What is your budget for the dress?

Hello ladies

What is the most you will spend on a dress for your destination wedding?  If you have already bought it, what was your budget?

I want to spend a little but still get a nice dress.  By little i mean under $1000. 

sorry if there is a thread about this already, if so please let me know.

• Like 1

Originally I had a small budget too of $200, my plan was to buy a knock-off from China.  My reasoning was I don't want to spend all that money on a dress I am going to wear once. But then,  I went dress shopping with my mom and godmother just to try on to get an idea of what I wanted.  When I saw their reaction to THE dress.  I did not want to take the risk of replicating the gown so we brought it!  You only get married once you should buy something that makes you feel beautiful without going out of control my dress was $720, this includes alterations. 

If you want to stick to your small budget shop alone. 

Good Luck! 

My budget was also $2,000 but went against advice and looked at gowns up to $3,500 with intensions of shopping around for a sample if necessary.  A bit of a gamble, but it worked out in the end. My dress retailed for $3,200 and I purchased a very pristine sample for $1,850. I did call 16 bridal boutiques to hunt down a sample that would be discounted enough to meet my budget. Of the 16 boutiques that carried the line only 5 had the specific dress, 2 of them refused to sell because the sample was less than a year old, but luckily one of the remaining 3 sold me my dream dress for more than 40% off!  However, my dress doesn't seem to be very popular and was only tried on by a handful of brides in a 9 months time period. So I think the boutique didn't see it as a loss, because there was low interest in the style.

Under $1000 you'll have plenty of options! I'm trying to make my limit under $400 or $500. I refuse to spend too much more than that when I can spend it something else!

I have found a dress that i am in love with, Neiman Marcus has it for $1295, but i am waiting to hear from a local store that carries it.

I dont know if i want to spend up to $1500 canadian on a dress when it is going to be a very small wedding and i will only wear it for a few hours.....

I think the deciding factor will be if it makes me cry when i try it on and the reaction from my family when i try it on.

btw, it's theia white 881018. 

Originally Posted by Chyna2012 View Post

I have found a dress that i am in love with, Neiman Marcus has it for $1295, but i am waiting to hear from a local store that carries it.

I dont know if i want to spend up to $1500 canadian on a dress when it is going to be a very small wedding and i will only wear it for a few hours.....

I think the deciding factor will be if it makes me cry when i try it on and the reaction from my family when i try it on.

btw, it's theia white 881018. 

It's so fun and sparkly, good luck, I hope you get the "it's the one" feeling, tears and all!