Originally Posted by TarynM View Post

Asposeep,

I am getting married the day after you at Azul Beach! So exciting!! :)

Fun!! I'm sure we'll run into eachother while we are there!

Are you having a big wedding? It seems like everyone we are inviting says they are coming which is a little stressful...

Good luck wedding planning!! 

I am thinking 40-60 people. We reserved 30 rooms so we'll see! How many people do you think you'll have?

Are you planning three nights of events?

Also, the day you get married, most of my wedding guests and I will be out on a catamaran from like 1-7PM so you won't have to worry about us :)

Originally Posted by TarynM View Post

I am thinking 40-60 people. We reserved 30 rooms so we'll see! How many people do you think you'll have?

Are you planning three nights of events?

Also, the day you get married, most of my wedding guests and I will be out on a catamaran from like 1-7PM so you won't have to worry about us :)

Ha..def not worried about you guys! If you want to go to a party after our outing just stop by...the more the merrier! :)

We reserved 30 rooms also...I really want to have our reception on the terrace so I'm hoping not more than 70 people but we'll see...right now everyone says they are coming...but I'm guessing that won't really be the case...

We are planning events all 3 nights (welcome cocktails, rehearsal dinner, and wedding) but since everyone is paying for their food and drinks anyway I'm not sure how we're going to handle...what are you doing?

Did you arrange the catamaran through Lomas? That sounds so fun!!

Does anyone know anything about the hair & makeup at Azul Beach? Are there any reccommendations?

I'm thinking I will get my hair and makeup done at the resort but I'm not sure you can have a trial there and am really nervous about that...I think I'm willing to have pay someone to come ahead of time so I can make sure everything is perfect on the day of the wedding.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I do. I was quoted $94 for hair and $94 for makeup per person. That is the cost for them to do it at the spa the day of the wedding. They charge (I believe) a 20% additional fee if you want them to come to your room to do it. I did not ask about trials. Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by asposeep View Post

Does anyone know anything about the hair & makeup at Azul Beach? Are there any reccommendations?

I'm thinking I will get my hair and makeup done at the resort but I'm not sure you can have a trial there and am really nervous about that...I think I'm willing to have pay someone to come ahead of time so I can make sure everything is perfect on the day of the wedding.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Originally Posted by Misadelf View Post

I do. I was quoted $94 for hair and $94 for makeup per person. That is the cost for them to do it at the spa the day of the wedding. They charge (I believe) a 20% additional fee if you want them to come to your room to do it. I did not ask about trials. Hope that helps!

I think my hair makeup was about the same price (maybe a little less, when I was there a few months ago). I also did the trial run the day before, just to make sure I was going to be happy with the results, and I'm glad I did. I'm pretty sure the cost of each was exactly half of the cost that it was for the actual day (so in your case it would probably be around $47ish for each). I ended up using them for my hair, but did my own makeup after being REALLY unimpressed by my makeup trial. No way (in my opinion) was the job worth almost $100! There was nothing special about the products, and there was really nothing impressive about the application. The makeup artist was one of my ONLY complaints about the entire experience. Just wasn't impressed! They did not penalize/charge me for canceling the makeup artist the day before the wedding. Also, they did not charge extra to come to my room the day of the wedding. I did the trial at the spa. 

Originally Posted by Misadelf View Post

That is super helpful...thank you!! Has anyone gotten their hair done and have any reviews?

Hey Ladies! New to this site too. We are planning our wedding for November 2013! I just started to dig into everything and I don't mean to sound dumb but I have a few questions.. 

I recently got into contact with two travel agents and they will be looking at pricing. When do you actually work with people at the resort to pick out details? Should I be calling someone there or is that the agent's job? I'm getting kind of anxious because I want to get the ball rolling and start picking out details. Any advice on how the steps should go would be greatly appreciated!

popcorn.gif