144 replies to this topic

#111 Jeanetta H

Jeanetta H
  • 35 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 14, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Ocean coral & turquesa
  • Locationalberta

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hello Ladies!! I am from Edmonton and I am getting married May 2014 at the Ocean Turquesa! I am wondering if any of you have shopped at Gemini Bridal for a dress? I found a dress I love and they are the only store who  carried it. So I made an appointment and asked about the dress. The sales person confirmed they had it so I booked to try it on. I called a day before to make sure they still had it and she confirmed that yes they do. I went it, the manager had no idea what dress I had asked to try on and I thought that was weird since I had called twice confirming that I wanted to specifically try that dress. So I told her and she said she would have to search the store so my mom and I sat and waited for 15 min. She then told me they dont even have it in the store it is in their warehouse in Toronto!! I was really disappointed. The manager apologized over and over and told me that she would have it sent to the store and it would arrive in about a week and a half. I called back a week later and the saleperson had no idea what I was talking about. And proceeded to tell me the manager is out of the country. I am very disappointed in the lack of customer service there. They took my number and said they would call me when they figured out what was happening with the dress. I have yet to hear back. Very disappointed !!

#112 ironman

ironman
  • 320 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanetta H 

Hello Ladies!! I am from Edmonton and I am getting married May 2014 at the Ocean Turquesa! I am wondering if any of you have shopped at Gemini Bridal for a dress? I found a dress I love and they are the only store who  carried it. So I made an appointment and asked about the dress. The sales person confirmed they had it so I booked to try it on. I called a day before to make sure they still had it and she confirmed that yes they do. I went it, the manager had no idea what dress I had asked to try on and I thought that was weird since I had called twice confirming that I wanted to specifically try that dress. So I told her and she said she would have to search the store so my mom and I sat and waited for 15 min. She then told me they dont even have it in the store it is in their warehouse in Toronto!! I was really disappointed. The manager apologized over and over and told me that she would have it sent to the store and it would arrive in about a week and a half. I called back a week later and the saleperson had no idea what I was talking about. And proceeded to tell me the manager is out of the country. I am very disappointed in the lack of customer service there. They took my number and said they would call me when they figured out what was happening with the dress. I have yet to hear back. Very disappointed !!

Aww, that sucks! I've never even heard of that store before! What's the designer? Hope you have better luck soon!

#113 Jeanetta H

Jeanetta H
    • 35 posts
    • Locationalberta

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

Its in londonderry mall...and the dress is by Mori Lee :)

#114 julienelson0713

julienelson0713
    • 201 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 6, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace
    • LocationEdmonton

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

Edmonton brides! I'm selling my wedding dress. I would love to hang onto it, but I would rather someone else get the joy of wearing it instead :)

Looking to sell my wedding dress for $500 OBO that I bought at Ethos in Edmonton for $850, plus $350 in alterations. It's a very simple, but beautiful lace zip up gown that has empire waist beading, and a satin bow in the back. I am 5'1 and 105lbs, and the dress was tailored for me so I could wear 1 inch sandals. The dress was originally a size 1and was taken in a bit, but it looks like it could be let out a few inches (seamstress left some fabric inside the dress) as well. It was so comfortable and light for our summer wedding in Mexico, but it's elegant enough to wear for a fancier wedding in the winter. We got married on July 6th, 2013 and I would really like to sell the dress to make some money for grad school in the fall :) Please text/call/email 780-239-3930 or jln8@ualberta.ca for more photos or to ask questions.

#115 ironman

ironman
    • 320 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by julienelson0713 

Edmonton brides! I'm selling my wedding dress. I would love to hang onto it, but I would rather someone else get the joy of wearing it instead :)

Looking to sell my wedding dress for $500 OBO that I bought at Ethos in Edmonton for $850, plus $350 in alterations. It's a very simple, but beautiful lace zip up gown that has empire waist beading, and a satin bow in the back. I am 5'1 and 105lbs, and the dress was tailored for me so I could wear 1 inch sandals. The dress was originally a size 1and was taken in a bit, but it looks like it could be let out a few inches (seamstress left some fabric inside the dress) as well. It was so comfortable and light for our summer wedding in Mexico, but it's elegant enough to wear for a fancier wedding in the winter. We got married on July 6th, 2013 and I would really like to sell the dress to make some money for grad school in the fall :) Please text/call/email 780-239-3930 or jln8@ualberta.ca for more photos or to ask questions.

Gorgeous dress, I wish I was a size 1!!! I actually bought my dress from preownedweddingdresses.com, have you thought about listing on there?

#116 julienelson0713

julienelson0713
      • 201 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 6, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace
      • LocationEdmonton

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by ironman 

Gorgeous dress, I wish I was a size 1!!! I actually bought my dress from preownedweddingdresses.com, have you thought about listing on there?

Thanks! Keep in mind, I'm 5'1, so it's appropriate that I'm a size 1 :) I had to hem the dress SO MUCH lol! I hadn't thought of that...good idea!!

#117 Jeanetta H

Jeanetta H
      • 35 posts
      • Locationalberta

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

I got my dress over the weekend!! So excited!!!

#118 ironman

ironman
      • 320 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanetta H 

I got my dress over the weekend!! So excited!!!

Congratulations! Was it the one you originally had in mind from Gemini Bridal?

#119 Soon2BeMrsW

Soon2BeMrsW
        • 22 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

Any recommendations for a good travel agent in the Edmonton area?

#120 ironman

ironman
          • 320 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Soon2BeMrsW 

Any recommendations for a good travel agent in the Edmonton area?

We live in Edmonton but have been been using Kristy from Pose Destination Weddings (She's in BC). She's been great for us to work with over the past 6 months. http://www.posetravel.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users