, sign for my Fans and creating a "FACEBOOK" which is a "Meet the Guest Book" but making it look like a "Facebook Page".  I will wait til the fall to finalize the Facebook and our passport etc.   We have 78 people booked so far and another 24 who RSVP'd "maybe"...deadline is at the end of August so we'll have a better idea as to the total at that time.  

TealMarie, can't wait to see the pics of your DIY napkins :-)  Clever idea

17 Years in the Making....and we love each other more now then ever!
              Post Wedding Items for Sale: http://www.bestdesti...various-items/ 

Wedding Dance Mash Up Video -  https://www.youtube....h?v=80jO9-B_BVI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users