• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kel123073

Kel123073
  • Site Supporter
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

My fiance and I are at odds regarding this....lol

The shipping is going to be pretty pricey on glass bottles and I found a website that has plastic!  I said to him that I think it gets that cute idea across without breaking the bank since he is dead set on these invitations.

I was wondering if anybody has done the plastic and had any feedback on them.  We have to send about 80.

#2 Kel123073

Kel123073
    • Site Supporter
    • 189 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

also there are two bottle sizes... 7" or 8" what size did you use if you made these?

thanks again

#3 FIFAbride

FIFAbride
      • 97 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

We are using glass, but we don't have to mail because we are using them as favors.  You might search this section because I have seen several threads that discussed MIB's.

#4 Kel123073

Kel123073
        • Site Supporter
        • 189 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

Thanks I will definitely search this!  We actually ordered a sample from sand art supplies that comes with both to compare!

#5 FIFAbride

FIFAbride
          • 97 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

I got almost everything from sand art supplies.  The only think I am using that I did not get from them is parchment paper, ribbon, sand dollars, and little flip flops.

#6 stephnmatt

stephnmatt
            • 19 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

I'm looking into the same thing.  I have to ship most of mine (about 40).  Does anyone have any feedback regarding the quality of the plastic vs. glass?

#7 Kel123073

Kel123073
              • Site Supporter
              • 189 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

I just received the sample set I ordered from sand art supplies. It came with one plastic and one glass bottle. The plastic bottle is a little bit smaller than the glass but looks fine. Of course my FI wants to go with the glass... I went to the post office and got pricing on mailing them. The glass was approx. $2.63 and the plastic was $1.95

#8 FIFAbride

FIFAbride
                • 97 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

Did you add everything to the bottle to get the price of postage?  I know weight can make a difference in price.

#9 Kel123073

Kel123073
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 189 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

We added the sand, sea shells, and glass bottle.... the only additional stuff will be the invite inside bottle, pull tag, and passport book... so it was a pretty fair estimate :)

#10 stephnmatt

stephnmatt
                    • 19 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

I ordered both glass & plastic to see, and I agree, both look excellent.  I actually like the plastic better!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users