November 2013 Brides

2bmrstremblay

Originally Posted by JennyO View Post

Im not sure if you found bridesmaid dresses yet, but Davids has a nice poppy colour.  Im going with poppy for my wedding.  looks like a nice dark orange :)

Thanks for thinking of me, but I got them, they are ordered and I never want to look at or pick bridesmaid dresses again LOL it was the worst, but now that it is done I feel like all the stressful things are out of the way!

Hey everyone!

Joining the party a little late (better late than never). I have been reading BDW for a year now and finally decided to get in on the action. I am a November 18, 2013 bride. We are getting married at the Grand Palladium in Jamaica. Picking the resort and date was by far the hardest decision. We are currently booked for our trip from Nov 15-24. Our whole trip will be at the same resort. We would have loved to "honeymoon" somewhere else but it didn't fit in the budget. We have approximate 45 guests with 26 booked. I have my dress ordered and bridesmaid dresses purchased. You all are reminding me how much I have to do yet!

Looking forward to hearing from everyone as OUR wedding month quickly approaches! Glad to be a DW bride!

Originally Posted by to-be-mrs-k View Post

Hey everyone!

Joining the party a little late (better late than never). I have been reading BDW for a year now and finally decided to get in on the action. I am a November 18, 2013 bride. We are getting married at the Grand Palladium in Jamaica. Picking the resort and date was by far the hardest decision. We are currently booked for our trip from Nov 15-24. Our whole trip will be at the same resort. We would have loved to "honeymoon" somewhere else but it didn't fit in the budget. We have approximate 45 guests with 26 booked. I have my dress ordered and bridesmaid dresses purchased. You all are reminding me how much I have to do yet!

Looking forward to hearing from everyone as OUR wedding month quickly approaches! Glad to be a DW bride!

Welcome! 

I agree, picking the resort and even just deciding to do a destination wedding were the hardest things we've had to do. It's such smooth sailing afterwards, isn't it? Our honeymoon is at the same resort we're getting married at as well. We're less than 4 months away! It's crazy!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by rileyjl View Post

What is everyone doing for shoes? My ceremony is going to be on the beach and then move to a outdoor deck. So spike heels are a no go. I am thinking either flat sandals or wedges. I have been trying to find a sparkly sandal with a small-medium wedge, that isn't too casual....but I can't find anything like that! What is everyone else doing, does anyone have suggestions? Thanks!

Originally Posted by TealMarie View Post

I've thought this over for a while. I bought beautiful heels before I even purchased my dress. I planned to go barefoot on the beach for the ceremony and then wear heels. My seamstress (my Aunt) informed me I had to pick one or the other, as she has to hem the dress, so I'm choosing barefoot/flats. I realized no one will see my shoes anyways and why do I have to wear heels for the reception and be in pain all night? They make your legs look killer but when you're wearing a long dress, what's the point? So I'm going to find sparkly sandals or some with clear jewels on them and then either go barefoot for the ceremony or get barefoot sandals. There's a pair that I'm lusting over made by a poster on this site.http://www.redibychelsea.com/bond-girl-rhinestone-pearl-destination-wedding-handcrafted-barefoot-jewelry/ I love them but I'm not sure if I can fork over that much money for them. We'll see. 

Have you looked at Nordstrom online or shopbop or zappos? 

Originally Posted by jolene028 View Post

I am doing barefoot sandals I actually made some because I too couldnt justify spending that kind of coin... I loved doing it so much that I made all the girls in my bridal party some! I was actually thinking that maybe I would start selling them at half the price of everyone else because I think that they are over priced LOL! I also got white flip flops that I am going to put some bling on for the reception and other places that you need to wear shoes... we are going to the beach so I am going to go with that theme and be barefoot as much as possible!

