Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MissBubbles205

Punta Cana Brides Doing Symbolic Ceremony?...

Recommended Posts

Morning Ladies,

 

We're working with Jamie Dimitry for our photography and last night I mentioned to him our parents concerns of us having a symbolic ceremony vs. a civil one. Since we are pretty set on symbolic to make things less stressful for us, he mentioned we should hire Pastor Rick York to perform the ceremony. Is anyone else planning to go with this route?  

 

I hear if you go the symbolic route the wedding coordinator performs the ceremony, and it is a very cheapened experience and people realize it's not the real deal..

 

Here is what he sounds like, if anyone is interested.

http://soundcloud.com/kellpascal/rick-spanish/s-MEIIn

 

Thoughts and comments are much appreicated.  :o)

Also, does anyone know what he looks like?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if this is of any help to you - but we are planning on doing a symbolic ceremony too.  My step-mom is actually going to be marrying us.  It seemed a lot easier and cheaper to go that route and have the paperwork filed here in the US.  Plus I read some stories about the difficulties with getting the marriage certificate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Bubblezmcghee View Post

 

I'm not sure if this is of any help to you - but we are planning on doing a symbolic ceremony too.  My step-mom is actually going to be marrying us.  It seemed a lot easier and cheaper to go that route and have the paperwork filed here in the US.  Plus I read some stories about the difficulties with getting the marriage certificate.

 hmm.. I wish we had someone in our family to marry us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just talked to someone who got married at the Majestic Colonial a few weeks ago in a symbolic ceremony and she said you wouldnt be able to tell the difference .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gail (my step mom) got ordained online, and will be performing a wedding this summer for friends of the family, and then ours next March.   My future sister in law actually had a friend of theirs become ordained to marry them a year and a half ago, and it was awesome!  It's a really nice touch having someone that knows you both and cares about you both to personalize it.  

 

Ms Bubbles,  I notice you are going to be at ME the same time we are!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely doing symbolic ceremony!  I have a friend who got married In DR a few years ago and she said it was way too complicated to do a legal ceremony!  Her now husband was divorced as well as my FI and apparently that makes it even than much more challenging.  Apparently you have to have everything translated into spanish including divorce documents.  We are going to get married right before we leave!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question about getting a friend/family member ordained... if they marry us, can they submit paperwork back home to reflect our actual wedding date? Would we still have to go to civil hall before or after the wedding? If so, would our official anniversary be different than our ceremony date??? Sorry.. kind stressed and confused about this all! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Bubblezmcghee View Post

 

Gail (my step mom) got ordained online, and will be performing a wedding this summer for friends of the family, and then ours next March.   My future sister in law actually had a friend of theirs become ordained to marry them a year and a half ago, and it was awesome!  It's a really nice touch having someone that knows you both and cares about you both to personalize it.  

 

Ms Bubbles,  I notice you are going to be at ME the same time we are!! 

 Aww.. I got excited for a min, but then noticed you are going in March... We're going in May..  Are you having a full reception at ME? or just doing one of the free dinners?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

 

Morning Ladies,

 

We're working with Jamie Dimitry for our photography and last night I mentioned to him our parents concerns of us having a symbolic ceremony vs. a civil one. Since we are pretty set on symbolic to make things less stressful for us, he mentioned we should hire Pastor Rick York to perform the ceremony. Is anyone else planning to go with this route?  

 

I hear if you go the symbolic route the wedding coordinator performs the ceremony, and it is a very cheapened experience and people realize it's not the real deal..

 

Here is what he sounds like, if anyone is interested.

http://soundcloud.com/kellpascal/rick-spanish/s-MEIIn

 

Thoughts and comments are much appreicated.  :o)

Also, does anyone know what he looks like?

We're going the symbolic route but having our friend perform the ceremony. But we're not getting him ordained because we don't really see the point. Him being ordained wouldn't mean that we could do any of the paperwork in DR, and he has no intentions of ever marrying again. Plus, he was looking into it and I think he said he had to be a member of an association for a year before he could perform a wedding? (I'm not sure where he found this). Anyhow, we're saving the money, having him do the ceremony unordained and just popping into city hall at home to sign the paperwork. Easy peasy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×