NJBride2014
  • 441 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
  • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by to-be-mrs-k 

I just ordered my cathedral length veil from etsy.com today. I tried one on at the bridal store that was $270. I wasn't willing to pay that but found some great deals on etsy. There are veils for very reasonable prices on the website. Can't wait to receive mine. I will let you know how it turns out!

I'll have to take a look on etsy for veils.  I love etsy but never though to look for veils on there. Thanks for the tip!

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#142 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

I just ordered my cathedral length veil from etsy.com today. I tried one on at the bridal store that was $270. I wasn't willing to pay that but found some great deals on etsy. There are veils for very reasonable prices on the website. Can't wait to receive mine. I will let you know how it turns out!

What etsy dealer?? Love to see pics!

#143 LKocelko

LKocelko
    • 350 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

I used the following seller - https://www.etsy.com...tion_id=6491885

Here are a few of mine. It did fly off right when I got to my FI, but it made for cool pictures after.

0600.jpg

#144 to-be-mrs-k

to-be-mrs-k
      • 18 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

@ Wedding2014

I haven't received my veil yet but I also used abusymother to order my veil. I did a custom listing with her, just told her what I wanted and she did it with no problem. We will see what it looks like when it arrives.

#145 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
        • 243 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

I used the following seller - https://www.etsy.com...tion_id=6491885 Here are a few of mine. It did fly off right when I got to my FI, but it made for cool pictures after. 0600.jpg

wow very beautiful !

#146 MrsK

MrsK
          • 44 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 29, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Occidental Grand Xcaret
          • LocationRed Deer, Alberta

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

I had no interest in wearing a veil, but my mom wanted me to at least try one on... I did and all of a sudden felt like a bride. It really completed the whole look. I'll only wear it for the ceremony and pictures, but I do think it was worth it. Also, the lady at the bridal salon I went to suggested cleaning the house in it after the wedding, and that it would go great with a nice pair of jeans ;) lol

#147 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
          • 413 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
          • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
          • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

I too am debating to wear a veil or not. I want to, adn then I dont. And then I do! Ugh.. so many decisions lol

#148 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
          • 243 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Wear the veil for the ceremony! That way you won't regret not wearing one. It's ones preference but something about that veil makes me feel complete!! But whatever decision you girls make will be the right one!!!!

#149 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
            • 593 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Wedding2014 

Wear the veil for the ceremony! That way you won't regret not wearing one. It's ones preference but something about that veil makes me feel complete!! But whatever decision you girls make will be the right one!!!!

I agree. I almost didn't buy my dress because while it was gorgeous and sexy, I didn't feel bridal...until they added a veil. 

Quote:
              Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 

I too am debating to wear a veil or not. I want to, adn then I dont. And then I do! Ugh.. so many decisions lol

Do it! You can always take it off for the reception. The wedding ceremony itself is short. Mine was in a Catholic church and was 30 minutes, but I know most resorts have 15 minute weddings if you get married on site. It makes for awesome pictures and looks so breath taking and you can always get rid of it after!. Do it!

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#150 MOrdonez

MOrdonez
              • 180 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

I LOVE my veil.....so glad I got it!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users