Sign in to follow this  
TammyWright

Chicken in Mole sauce?

does anyone have a good recipe for this...steve was playing a show and they feed us before and the bar servedthis to us and it was ssoooooo good...i tried to find the recipe online but couldnot find one that was good.

MMMMMM, yummy! I love chicken in mole sauce. I've made it before using something like this Click the image to open in full size.

I remember a family friend making it from scratch one time...it was pretty labor intensive, but sooo good. It has chiles, cocoa, and of all things peanut butter in it as I recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
I've never used these recipes, but this site usually has good ones, and they have very helpful reviews. Here are the results when I searched on "mole" and "chicken" - if you make it, let me know how it turns out!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fi...h=mole+chicken
i love epicurious but i made one mole sauce from there and it was horrible...could not be saved....

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10CALGAL View Post
MMMMMM, yummy! I love chicken in mole sauce. I've made it before using something like this Click the image to open in full size.

I remember a family friend making it from scratch one time...it was pretty labor intensive, but sooo good. It has chiles, cocoa, and of all things peanut butter in it as I recall.
where'd you get that? this guy who was the bar back made it from scratch with some beans and rice and he made strawberry aqua fresca for us and we were in heaven.

My FI makes Mole from scratch - it takes all day!

There is a mole starter sauce at William Sonoma - try that. I believe that they have a full recipe on the bottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATASHA View Post
My FI makes Mole from scratch - it takes all day!

There is a mole starter sauce at William Sonoma - try that. I believe that they have a full recipe on the bottle.
ooh...that is a good one...i have like $1000 in gift certs from WS from the wedding...

can you ask your FI for his mole recipe?...i can do all day...i like to cook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by host View Post
where'd you get that? this guy who was the bar back made it from scratch with some beans and rice and he made strawberry aqua fresca for us and we were in heaven.
In the Mexican food aisle at the grocery store. Or, maybe it's the ethnic food aisle or something PC like that smile120.gif

If you can buy a bottle of Mole Doña Maria (one of the best) in the Mexican section of the grocery, you just add chicken broth on the pan until it gets the consistency you want, needs to be like a sauce not too watery.

Then you pour it over your chicken or you can add sliced chicken breast, and as you mention, the best way to eat mole is with rice and beans and obviously warm tortillas!!! mmmmmmm

- Edna

PS I will ask my aunt to give me the family recipe... and I will share it as soon as I have it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mora View Post
If you can buy a bottle of Mole Doña Maria (one of the best) in the Mexican section of the grocery, you just add chicken broth on the pan until it gets the consistency you want, needs to be like a sauce not too watery.

Then you pour it over your chicken or you can add sliced chicken breast, and as you mention, the best way to eat mole is with rice and beans and obviously warm tortillas!!! mmmmmmm

- Edna

PS I will ask my aunt to give me the family recipe... and I will share it as soon as I have it...
Ay Edna, Me haces reir... you are digging up all these food-y posts - AND I actually did have leftover chicken mole for dinner tonight from what I made yesterday ... and yes, Dona Maria of course...

Don't forget to add some queso fresco!

Pau