Newbie: Playacar Palace March 2013

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#1 Chyna2012

Chyna2012
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:01 AM

Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum and want to thank everyone for their posts, they have been so helpful!

We are planning to get have a symbolic ceremony in March 2013 at Playacar Palace, and we will get legally married quietly at home beforehand.  I hope this doesn't take away from the ceremony in mexico.  It's just so much easier to do the legal stuff here and not need the waiting period and bloodwork and translations.

I look forward to spending time on this forum.

#2 Arch713

Arch713
    • 161 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

Welcome! I am another newbie who has been on about a week and I have already learned so much! 

Good luck with your wedding planning! I've heard wonderful things about Playacar Palace!

#3 Lenore Fisher

Lenore Fisher
      • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

I am also getting married here in March 2013.  When is your ceremony?

#4 Lindsey Marie

Lindsey Marie
        • 17 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

I too am getting married at Playacar! February of 2013 and doing the symbolic ceremony to avoid the hassle! Just not sure if its best to do it before or after Mexico!

#5 bluelenscaribe

bluelenscaribe
          • Vendor
          • 194 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

Hi Playacar Palace Brides!

The Playacar Palace resort located in Playa del Carmen is one of the best resort for your wedding.

To give you an idea here are some pictures of one of the last wedding we did there.

More pictures on our blog http://bluelenscarib...palace-wedding/

#6 kalialyssa

kalialyssa
            • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

Hi everyone!!

I'm new to this, and think this site is wonderful with all the helpful tips and advice.It sure has helped me narrow down which resorts I am considering.  My only problem is that I can't decide between which Palace resort I want my wedding to take place! I fell in love with Playacar Palace, but there really isn't a lot of threads out there about it. My other consideration was Moon Palace, but my problem with that resort is that it seems too big for my taste. And does anyone know if it's too soon to confirm a date for 2014?   ANY info/advice/help is greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks :-)

#7 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
              • Vendor
              • 1,243 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by kalialyssa 

Hi everyone!!

I'm new to this, and think this site is wonderful with all the helpful tips and advice.It sure has helped me narrow down which resorts I am considering.  My only problem is that I can't decide between which Palace resort I want my wedding to take place! I fell in love with Playacar Palace, but there really isn't a lot of threads out there about it. My other consideration was Moon Palace, but my problem with that resort is that it seems too big for my taste. And does anyone know if it's too soon to confirm a date for 2014?   ANY info/advice/help is greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks :-)

Hola Kalialyssa,

We LOVE the Playacar Palace for its superb service, location and surroundings (Mayan ruins nearby)!! Of course the Moon Palace is a great resort as well, but if you are looking for a modern and intimate wedding...Playacar is the way to go!!!

Check out our most recent Playacar Palace wedding

Most hotels and vendors start taking reservations 12 months in advance, so if you are considering 2014 you might be a bit too early.

Happy Planning!!

#8 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
                • 3,074 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

Hola Chyna2012 - sounds like you're off to a great start on your planning process. The Playacar Palace is located right down the street from us, and a wonderful choice of wedding venues - well done! 

We have some helpful suggestions for wedding planning on our website - for your convenience. 

All the best with your whole planning process, and Congrats! on your upcoming wedding :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                      100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#9 Travelbugg

Travelbugg
                  • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

Hi there,

Anyone on here aware of there is any 'green space' at the resort?  It looks like a beautiful spot, and i love the idea of a private wedding on the terrace.  However, i'd like options to have photos done around greenery and foliage as well as the beach.  Thanks 

#10 mandjphoto

mandjphoto
                    • 89 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

We did the legal ceremony in Colorado and the "real" ceremony in Mexico a month after we moved here. We have a post about our experience, the legalities and the reasons for doing some things in the U.S. or Canada and some in Mexico.

Good luck with your planning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users