Photo

DIY Monograms in Powerpoint

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 kaycag

kaycag
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hello All! I started creating Monograms in Powerpoint last week for my passport save the dates. I created each monogram on a seperate slide. I tried to group all of my objects together to use them on other documents but the option is grayed out. Does anyone know how I can group all of the objects in each slide to copy them to my passport and invitations??? Any help is appreciated.

#2 kaycag

kaycag
    • 74 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

Finally figured out what I was doing wrong. Phew!!! Now I have to try and insert my monogram into Aylee's passport template...Here goes nothing!

Heres some of my first ones btw...

Slide7.JPG

Slide8.JPG

#3 FIFAbride

FIFAbride
      • 97 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:04 AM

I love your hibiscus flowers.  We used them as well. I saved my monogram from power point as a picture and inserted it into the template.  Then change the layout to Behind Text and you can move it around.  Good luck

#4 Lizrmt

Lizrmt
        • 173 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

I love the second one. So pretty!

#5 kaycag

kaycag
          • 74 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by FIFAbride 

I love your hibiscus flowers.  We used them as well. I saved my monogram from power point as a picture and inserted it into the template.  Then change the layout to Behind Text and you can move it around.  Good luck

Thank You!!! I realized that's the step I was missing...saving it into the correct format. This is my first time doing something like this. I had to change soem of the textboxes in the template but it's coming along nicely!

#6 kaycag

kaycag
            • 74 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

A couple more I'm going to use on welcome letters and invitations..

Slide3.JPG

Slide5.JPG

#7 FIFAbride

FIFAbride
              • 97 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

I'm glad I could help.  I've never done anything like this either until now.  We mailed our boarding pass invites last Friday and now we have people calling, texting, and emailing asking where we got ticket card stock.  LOL, I can almost see the expression on their faces when I tell them we cut them and did it all ourselves.  

Enjoy the process.  Remember to post your final project.  I can't wait to see them!

#8 kaycag

kaycag
                • 74 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:16 AM

Okay ladies...I hot another snag...I created some cute swirls and trees in powerpoint to use on my passport save the dates. I'm using Aylee's template but getting them from Powerpoint to the template is a challenge. I saved them as PNG and JPEG and put them into a seperate folder. But when I get them to the template I'm unable to format them to send them behind the text. The template is mostly textboxes and I removed the shape fills and shape outlines from all of the boxes but unable to get my images in the background. Can anyone help with this?

#9 negritadr

negritadr
                  • 205 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

Very nice, I like it!!

#10 maryjonjet

maryjonjet
                    • 71 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

This will come in handy when I start on my project!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users