To Veil or not to Veil?

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#101 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
  • 593 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by JHo2013 

But the most interesting thing from this whole process has been seeing the true colors of those around you. It's really amazing how generous and giving and loving some are, and then there are others who make it a point to make everything about them. haha

Well put- so true. I was surprised also with the people who were the most generous. I expected my family to be the most supportive and its been some of our friends or my co-workers. Crazy!

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#102 soontobeawalsh

soontobeawalsh
    • 197 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 9, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by JHo2013 

That cathedral length veil sounds beautiful! I really wanted one, but it didn't suit the dress - I ended up getting a 2 tiered raw edge walking length veil. It's very simple but I think it works. I was also considering a bird cage for pictures after but don't know if I wanted a head dress that distracting for all the pictures. I bought a hair flower with feathers and rhinestones but I don't think I'll use it after all, or maybe only where it for a little bit. Who knew hair pieces can be this confusing too!!

I agree that hair pieces/veils are very confusing.  I am still trying to decide on what to do..I know I don't want a traditional veil, but I am undecided between a birdcage or fasinator or flower, or a combination of two.  I will probably wait until my dress comes in and then try on different things at the bridal store just so I can see what I like and don't like with my dress.  

#103 pzl101

pzl101
    • 281 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by soontobeawalsh 

I agree that hair pieces/veils are very confusing.  I am still trying to decide on what to do..I know I don't want a traditional veil, but I am undecided between a birdcage or fasinator or flower, or a combination of two.  I will probably wait until my dress comes in and then try on different things at the bridal store just so I can see what I like and don't like with my dress.  

good idea to try different kinds with your dress so you can see what goes with it.

i probably will not wear a veil but maybe tuck in a flower. good luck!

#104 dj3985

dj3985
      • 24 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

I'm having the same dilemma, i have short hair too.....hummmmmmmmm

try some on with ur dress, and go from there. thats what i plan to do.

#105 dj3985

dj3985
        • 24 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:46 AM

I decided to go with a bird cage veil

#106 LKocelko

LKocelko
          • 350 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:00 AM

I went with one - it flew off the second I got to the end of the aisle! But I'm glad I have it, because we got cool pictures with it after. Plus it was only like $30 on Etsy.

#107 to-be-mrs-k

to-be-mrs-k
            • 18 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

@LKocelko      

I love this picture!!!! This is one of the many reasons I want to wear a veil.... a beautiful picture by the ocean with my veil in the wind. You did it right!

#108 Recy

Recy
              • 165 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

Yes I am also unsure about a veil. I definitely dont want it to be flying all over the place! I'll have to leep thw weights in mind If I decide yes. Has anyone else used weights? If so, what did you use?

"Make or accept no excuses. You are where you are today (and will be tomorrow) as a result of what you did or did not do yesterday."

#109 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
                • 593 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

My veil

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#110 Recy

Recy
                  • 165 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:09 AM

Nice!!!

My veil * *

"Make or accept no excuses. You are where you are today (and will be tomorrow) as a result of what you did or did not do yesterday."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users