Sanctuary Cap Cana Brides

Hi! finally some other Sanctuary brides!! :D I've been coordinating with Alexandra for the wedding planning and with Kary for the group reservations. They are really nice, I went to the resort in April, if you would like to know something specific shoot away! :) I plan to make my wedding in the Ocean Club, and we chose the Eternal Bliss Package, but i'm still thinking about details, colors, etc... what about you? 

Hi!  I am interested in having my destination wedding at Sanctuary Cap Cana and had some questions if you wouldn't mind responding :)  I was also interested in the Eternal Bliss Package, is the $6,700 a flat fee for 50 guests and under?  Also, if I was planning on having more than 50 do you know how much that would be?  I have never visited the resort yet but wanted to travel there this winter to check it out, any input as to how you liked it is greatly appreciated.  One other quick question, are they giving you a reduced rate on rooms for guests?  Thanks so much and congratulations!

Hi!  I am interested in having my destination wedding at Sanctuary Cap Cana and was wondering if I could ask you some questions about your experience so far :)  I was also looking into the Eternal Bliss Package, is the fee $6,700 for 50 guests and under like the website mentions?  Also, are they giving you a reduced rate for rooms for guests?  I plan on going out in the winter to visit to check the resort out for myself, but figured I'd find out what other brides were saying about it beforehand.  Thanks!

Hi! The Eternal Bliss Package is for 50 people, it's a flat rate. If you have more guests than 50 then you pay extra per person for the dinner (price depends on the dinner, it goes from $35pp to $50pp), for the open bar ($18pp) and for the chairs in the ceremony. I'm not sure if you also have to pay for extra chairs in the reception because i'm planning to get tiffany chairs and they cost extra anyway, so i have to pay for each of them anyway (so, the chairs that are included are the foldable type and not the tiffany ones). Another thing to consider is that the package includes only the beach location, if you want the ceremony or reception somewhere else in the hotel then it costs you more for the arrangement of the place (if it's for example by the pool) or more for the getting a private location (if it's for example in one of the places that are in the wedding packages guide, like the Ocean Club or the Blue Marlin restaurant) 

Also, they are giving my a reduce rate for rooms for guests, i negotiated with them and they did because i'm expecting from 60 to 80 guests.

I went on a visit in April, it was really really nice! I coordinated with Kary (Sales Manager, for the room rates) and Alexandra (wedding coordinator). Their emails are avaldez@grandresortsatcapcana.com kgomez@grandresortsatcapcana.com. I visited more hotels and this one was the best, it is really peaceful and nice. 

By the way be aware that the prices are without tax (16%)!! 

I have had the worst time getting responses from this resort. I have spoken to the people at the head office in DC multiple times and I am still waiting on paperwork. This appears to be the nicest resort in DR and I want to hang in there, but six weeks (2 to 4 calls and/or e-mails a week) and I still don't have a contract. I have been in touch with Marisol, Brice, and even the head of reservations and revenue for the Salemander resorts. I have been assured that Alexandra is the best, yet I still have not heard from her. Is anyone else having these issues? If there was anywhere else as nice, I would take my business elsewhere. Very unprofessional and I'm starting to take it personally. Help!!!

I also have problems like that, they take sometimes too much time in replying! At the beginning I would just wait and wait for 2 or 3 weeks for a reply, then I started to send them reminder emails (I talk with Alexandra about the wedding and with Kary about the contract and guest fees) and then I started to call and call. I always find Kary on the phone, she is very nice, and when we speak on the phone I get my answers for her delay and then the communication is easier (I can send you her phone number via email, write to me to carolinamcpe@gmail.com). And with Alexandra, after two occasions where she was not replying for 2/3 weeks, I asked her how can we do this better!? and she suggested a telecom every last wednesday of the month at a fixed time and in the meantime we can discuss over the email. It's going better now, I know that every telecom I can just ask her tons of questions and just manage the delay in replying emails better.

On another note, are your guests already complaining about the prices of the resort? I'm done trying to make some people stay with us, the "VIP" people are anyway so far... but it's still a pity!