Jump to content

Photo

DIY Wedding Dress Hanger Tutorial


  • Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#171 csho

csho
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by JHo2013 

 

LoL. I definitely know better than to pay for full price items at Michael's. The mark up is crazy. I had a 50% off coupon but sitll found the wire to be a bit pricey. Maybe I'll go back again and look again. But yes, thanks for that tip! :)

I bought my wire at Michaels and I think it was only like 4$. You have to look in the jewlery/bead making section. But you can definitely find it there for about 4$ and of course always bring your coupon!



#172 Xarocas

Xarocas
  • Jr. Member
  • 157 posts

    Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:02 AM

    Thank you for sharing! I've been wondering how to do these! Not sure if I have the talent but will definitely be trying it out!



    #173 KK2013

    KK2013
    • Jr. Member
    • 244 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
    • LocationNew Jersey

    Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:51 AM

    Here is one example of my final product!  I made them for my whole bridal party and mothers.  I got the tulle flowers on etsy and bought the crystal buttons at Michaels for the center.  Hangers from Ikea.  I think each one ended up costing around $4!



    #174 Tinkerbell82

    Tinkerbell82
    • Jr. Member
    • 193 posts

      Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

      Originally Posted by KK2013 

      Here is one example of my final product!  I made them for my whole bridal party and mothers.  I got the tulle flowers on etsy and bought the crystal buttons at Michaels for the center.  Hangers from Ikea.  I think each one ended up costing around $4!

      Your hangers are gorgeous!!  I have some wire in my craft box- I think I'm going to try to do one tonight. :)



      #175 KK2013

      KK2013
      • Jr. Member
      • 244 posts
      • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
      • LocationNew Jersey

      Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

      Originally Posted by Tinkerbell82 

      Your hangers are gorgeous!!  I have some wire in my craft box- I think I'm going to try to do one tonight. :)


      Thank you!  It takes some time, but it's worth it!  Good luck!



      #176 Tinkerbell82

      Tinkerbell82
      • Jr. Member
      • 193 posts

        Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

        Originally Posted by KK2013 


        Thank you!  It takes some time, but it's worth it!  Good luck!

        Thanks!  I finally got around to trying it...it's a little more difficult than I thought! I watched some youtube tutorials, hopefully that will help.

         

        To those asking about cheap wire, one of the girls on youtube mentioned she buys it in bulk at Lowes (she is an etsy seller).

         

        Also, thank you to the bride who posted the cupcake font!  I may try to print and use that as a template. :)



        #177 KK2013

        KK2013
        • Jr. Member
        • 244 posts
        • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
        • LocationNew Jersey

        Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

        Originally Posted by Tinkerbell82 

        Thanks!  I finally got around to trying it...it's a little more difficult than I thought! I watched some youtube tutorials, hopefully that will help.

         

        To those asking about cheap wire, one of the girls on youtube mentioned she buys it in bulk at Lowes (she is an etsy seller).

         

        Also, thank you to the bride who posted the cupcake font!  I may try to print and use that as a template. :)


        It helped me to look at the way people did certain letters that I needed, and others that were hard I cheated and did Mrs. X instead of their first names.  I drew out each one the size it needed to be and used as a template.  :)



        #178 bridemoonpalace

        bridemoonpalace
        • Jr. Member
        • 151 posts

          Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

          I think I want to make these!

          #179 Tinkerbell82

          Tinkerbell82
          • Jr. Member
          • 193 posts

            Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by KK2013 
             


            It helped me to look at the way people did certain letters that I needed, and others that were hard I cheated and did Mrs. X instead of their first names.  I drew out each one the size it needed to be and used as a template.  :)

             

            Thats very helpful- thanks. :)



            #180 sharmer

            sharmer
            • Jr. Member
            • 165 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 3, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Iberostar Bavaro, Punta Cana
            • LocationKitchener, Ont, Canada

            Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

            so cute! thanks for sharing






            0 user(s) are reading this topic

            0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users