KristieT
    • 430 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

LOOKS GREAT!

#23 Jenna1511

Jenna1511
      • 209 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

They look great! I really like the second one too! I love the style great job!

#24 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
        • 861 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

So I completely changed my mind on what i wanted to do for invites. Which also put me in a bit of a dliemma. Turns out my brothers girlfriend has a home based invitation business on the side and she offered to help me out and do them for cheap. We have gone over everything i want and i sent her examples. I got some proofs back this morning of 3 designs... there must have been some miscommunication because the proofs are nothing like what i wanted.. Now being the typical control freak that i am and seeing as how i was bored today i went ahead and designed another invite. Now i feel bad and dont know what to do. If i should send her my new invite and just ask her to help me with printing so that im not doing in on my home printer or let her continue to design and hope she comes up with something more like what i am wanting.

My new design

#25 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
          • 955 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

Wow, talk about a total revamp...but I like it! My only concern is that the bottom recep/cocktail line…I think the font may be to ornate for that specific font size.

Regarding design help from your brother’s GF, I think when you know exactly what you want it can be difficult to relay that info to another person. I say do them on your own unless this is a relationship that you fear will be ruined if you don’t continue to work with her and use her invite company. It would be different if she gave you what you wanted and it only needed minor tweaking. But if she’s not even in the ballpark, then this process of working with her may be more effort than it’s worth. I think it’s safer to end the process now then to have her continue her design efforts, you still not like it, and both of you are left feeling unsatisfied.

#26 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
            • 861 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

Thanks! I really do enjoy making the invites as well.. so even though i was happy for the help a part of me was sad that it was being taken away lol. So im thinking of just sending her this one and asking her opinion... and just sort of wording it as...' since your doing these just for the cost of printing i feel bad taking so much of your time trying to get it as i want. So since i had some time on my hands i came up with something and would like your professional opinion and thoughts on what should be changed'.    how does that sound?

I do agree on the bottom font.. however i dont want to introduce a 4th font. not sure which of the other two to do it in. I did do a test print and it is easier to read on the printed version.

#27 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
              • 861 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

New font...... also i realised that cocktaild comes before the reception lol

#28 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
                • 955 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

I think that would be a very respectable way to approach her.  It allows her to decide how involved she want to be instead of potentially feeling unappreciated.

I understand not wanting to use another font, so I’m happy to hear that the test print is clear and crisp. I know that images get scaled down, I just wanted to double check ;)

#29 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
                  • 670 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

I love the pop of pink on these! And the flowers totally make it Your wording is perfect. I say that in that business she is prob familiar with the control most brides prefer.

#30 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
                    • 861 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tulumbride2013 

I love the pop of pink on these! And the flowers totally make it Your wording is perfect. I say that in that business she is prob familiar with the control most brides prefer.

Thanks!!! i like it too! I printed out a test print and layered it on my kreft paper pocketfolds and it really looks great together! brings all the colors (purple, grey, coral, and brown) togetehr nicely!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users