Jump to content
2bmrstremblay

November 2013 Brides

Recommended Posts

Last minute details..... Anyone flying from the US, what are you planning to do with your dress? Are you planning on calling the airline ahead of time to carry your dress on? I am getting nervous about this part!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealMarie View Post
 

Glad to help if I can. I did try to bride charm an extra luggage out of our travel agent but she is a bit useless (although nice). We purchased 'Option Plus' which gives you an extra 10kg per person, as well as seat selection, some alcoholic drinks, snacks and meals on the flight, priority boarding and check-in.

It's funny you say the "bride charm"  until I read your post, I thought that I would just pull it out at the airport and they would probably let me by...good thing I read it..lol. I got the Option Plus as well....we also got free seat selection for all our guests after we booked 70 people on the same flight...albeit I had to make a fuss to get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any of you ladies going to a tanning bed now before we leave?  I'm reading all about that and thinking that maybe I should go...hmmmm thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also went to Michael's to buy a "Card" Box and holy shit, they cost $69.99 plus tax ...so I made my own ...I had the ribbon and bling so the box itself only cost me $2.99....I figure it's light and I'll fill it with a bunch of things so it won't take up too much space in my suit case.

700

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia1120 View Post
 

It's funny you say the "bride charm"  until I read your post, I thought that I would just pull it out at the airport and they would probably let me by...good thing I read it..lol. I got the Option Plus as well....we also got free seat selection for all our guests after we booked 70 people on the same flight...albeit I had to make a fuss to get it. 

 

I'm not very good at negotiating. It goes something like this, "It'd be wonderful if we could have an extra piece of luggage since we're the bride and groom and have helped book all these guests on Air Transat flights." Travel agent "I'll see how much first class will cost you." Me in a small voice, "nevermind...." Nice that you got your guests free seat selection! We didn't have nearly as many guests, so we didn't get anything additional unfortunately. Option plus sounds good though. I don't think they'll care that much at the airport that we're on our way to our wedding because I imagine there will be 7 other couples on our same flight that are as well. I do however think they will help me out with my dress. I've heard they have a special bride closet on the planes, but even if they don't I've shoved it in a pretty small overhead bin already with not much of a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia1120 View Post
 

Any of you ladies going to a tanning bed now before we leave?  I'm reading all about that and thinking that maybe I should go...hmmmm thoughts?

I'm getting a spray tan and then using tanning lotion to extend that until the wedding. I promised my Mom a long time ago to stop going to tanning beds. Depending on how soon your wedding is after you leave, a spray tan could look really phenomenal! I'm doing my trial tan in two days to make sure it's not orange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealMarie View Post
 

 

I'm not very good at negotiating. It goes something like this, "It'd be wonderful if we could have an extra piece of luggage since we're the bride and groom and have helped book all these guests on Air Transat flights." Travel agent "I'll see how much first class will cost you." Me in a small voice, "nevermind...." Nice that you got your guests free seat selection! We didn't have nearly as many guests, so we didn't get anything additional unfortunately. Option plus sounds good though. I don't think they'll care that much at the airport that we're on our way to our wedding because I imagine there will be 7 other couples on our same flight that are as well. I do however think they will help me out with my dress. I've heard they have a special bride closet on the planes, but even if they don't I've shoved it in a pretty small overhead bin already with not much of a problem.

I'm getting a spray tan and then using tanning lotion to extend that until the wedding. I promised my Mom a long time ago to stop going to tanning beds. Depending on how soon your wedding is after you leave, a spray tan could look really phenomenal! I'm doing my trial tan in two days to make sure it's not orange.

I had some major issues when I originally booked so me it wasn't so much negotiating but yelling until they have me something... I have read on their website that wedding dresses are no problem for carry on, but they don't have a closet so you will have to lay it flat  in the overhead... my dress is huge once I put it in no one will be able to get anything else in there! LOL

 

I am going tanning, I know that it isn't good for you, but a) I spent all summer in the shade to make sure that I didn't have stupid tan lines, and B) I figure a base tan before I go is better than a burn when I get there, because no matter what if I don't have at least a base I always burn... and I think that burning is worse then a few minutes in a tanning bed, or at least that is what I am telling myself...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealMarie View Post
 

 

I'm not very good at negotiating. It goes something like this, "It'd be wonderful if we could have an extra piece of luggage since we're the bride and groom and have helped book all these guests on Air Transat flights." Travel agent "I'll see how much first class will cost you." Me in a small voice, "nevermind...." Nice that you got your guests free seat selection! We didn't have nearly as many guests, so we didn't get anything additional unfortunately. Option plus sounds good though. I don't think they'll care that much at the airport that we're on our way to our wedding because I imagine there will be 7 other couples on our same flight that are as well. I do however think they will help me out with my dress. I've heard they have a special bride closet on the planes, but even if they don't I've shoved it in a pretty small overhead bin already with not much of a problem.

I'm getting a spray tan and then using tanning lotion to extend that until the wedding. I promised my Mom a long time ago to stop going to tanning beds. Depending on how soon your wedding is after you leave, a spray tan could look really phenomenal! I'm doing my trial tan in two days to make sure it's not orange.

Do you know how long the spray tan lasts?   We arrive Saturday and I get married on the Wednesday. Also, won't swimming in the pool and ocean take it off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolene028 View Post
 

I had some major issues when I originally booked so me it wasn't so much negotiating but yelling until they have me something... I have read on their website that wedding dresses are no problem for carry on, but they don't have a closet so you will have to lay it flat  in the overhead... my dress is huge once I put it in no one will be able to get anything else in there! LOL

 

I am going tanning, I know that it isn't good for you, but a) I spent all summer in the shade to make sure that I didn't have stupid tan lines, and B) I figure a base tan before I go is better than a burn when I get there, because no matter what if I don't have at least a base I always burn... and I think that burning is worse then a few minutes in a tanning bed, or at least that is what I am telling myself...

 

I totally understand going tanning just for a special event. I definitely didn't mean it as putting down anyone who is doing it, just explaining why I'm not getting a base tan when in a lot of ways it would be smart to. Burning is definitely the worst and I hope that I slather on enough sunscreen to avoid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia1120 View Post
 

Do you know how long the spray tan lasts?   We arrive Saturday and I get married on the Wednesday. Also, won't swimming in the pool and ocean take it off?

That's part of the reason for the trial this week. I want to see how long it lasts. I've had some before that have lasted 8 days and I'm going to a place where they airbrush it so it lasts longer, instead of just the stand up automated spritzing. (that always makes me think of Ross in Friends getting his orange spray tan on one side) We have a similar schedule to you, arriving on Sunday and wedding on Thursday. Swimming in the pool and ocean definitely will make it fade but the lady I'm going to says you can use this extender lotion? I'm not sure, but I'm willing to try it to see how it works. So all in all, a spray tan is probably not the best idea and using a tanning bed would last longer. I'll let you know how my trial goes :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nov 4 at dreams riviera cancun!! So excited!!! So soon ill be leaving!! I gotta start sleeping though :)
OMG that is so exciting! Hope your day is everything that you dream of.....ps I bought some zzzzzquil to help me sleep. I only had to take one and then I was able to sleep, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×