Jump to content

Photo

To Veil or not to Veil?


  • Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#71 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
  • Member
  • 593 posts

    Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

    Originally Posted by Jenny2014 

    I agree- it is completely up to the bride on whether to wear a veil or not. I will be- just a fingertip length one, with maybe some satin or jewels at the bottom. I don't want anything overly dramatic or too long, but I got a bit choked up in the brief couple of seconds when I wore when when trying on dresses. Even though I hated the gown I was in, it was wearing the veil that really was the kick to the stomach that this is real for me.
     

    Agreed! I almost didn't chose my dress because something was missing and then the consultant put on the veil! Something about a veil just makes it feel bridal. I guess because there's only one time in life you wear one.


    Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

    #72 Jenny2014

    Jenny2014
    • Member
    • 503 posts

      Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

      Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jenny2014 

      I agree- it is completely up to the bride on whether to wear a veil or not. I will be- just a fingertip length one, with maybe some satin or jewels at the bottom. I don't want anything overly dramatic or too long, but I got a bit choked up in the brief couple of seconds when I wore when when trying on dresses. Even though I hated the gown I was in, it was wearing the veil that really was the kick to the stomach that this is real for me.
       

      Agreed! I almost didn't chose my dress because something was missing and then the consultant put on the veil! Something about a veil just makes it feel bridal. I guess because there's only one time in life you wear one.


      Hopefully only one time! But I guess, for most of us at least, we go into it thinking this is the only time. I have yet to wear my dress  + veil. And I am sure when I do, I will be a blubbering mess.



      #73 AmyandNolan2013

      AmyandNolan2013
      • Newbie
      • 14 posts

        Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

        i am definitly going to wear a veil, has anyone thought of weighing it down with something? something descrete like crystals at the end? something just for the ceremony that you can just take off?

        #74 FireyNurse

        FireyNurse
        • Jr. Member
        • 389 posts

          Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

          Originally Posted by AmyandNolan2013 

          i am definitly going to wear a veil, has anyone thought of weighing it down with something? something descrete like crystals at the end? something just for the ceremony that you can just take off?

          I have heard ladies talk about gluing or sewing on little teeny painted fishing weights. I didn't do anything with mine and told my maid of honour to tuck it into the back of my dress IF it blew around...we lucked out with absolutely no wind so I didn't have to worry!

           

           

          Something I never thought of with my veil was that if you have a belt (Like I did) and its got bling that is a little bit rough with clasps where your bead or bling is your veil may attach itself to your belt. Mine did that quite a lot!! 



          #75 FireyNurse

          FireyNurse
          • Jr. Member
          • 389 posts

            Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

            I don't think I ever posted on here my actual veil, it was from Etsy seller BellaBridalVeils and cost me just $53 including shipping. It has crystals scattered throughout and was a shimmery material like my dress! It was fingertip length because I didn't want it to interfere with the ruffles.  Here you can also see the belt I had on my dress that did a whole lot of grabbing of my veil! 



            #76 feebi

            feebi
            • Jr. Member
            • 154 posts

              Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

              I used a veil and loved it. Loved how it catches the wind and makes for beautiful pictures.



              #77 WeddingCancun

              WeddingCancun
              • Vendor
              • 210 posts

                Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

                veils are so beautiful! but sometimes brides decide not to use it and that doesn't mean they won't look like a bride without it. There are many other alternatives such as  hats, hairbands and headresses


                We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?


                #78 Jenny2014

                Jenny2014
                • Member
                • 503 posts

                  Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

                  veils are so beautiful! but sometimes brides decide not to use it and that doesn't mean they won't look like a bride without it. There are many other alternatives such asĀ  hats, hairbands and headresses

                  Absolutely! Being a bride is all about how you feel inside, not defined necessarily by what you are wearing on the outside. I think it's so amazing the vaste differences in every wedding. It truly is a celebrattion of the individuality of the couple!

                  #79 Matt Adcock

                  Matt Adcock
                  • Vendor
                  • 1,243 posts

                    Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

                    Hi Ladies,

                     

                    Why not fly the veil???

                     

                     

                    We loved this wedding in Yelapa, MX. For more pics, check out: http://delsolphotogr...nation-wedding/

                     

                    Best wishes.



                    #80 JSLM

                    JSLM
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 170 posts

                      Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

                      Originally Posted by FireyNurse 

                      I don't think I ever posted on here my actual veil, it was from Etsy seller BellaBridalVeils and cost me just $53 including shipping. It has crystals scattered throughout and was a shimmery material like my dress! It was fingertip length because I didn't want it to interfere with the ruffles.  Here you can also see the belt I had on my dress that did a whole lot of grabbing of my veil! 

                      This sounds exactly like what I want, and the price is amazing. Thank you! I'm definitely going to check out this seller on Etsy!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users