Another TTD question

So I got my TTD and it happens to be the same one that Denise [DEE1978] had for her pics (J Crew Joanna linen dress) because that's what I could find cheap and that fit what I was looking for. Here's a pic:

Click the image to open in full size.

So I'm working with a photog who is known for his underwater shots and I really want to do a bunch of underwater TTD stuff, but I'm getting nervous that the dress will not hold up, or will be WAY too see through.

I've purchased some underthings that help with the see through-ness, but I'm still worried that the dress may not look great underwater on me since it might be a bit clingy. Anyone use a similar type dress for their TTD or see pics of one? Denise's pics look great so maybe it's all about staging? Ideas, experiences and reassurances are welcome. blush2.gif

I don't have any tips for you, but that dress is see through when its not wet, so I would be a little worried about it as well. Can you try it on with the underthings and take a pic, is that possible?

That is so awesome that you got someone who does underwater shots. I wish my photog could do that. That would be awesome.

Why are you not going to wear your actual dress? What does it look like? I only ask because I think an actual bridal gown would hold up much much better.

It is very see through w/o being wet. I need to get a different bra, and when I get that this weekend I'll post a pic with me in it.

I can't use my real dress because we actually have to do the TTD before the wedding because we won't have time to do it the day after. I really wanted to do one TTD in the BVI-since I can't pass up the opportunity to get ocean shots-and then maybe one later here in Austin where I might use my real dress.

I agree though that real dress would probably hold up better, so I may keep looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecluse View Post
It is very see through w/o being wet. I need to get a different bra, and when I get that this weekend I'll post a pic with me in it.

I can't use my real dress because we actually have to do the TTD before the wedding because we won't have time to do it the day after. I really wanted to do one TTD in the BVI-since I can't pass up the opportunity to get ocean shots-and then maybe one later here in Austin where I might use my real dress.

I agree though that real dress would probably hold up better, so I may keep looking.
Oh, that makes perfect sense, of course you can not use your dress. lol Huh, What about looking on ebay? Also, I know you guys must have them, but we have lots of wedding forums in Canada where brides are selling their dresses for really cheap. Last one I saw that was beautiful sold for $150. Maybe you could go that route as well. Just a thought. I would look for you, but it would cost you too much in shipping, so you need something local.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecluse View Post
Yeah, I'll try craigslist and ebay I guess. I got the JCrew dress off ebay for $60, so I could sell it and get something else if I get my stuff together.
I think you might want to try to get something else. Instead of spending money to buy things to wear under it and then finding out its too clingy and see through when you are in the water will not be fun. I hope you find something.