I loved wearing barefoot sandals for my wedding! Our ceremony and reception were both in the sand, and the cocktail hour was by the pool on a wooden deck. I just kept the bare feet the whole time and walked on the wooden deck with no shoes. If you do need shoes at some point, dressy flip flops are a great option. Chances are your dress is long, so no need to go through the pain of high heels while you dance the night away on your wedding night! :)

I did, however, take a couple of photos while I was getting ready with a pair of purple high heels on while holding my dress up, just to have that photo! There was no way to tell that the dress was too short with the heel on because she took it close up. 

Here's the store on Etsy I got the barefoot sandals from, very affordable compared to the other site I was looking at! http://www.etsy.com/listing/118146078/beach-wedding-barefoot-sandals-foot

Originally Posted by MrsHK View Post

I loved wearing barefoot sandals for my wedding! Our ceremony and reception were both in the sand, and the cocktail hour was by the pool on a wooden deck. I just kept the bare feet the whole time and walked on the wooden deck with no shoes. If you do need shoes at some point, dressy flip flops are a great option. Chances are your dress is long, so no need to go through the pain of high heels while you dance the night away on your wedding night! :)

I did, however, take a couple of photos while I was getting ready with a pair of purple high heels on while holding my dress up, just to have that photo! There was no way to tell that the dress was too short with the heel on because she took it close up. 

Here's the store on Etsy I got the barefoot sandals from, very affordable compared to the other site I was looking at! http://www.etsy.com/listing/118146078/beach-wedding-barefoot-sandals-foot

That's how I feel about wearing high heels. I know I would be miserable in them after an hour and no one will know or be able to see otherwise. Thanks for the tip about wearing some for a photo before the ceremony. I'll probably do that because I already have a lovely pair. Like I said I'll probably do barefoot sandals and then dressy sandals for the reception to dance in. Love the lace on your dress by the way!

I need your opinions fellow brides!! I am a bling lover but when i first saw this dress on the internet, i fell in love...i love the simplicity and elegance of it...I looked and looked for it and finally found it and loved it even more when I tried it on. After waiting 5 months, the dress finally came in and I had my fitting last weekend and although i love it without any bling...i asked to pin on some appliques to see what it would look like. I still love it without the bling applique...but the rhinestone applique just adds more .... "umph" to it i think....i told the lady that i would think about it...and bring it back if i wanted to add it....i keep looking at the pictures and i'm not sure which one i love more! I wish i could ask my fiance for his opinion lol but it's just not an option.  So ladies,  help me out here! 

THIS IS THE DRESS AS SHOWN ON MODEL 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

THIS IS THE DRESS ON ME:(SANS APPLIQUE)

LL

THIS THE DRESS ON ME WITH THE APPLIQUE:

LL

AND LAST PIC WITH A CLOSER LOOK AT DETAIL OF APPLIQUE:

LL

SO WITH? OR WITHOUT?? 

THANKS IN ADVANCE :) 

Originally Posted by Jenn963 View Post

I need your opinions fellow brides!! I am a bling lover but when i first saw this dress on the internet, i fell in love...i love the simplicity and elegance of it...I looked and looked for it and finally found it and loved it even more when I tried it on. After waiting 5 months, the dress finally came in and I had my fitting last weekend and although i love it without any bling...i asked to pin on some appliques to see what it would look like. I still love it without the bling applique...but the rhinestone applique just adds more .... "umph" to it i think....i told the lady that i would think about it...and bring it back if i wanted to add it....i keep looking at the pictures and i'm not sure which one i love more! I wish i could ask my fiance for his opinion lol but it's just not an option.  So ladies,  help me out here! 

THIS IS THE DRESS AS SHOWN ON MODEL 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

THIS IS THE DRESS ON ME:(SANS APPLIQUE)

LL

THIS THE DRESS ON ME WITH THE APPLIQUE:

LL

AND LAST PIC WITH A CLOSER LOOK AT DETAIL OF APPLIQUE:

LL

SO WITH? OR WITHOUT?? 

THANKS IN ADVANCE :) 

Oh That's so pretty!! I thought the applique were just going to be the standard "belt"... but that's beautiful. I'm a bling girl myself, so I say WITH.