St Thomas May 2013!!

Jackie Milton

Hi Ladies,...Just wanted to introduce myself,...been lurking and surfing some of the great info on this site!! My names Jackie my fiance and I have decided to "make it legal" after 10 years and get married.

We took a cruise approx 5 years ago and loved it, so the plan was hatched to cruise Eastern Caribbean and be married on St Thomas after I fell in love with some wedding photos I came across of another cruise wedding. After lots and I mean LOTS of hashing out of dates and "discussions" with family,...we have settled on a cruise leaving Miami on May 5 2013 and getting married on St Thomas May 8 2013.

Hope to find some other brides maybe doing the same thing and we can bounce ideas!!

Take care and Happy Planning!

Jackie cheers.gif

• 1 month later...

Hi Jackie!

My name is also Jackie and we're doing the same thing, cruising the Eastern Caribbean and getting married in St. Thomas.  Are you using Island Bliss weddings for your on-island wedding planner?  I would love to hear about your plans and bounce some ideas off of you.  Congratulations on your engagement!

Congratulations, Jackie's!

We're very excited to hear more about your planning. BDW is looking for great content regarding St. Thomas as well as Cruise weddings, so please share your adventure and findings!

I've featured this on the homepage as well. 

Happy planning!

Stephanie

Congratulations to all of you. 

I'm sure this journey can be scary planning a wedding to a place you may have only visited once. We have some suggestions of great beaches to get married on, on this page: http://blueskyceremony.com/st-thomas-wedding-locations/

Hope it helps and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Much love and many beautiful wedding wishes,

Amber Ambrose Motylinski

Blue Sky Ceremony

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ladies!!

"GauchoSteph"   So sorry for slow response...anyone know how to trigger email notifications to posts?

Yes we're using Janelle from Island Bliss and she has been absolutely fantastic,Responds to emails so quickly and full of helpfull advice,...did I mention patience of a saint?LOL

Carnival Glory out of Miami is the plan. Booked at Villa Botanica, which I can't wait to see!

The ship doesnt dock til 11 so I'm hoping to be able to get hair and makeup on the ship before we port. Anyone had experience with this??

Anyone have any ideas on dress travel?

What are your guys going to wear??

Congratulations to "MochaPrincess"

Congratulations to "Canadian"...where abouts in Canada?? We're in Ontario!

Congratulations to "Jackie"...well doesn't that sound weird?? LOL

Looking forward to chatting with you all!!

Jax

Originally Posted by Jackie Milton View Post

Hi Ladies,...Just wanted to introduce myself,...been lurking and surfing some of the great info on this site!! My names Jackie my fiance and I have decided to "make it legal" after 10 years and get married.

We took a cruise approx 5 years ago and loved it, so the plan was hatched to cruise Eastern Caribbean and be married on St Thomas after I fell in love with some wedding photos I came across of another cruise wedding. After lots and I mean LOTS of hashing out of dates and "discussions" with family,...we have settled on a cruise leaving Miami on May 5 2013 and getting married on St Thomas May 8 2013.

Hope to find some other brides maybe doing the same thing and we can bounce ideas!!

Take care and Happy Planning!

Jackie cheers.gif

Congrats!! We're doing the same thing. Going on a Carnival Cruise March 2013 and getting married in St. Thomas. Do you have a venue? We're using Island Bliss Wedding and working w/ Janelle to help coordinate our event :)