Photo

DIY Wedding Dress Hanger Tutorial

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#41 philanab

philanab
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

How did you make the "t"??? Mine does not look half as good as yours. Thanks!

Here is a close up of a 't' [IMG ALT=""]http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/163169/width/500/height/1000[/IMG] I'll try to explain the best I can. #1. Bend the wire up #2. At the top bend the wire back and down so it's behind #3. About 1/3 of the way down bend the wire to the right, this will still be behind #4. The next step is to bend the wire forward, towards you, then left so it crosses the middle #5. At the same distance on the other side bend the wire back, behind, and to the right #6. When you reach the middle bend the wire down, behind step #1 #7. Last step, at the bottom of the t bend the wire to the right then onto your next letter. Take your time and practice a few times on some scrap wire. Good luck!

#42 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
    • 670 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hmmmm... Your t is very pretty. I'm going to try that again for my mother of the groom hanger , I want hers to be really pretty. You explained it very well too! Thanks for clearing that up. Hopefully I can throw my glue away lol

#43 soonCB

soonCB
      • 264 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

Wow! You are a genius! you have this down pat! Here is mine, I may do it again though . . . .

Here is a close up of a 't'

I'll try to explain the best I can.
        #1. Bend the wire up
        #2. At the top bend the wire back and down so it's behind
        #3. About 1/3 of the way down bend the wire to the right, this will still be behind
        #4. The next step is to bend the wire forward, towards you, then left so it crosses the middle
        #5. At the same distance on the other side bend the wire back, behind, and to the right
        #6. When you reach the middle bend the wire down, behind step #1
        #7. Last step, at the bottom of the t bend the wire to the right then onto your next letter.
        Take your time and practice a few times on some scrap wire.
        Good luck!

#44 shes2013

shes2013
        • 118 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

Thanks for the tutorial, these are lovely!! Now I'm on my way to attempt these!

#45 ahaas86

ahaas86
          • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

Hi there!  I hope I'm not too late for this thread!  But where did you find the lettering for your hangers?  I know you said Etsy, but was there a certain store?  I do a lot better if I have something to look off of!

#46 ahaas86

ahaas86
            • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

Hi!  I hope I"m not too late on this thread.  You said you had looked off Etsy to decide how the letters should look.  Which Etsy shop did you use?  I am best at just looking off of something rather than just winging it!

#47 philanab

philanab
              • 178 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

Hi!  I hope I"m not too late on this thread.  You said you had looked off Etsy to decide how the letters should look.  Which Etsy shop did you use?  I am best at just looking off of something rather than just winging it!

I didn't use one in particular, just spent some time looking around at the lettering I liked best then mixed and matched letters from different etsy sellers until I came up with something I liked. I would encourage you to make a template as I did on page 1 of this tutorial, then you can just follow the template for sizing and lettering. If you'd like to see any close up pictures of the hangers I've done I can post them and you can follow them. I just kept it generic and used titles rather than names though, I found this easier than trying to figure out how I was going to spell each name.

#48 DwBride2Be

DwBride2Be
                • 190 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

I did a google search for bridal hanger's and then under images you will see TONS of variations.  MIne's not perfect, but I like that about it!

#49 Speckles121

Speckles121
                  • 720 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Got my second wire in today and couldnt wait to try at it again..here's the final product of how the wire came out..im very happy with it..thoughts??

#50 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
                    • 670 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

I love the purple wire! Pretty. Looks great! You should open an etsy store lol...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users