To Veil or not to Veil?

Originally Posted by juliboley View Post

I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not I want to wear a veil in our wedding.  Here is a picture of the dress.  IMG_0817.JPG

Did any other brides have a hard time making this decision?  Did you wear a veil to your wedding?  Would a veil look weird since my hair is short?  I've never even tried one on...

Maybe a birdcage veil since your hair is short. I think with a long veil it might detract from your hair which frames your face. In the end, its up to you. I wanted the veil because it made me feel more bridal lol

Originally Posted by Tink View Post

I think veils look absolutely gorgeous during destination weddings. I'm thinking of wearing a veil when walking down the aisle, then changing to just a white flower on the side for the reception and the trash the dress the next day.

Tink! Wear the veil for the trash the dress! I think it looks totally sexy when its wet and against the brides skin. You could always take a few pics with it and then take it off for the rest of the shots. I have seen some gorgeous TTD photos with veils.

To veil for me! All the way lol. I'm having a cathedral length because I had my heart set on a ball gown, even though I ended up disliking every ball gown I tried on. I ended up with a mermaid and loved it but felt it was missing something. When the consultant put the veil on me I was sold. I am getting married inside the church so its fine. I might take it off for the reception since it will be on the beach. I haven't purchased but the veil, but where I purchased my gown, they have veil trunk shows where you can try on your dress and try different veils so I'm looking forward to that.

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall View Post

Tink! Wear the veil for the trash the dress! I think it looks totally sexy when its wet and against the brides skin. You could always take a few pics with it and then take it off for the rest of the shots. I have seen some gorgeous TTD photos with veils.

Totally with you on this one EVKnowsitall!!

Here are some of my personal favorite TTD Sessions:

Skye + Norman. This was a very special sunrise ceremony followed by a fun TTD Session in the Mayan Riviera!

Kal + Ewa. Cute and fun couple from UK.

Amanda + Jeremiah. Loved Amanda's birdcage.

Schnee + Keith. Wedding at Le Blanc Resort + TTD in the Mayan Riviera, all del Sol Style :)

And now that we are talking about props for a TTD Session, why not consider bringing your heels too....Stacey + Justin.

Happy Planning Ladies :)

I've seen pictures of updo's with a white flower on the side and the veil poking through at the bottom-mid level of the updo so you can still see the flower. It looks really good together, so you could try having both! But if the flower is easy enough to put on in between the ceremony and reception, then its definitely a fun wardrobe change to surprise your guests with!

I never saw myself as a veil person, which is good because FI laughed when I mentioned one.  I am more of a big flower or bow in the hair type.  I played around with the idea of a birdcage/fascinator and I don't think I will do that either.  These all look amazing though...Once it gets closer, who knows...I might just change my mind.

• 4 weeks later...

A special thank you to those that mentioned the windiness of beach weddings and suggested a waltz length veil.  I purchased mine on lightinthbox.com. It came just as a piece of fabric and I had to sew my own comb on, but I love the way that it looked in pictures.  It was definitely windy, and there were a couple of moments that it got a little out of control, but man, does it ever look pretty in pictures:

384306_10100456108951192_794810427_n.jpg

64497_10100456103217682_1227269972_n.jpg

Originally Posted by RNtoBe View Post

I was against a veil at first until they made me try one on, and I have to admit I felt more like a bride once I had it on. My mom has been pushing hard for me to wear one so I've decided on a finger tip length.

Same here! Especially since my dress is a mermaid. I did not think I would choose such a form fitting gown and before I did- I expressed reluctance and the consultant put a veil on me right away. The veil completed the look for me. I will be wearing a cathedral length veil. Not common for destination weddings lol I know! But we are getting married in a church so I think it will work fine. I will take it off for the reception. After a few pics of course! haha. I looooove veils. I always have.