To Veil or not to Veil?

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#51 EVKnowsitall

• 593 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by RNtoBe 

I was against a veil at first until they made me try one on, and I have to admit I felt more like a bride once I had it on. My mom has been pushing hard for me to wear one so I've decided on a finger tip length.

Same here! Especially since my dress is a mermaid. I did not think I would choose such a form fitting gown and before I did- I expressed reluctance and the consultant put a veil on me right away. The veil completed the look for me. I will be wearing a cathedral length veil. Not common for destination weddings lol I know! But we are getting married in a church so I think it will work fine. I will take it off for the reception. After a few pics of course! haha. I looooove veils. I always have.

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#52 iLuvPinkNPurple

• Banned
    • 15 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

I'll definitely wear a veil! But my veil would be a simple sheer and not that long. 

Resembles the 6th pic Playalovesme posted, minus the few studs. (Thanks Playalovesme!)  Before I was thinking not to. Actually, I think I look good wearing one or not as I'll be having an updo and will wear a hair comb. But I prefer to wear one. Perhaps without wearing a veil, my wedding get up wouldn't be complete. 

#53 mimiq

• 184 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

yup, i just decided to add in a veil.  i have 2 options... get my mom to make me a really really simple one (i only really want it because i think it'll be fun in pictures) and now a friend just offered me hers.  A little stressed to borrow one though because she plans to pass it along to her daughter... that might be too much responsibility!!

#54 chantal09

• 192 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

What do you guys think of this veil?

#55 juliboley

• 76 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

I love it!!!  I think that length is perfect too.

#56 michellegirl

• Site Supporter
            • 21 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Chatal09: That veil is gorgeous on you! LOVE it! :)

#57 chantal09

• 192 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

Thanks ladies!!

#58 RNtoBe

• 255 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

The veil is beautiful!

#59 Playalovesme

• 39 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

Lovely veil Chantal09!

Our pleasure iLuvPinkNPurple :)

A handmade veil from your mom would make such a lovely addition to your wedding day mimiq...

#60 AllieH

• Resort/Area Ambassadors
                    • 2,014 posts
                    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
                    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

The verdict is in. Veil was awesome for photos, but it was a pain for the ceremony. Fell out 3 times and our wc kept putting it back. I finally tucked it under my arm and took it off as soon as the ceremony was done.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users