Photo

What is your budget for the dress?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 LTLFAITHY

LTLFAITHY
  • 180 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

P.S. I just Googled the Claire Pettibone Dew Drop dress!! Holy amazing dress!!

LOVE IT! 

~Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun~

54 Booked + The Bride & Groom!

#42 red400

red400
    • 58 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

1000.00 is my budget for the dress

#43 jello

jello
      • 128 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by LTLFAITHY 

Question about sample sale dresses ~ Are there any brides who have purchased sample sale dresses that are very petite? I am 5'2" and about 112 lbs. so every sample I have ever tried on has been WAY too big. I would totally be up for purchasing a dress this way, but I just can't imagine how they would make any dress look right. I know they can work wonders with those clamps, so I imagine they can do even more removing fabric, sewing things up, etc. but I'm still skeptical about whether the dress would look "right" because there are just some things I feel will still be disproportionately too big. Thoughts?? 

I am 5'5" and 115 lbs (normally street size 0 or 2), and I bought my Watters sample dress in a size 8.  I LOVE my dress and it would've been around $1000 new, which was the top of my budget, but the sample was only $300 so how could I resist?!  It's at the tailors right now.  The tailoring bill will be around $300, so total $600 which is still a good bargain. 

Some dresses are easier to alter than others.  My dress is plain silk, which is the easiest.  Anything with a lace overlay is difficult to do, because they need to match up the lace pattern exactly after it's been cut and re-sewn.  Similarly, if there's complicated pleating or appliqu© flowers, that makes it more difficult to alter. 

#44 ReginaB

ReginaB
        • Banned
        • 16 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

My goal is to keep the dress and all alterations around $1500. Would go as high as $2000, but hope we don't have to. Do you have any ideas of the dress you're looking for?

---

R. Bland

http://www.trailways...s/excursions-oh

#45 taylorK

taylorK
          • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

I set aside $1500 for my wedding dress but ended up spending nearer 2000 because of all the alterations...also i didn't count accessories in that budget so veil etc was a lot more :) 

You only get married once! 

Tay x

#46 red400

red400
            • 58 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

Around 1000.00

#47 wallabymeisje

wallabymeisje
              • 152 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:47 AM

i around 1000 too I wanted to spend 500 but my brother stepped and upped my budget when i found my dream dress

#48 LTLFAITHY

LTLFAITHY
                • 180 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by wallabymeisje 

i around 1000 too I wanted to spend 500 but my brother stepped and upped my budget when i found my dream dress

Oh, what a sweet brother you have!! 

~Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun~

54 Booked + The Bride & Groom!

#49 Cherina

Cherina
                  • Banned
                  • 636 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

My budget was $3500, my dream dress was $1800 I negotiated it to $1500

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#50 meghunterbell

meghunterbell
                    • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

Hi there!  I sent you a PM regarding your dress.  Hope you received it!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users