#91 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
  • 562 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

I didn't have a veil or headpiece at all. Sorta wish I did, at least for a couple pics!

#92 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
  • 593 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe 

Love this idea!!! Purple is my fav color and our wedding colors are purple/turquoise and I am including peacock as well ;) Love these headpiece/fascinator ideas 

Our colors are a palette of blues, but we are using peacocks. We have them on our invitations to both our wedding and AHR and we are using them in the bridesmaids hair and in our centerpieces.

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#93 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
    • 593 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

But this a thread about veils! LOL I have a cathedral length one! I absolutely love it. It has rhinestones along the edge and it frames my body and then it has rhinestones scattered throughout. I think it looks gorgeous in pictures. I also have a rhinestone headband so at the reception I will just lose the veil as others have suggested. 

I wanted a birdcage as well so when I had my courthouse legal wedding, I planned on wearing one but it looked a little funny on me so I got rid of it and just worse a simple white flower. But I found an awesome fascinator head band with a birdcage attachment and I'm wearing it to my bridal shower because we are having a grown up tea party- so I got to win all around lol. 

I say go with the veil at least for pictures. If you don't really care about the veil pick up a cheap one on Etsy, amazon, or Camille La Vie or any other dress shop. I think the combs in the hair are gorgeous as well. You cant go wrong- you are a bride and you will look beautiful no matter what.

I have never seen an ugly bride... ok maybe once... but its rare.

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#94 Miss J

Miss J
      • 182 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

Haha, funny! :) Its true though, every girl looks amazing as a bride! 

#95 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
        • 562 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
        • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

Kinda like ugly babies. You're supposed to pretend there are no ugly babies, but sometimes you see one that challenges that idea!

#96 Liann03

Liann03
        • 152 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

At least once a month he'll catch me off guard when it comes to a random wedding detail, I'm always amazed at the things he actually cares about and pays attention to. Anyway, thanks for the input ladies. I made an appt and I'm taking my dress on a field trip to try on veils.

Guys are very funny!! This is sooo cute! My fianc© and I didn't discuss veils..... I'm still undecided!

#97 Liann03

Liann03
          • 152 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

I don't have any pictures of my veil on me yet at the ceremony but I wore a fingertip length veil so as not to interrupt and take away from my ruffles on my dress, it was a shimmery material and also had swarovski crystals scattered throughout it, I was considering putting weights on it but I actually forgot about doing it. Shockingly there was NO wind on our wedding day, I had told my MOH to tuck it into my dress if the wind took it and blew it in my face but there was no problem at all! The rhinestones on the belt on my dress did keep attaching to the veil and would pull my head a bit but I got used to it and just would gently pull it off the belt.  Here are a few pics of my dress veil combination: 700 700 700

Simply gorgeous.,,, that second pic with the veil in the wind is amazing!

#98 Liann03

Liann03
            • 152 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

Kinda like ugly babies. You're supposed to pretend there are no ugly babies, but sometimes you see one that challenges that idea!

Lmao..... This really made me laugh out loud!! U girls are soo funny, love it!

#99 lorcas

lorcas
              • 297 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by alexisinjamaica 

HAHA. that is too true. I say...some babies are so ugly that they are cute.

#100 JHo2013

JHo2013
                • 109 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

Quote:

But this a thread about veils! LOL I have a cathedral length one! I absolutely love it. It has rhinestones along the edge and it frames my body and then it has rhinestones scattered throughout. I think it looks gorgeous in pictures. I also have a rhinestone headband so at the reception I will just lose the veil as others have suggested. 

I wanted a birdcage as well so when I had my courthouse legal wedding, I planned on wearing one but it looked a little funny on me so I got rid of it and just worse a simple white flower. But I found an awesome fascinator head band with a birdcage attachment and I'm wearing it to my bridal shower because we are having a grown up tea party- so I got to win all around lol. 

I say go with the veil at least for pictures. If you don't really care about the veil pick up a cheap one on Etsy, amazon, or Camille La Vie or any other dress shop. I think the combs in the hair are gorgeous as well. You cant go wrong- you are a bride and you will look beautiful no matter what.

That cathedral length veil sounds beautiful! I really wanted one, but it didn't suit the dress - I ended up getting a 2 tiered raw edge walking length veil. It's very simple but I think it works. I was also considering a bird cage for pictures after but don't know if I wanted a head dress that distracting for all the pictures. I bought a hair flower with feathers and rhinestones but I don't think I'll use it after all, or maybe only where it for a little bit. Who knew hair pieces can be this confusing too!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users