Photo

My DIY Boarding Pass STD's are Finally Done =) Template Included!

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

Hi Ladies! First and foremost, I would like to thank all of you fabulous brides & brides-to-be. Without your inspiration and advice, I would never have even attempted to do this myself! Although it took way longer than I anticipated, it was totally worth it! I gave them to our parents for an initial reaction, and they thought we had them professionally done!

I hope this thread helps and inspires you all =)

Breakdown of supplies & costs:

photo.jpg

Round corner punch & square hole punch

p.jpg

i.jpg

Here is another view, as the colors vary in different lighting [due to the shimmer paper] 

The color really pops nicely in person, you can get a better idea of it by this one below:

photo 4.jpg

As for the envelopes, I was able to print directly onto them! Just do a test first to be sure they will go through your printer without jamming or smearing!

I used Powerpoint to create these because it allowed me to recolor to my liking and edit each image. I'm not sure if it was the printer or the paper, but the original colors I used came out totally different when they printed [came out all red]! It took a bit of modifying, but it worked out just fine.

http://www.ayleebits...temp-pass01.jpg

I downloaded the FREE template from Aylee Bits!  I actually deleted all of the information that was already included, so I also created a blank template for those of you who want to make one from scratch as I have.

I am thrilled with the final product, and hope you all like them as much as I do!!

Attached Files

#2 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
    • 955 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by JennyBenz 

Hi Ladies! First and foremost, I would like to thank all of you fabulous brides & brides-to-be. Without your inspiration and advice, I would never have even attempted to do this myself! Although it took way longer than I anticipated, it was totally worth it! I gave them to our parents for an initial reaction, and they thought we had them professionally done!

photo.jpg

p.jpg

i.jpg

Here is another view, as the colors vary in different lighting [due to the shimmer paper] 

The color really pops nicely in person, you can get a better idea of it by this one below:

photo 4.jpg

As for the envelopes, I was able to print directly onto them! Just do a test first to be sure they will go through your printer without jamming or smearing!

I used Powerpoint to create these because it allowed me to recolor to my liking and edit each image. I'm not sure if it was the printer or the paper, but the original colors I used came out totally different when they printed [came out all red]! It took a bit of modifying, but it worked out just fine.

http://www.ayleebits...temp-pass01.jpg

I downloaded the FREE template from Aylee Bits!  I actually deleted all of the information that was already included, so I also created a blank template for those of you who want to make one from scratch as I have.

I am thrilled with the final product, and hope you all like them as much as I do!!

Congrats on a job well done, they look great. One Milestone down, and many more to go

Attached Files

#3 NeeNeeLeake

NeeNeeLeake
      • 45 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:16 AM

These Look AMAZIINGG!!!. You have definitely inspred me to go ahead and get started on mine! 

I know you mentioned you didn't realize how much time it would take....how long did it take you?

#4 mzthan6

mzthan6
        • 176 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

Yay!! These came out real nice!! I love it!

Originally Posted by JennyBenz 

photo.jpg

p.jpg

i.jpg

photo 4.jpg

http://www.ayleebits.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/temp-pass01.jpg

Attached Files

#5 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
          • 338 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

Hi!! Thanks so much =) Well, maybe it felt longer than it actually was- because I would work on them a little bit every night when I got home from work. The cutting is what really took the longeest to complete! For everything, from cutting to addressing envelopes, I would say it took about 10-12 hours. Exhausting, but worth it =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeeNeeLeake 

These Look AMAZIINGG!!!. You have definitely inspred me to go ahead and get started on mine! 

I know you mentioned you didn't realize how much time it would take....how long did it take you?

#6 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
            • 338 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

Thanks so much ladies!!!

#7 brgephar

brgephar
              • 166 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

Very nice. I can see why your parents thought they were done professionally! I can't wait to see more DIYs from you ;)

#8 Kel123073

Kel123073
                • Site Supporter
                • 189 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

Congrats!!! They came out gorgeous!!!  I can totally relate, we did ours a couple of weeks ago and my FI started referring to our house as the invitation sweat shop...lol

They were worth it though!  Can't wait to see what else you guys do!

#9 ELAINENYC

ELAINENYC
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 156 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 10, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori, Riveria Maya, Mexico
                  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

OMG - they look absolutely amazing!!! And thank you so much for posting it. It is definitely an inspiration to others!!! luv it, luv it, luv it!! And of course congratulations!!!  

#10 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
                  • 338 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH LADIES!! It makes me realize they really are as amazing as I thought they were =) When you look at something for so long, you start to question everything!

LOL Thanks to my FI who helped me to stay grounded- I was going to go all out with other ideas and ticket holders and jackets- WAY too much, I really love the way they came out- simple & elegant!

I couldn't have done it without this forum!

I'll be sure to post my next DIY adventure I go on haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users