philanab

DIY Wedding Dress Hanger Tutorial

How did you make the "t"??? Mine does not look half as good as yours. Thanks!
Here is a close up of a 't' ALT=""http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/163169/width/500/height/1000[/img] I'll try to explain the best I can. #1. Bend the wire up #2. At the top bend the wire back and down so it's behind #3. About 1/3 of the way down bend the wire to the right, this will still be behind #4. The next step is to bend the wire forward, towards you, then left so it crosses the middle #5. At the same distance on the other side bend the wire back, behind, and to the right #6. When you reach the middle bend the wire down, behind step #1 #7. Last step, at the bottom of the t bend the wire to the right then onto your next letter. Take your time and practice a few times on some scrap wire. Good luck!

Hmmmm... Your t is very pretty. I'm going to try that again for my mother of the groom hanger , I want hers to be really pretty. You explained it very well too! Thanks for clearing that up. Hopefully I can throw my glue away lol

Wow! You are a genius! you have this down pat! Here is mine, I may do it again though . . . .

Originally Posted by philanab View Post

Here is a close up of a 't'
I'll try to explain the best I can.
#1. Bend the wire up
#2. At the top bend the wire back and down so it's behind
#3. About 1/3 of the way down bend the wire to the right, this will still be behind
#4. The next step is to bend the wire forward, towards you, then left so it crosses the middle
#5. At the same distance on the other side bend the wire back, behind, and to the right
#6. When you reach the middle bend the wire down, behind step #1
#7. Last step, at the bottom of the t bend the wire to the right then onto your next letter.
Take your time and practice a few times on some scrap wire.
Good luck!

Hi there!  I hope I'm not too late for this thread!  But where did you find the lettering for your hangers?  I know you said Etsy, but was there a certain store?  I do a lot better if I have something to look off of!

Hi!  I hope I"m not too late on this thread.  You said you had looked off Etsy to decide how the letters should look.  Which Etsy shop did you use?  I am best at just looking off of something rather than just winging it!

Hi!  I hope I"m not too late on this thread.  You said you had looked off Etsy to decide how the letters should look.  Which Etsy shop did you use?  I am best at just looking off of something rather than just winging it!
I didn't use one in particular, just spent some time looking around at the lettering I liked best then mixed and matched letters from different etsy sellers until I came up with something I liked. I would encourage you to make a template as I did on page 1 of this tutorial, then you can just follow the template for sizing and lettering. If you'd like to see any close up pictures of the hangers I've done I can post them and you can follow them. I just kept it generic and used titles rather than names though, I found this easier than trying to figure out how I was going to spell each name.