Photo

DIY Wedding Dress Hanger Tutorial

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#21 Branya2012

Branya2012
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

Amazing! Thanks for the tutorial! I am looking forward to channeling my inner craftiness on this one! Thankfully, I think I'll only make one for me.

~ December 5, 2012 ~

~ Las Caletas, Mexico ~

#22 agm04

agm04
    • 548 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

SO fun!  Gotta go find a hanger somewhere.

#23 LAtravelgirl

LAtravelgirl
      • 163 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

I had read to be sure to bring a pretty hanger for photos, but these are amazing!

#24 philanab

philanab
        • 178 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

So, I finally finished all 7 hangers. It was a fun project so I may continue making them for friend and family bridal showers in the future. [IMG ALT=""]http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/160338/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]

Well i was working on these last night and was wondering if you had any suggestions for the letter "d". I too was using etsy  as examples and am super impressed with how they manage to get the letters so nice. It's obviously practice makes perfect so I am going to stick with it, but was having trouble with the 'd' also will be looking for a T soon but we'll get there one day....luckily I found 5 yds of 12 gauge wire in red at michaels for under $2. It's not really the color I want but I am practicing with it for when I finally do it in silver. Thanks again for the tutorial.

2bmrstremblay, I'm glad you're giving it a try! Make sure to post some pictures of the final product. Here is a close up picture of the letter 'd' [IMG ALT=""]http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/160334/width/350/height/700[/IMG] I've run out of wire but I'll show you the steps to make the letter d on an ipod cord. [IMG ALT=""]http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/160335/width/350/height/700[/IMG] First wrap the wire around a round object, I used a Lipgloss (which I also used for the other letters requiring circles - a,b,d,e,g,o,p) from back to front. [IMG ALT=""]http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/160336/width/350/height/700[/IMG] Then pull the wire upwards [IMG ALT=""]http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/160337/width/350/height/700[/IMG] And bend it back down, again from back to front. I'm sorry, I don't know how to make a capital T, the main issue is that the top of the T starts at the top rather than the bottom, making your wire/words lopsided. If you have to use a T, I would suggest using all lower case letters. If you have any more questions please let me know. I hope this helps.

#25 Katryne

Katryne
          • 260 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

Wow! They are gorgeous!  Great job!

#26 jolene028

jolene028
            • 588 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

thanks for posting i love these i may give it a try!!!

#27 agm04

agm04
            • 548 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:39 AM

These look awesome - I am so impressed!  Love the flowers.

I ordered some wire and can't wait for it to get here!  Going to pick up hangers tonight.

#28 philanab

philanab
              • 178 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:42 AM

Thanks ladies! The flowers with the jewels in the middle are from Michaels, I think they were about $6 but I had the 40% off coupon. I kept one think I may make some kind of head piece out of it. The other flowers with the pearl in the middle are from Ardene, bought as part of the 5 for $10 promotion ( 2 flowers per package ). They had a bobby pin glued to the back. I just used my curling wand, that I use for my hair, and held the hot wand against the back until it melted the glue, then just slid the pin out. They worked out to be much cheaper than the Michaels flowers, and just as pretty!

#29 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
                • 455 posts
                • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
                • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:04 AM

Wow!!! You did an amazing job!!!! I was totally going to buy these, but I think I will definitely try to make them!!! I only hope mine come out half as nice as yours! Thanks for all your help!

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#30 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
                • 670 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

Yay! I've needed a new project and this is it! Gorgeous workman ship!, or work woman ship:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users