Edmonton Brides 2012/2013/ 2014...

Ploman

Originally Posted by julienelson0713 View Post

Hi! I got my dress at Ethos in West Edmonton Mall for $850 :) The ladies there are awesome! We went to so many stores (sposabella in particular) in the mall where the service was terrible! I was asking for strapless lace dresses and they told me to go ahead and look (ummm there are 1000 dresses in your store, a little help please!? lol). Finally at Ethos they were able to suggest dresses that would suit my body type, and we ended up finding the perfect dress. It also just so happens that my mom bought her dress there 28 years ago!!!! :)

Love your dress!!! It looks amazing on you :)

Originally Posted by pokeyholly View Post

Love your dress!!! It looks amazing on you :)

Thanks!! I can't wait to get it altered. I'm 5'1 and 100lbs, so ALL the dresses looked ridiculous. It will be so nice once it fits :) So excited!!

Hi Ladies,

I am looking for the best bang for my buck for flowers and I need some help....

I have found a couple great florists in the Cancun area that deliver beautiful flowers and centerpieces that are both nicer and a better rate then the resort itself. 

You are able to bring the dried, cut flowers across the Canadian border, so keeping the dried flowers as a keepsake is still an option.

However, I have heard a lot about 'real touch' flowers and how many destination brides choose do go this route... has anyone done this? Plan to do it? Seen them? Have pictures? Has anyone used any Edmonton vendors?

Thanks ladies :

Originally Posted by holly86 View Post

You look great!!

I finally bought my dress at pure bridal.  I can't wait to wear it!

If anyone is looking in Edmonton Ashley at the Bridal House was amazing!!!

Just noticed you're getting married at the Bahia Principe! We stayed at the Sian Ka'an side of the resort in September! Have you gone down for a site visit at all?

Originally Posted by holly86 View Post

We actually got engaged there in January so we know what to expect.  Did you have a good experience in sept?

Yes, we did have a very good experience! We booked last minute during their low season for super cheap and the resort was fairly quiet (although some of the snack bars on the Sian Ka'an side weren't always open because it wasn't very busy). I'm sure you won't have that problem in November though. We spent pretty much all our time by the ocean, so it was a bit of a pain to shuttle over from SK, but if you're staying at Akumal you won't have that problem!

Still trying to find a dress though. I've been to Davids, Delica and Bridal Debut (south). Was going to try the Sherwood Park Bridal Debut and Bridal House next. Hopefully this week or next.

Yes, we did have a very good experience! We booked last minute during their low season for super cheap and the resort was fairly quiet (although some of the snack bars on the Sian Ka'an side weren't always open because it wasn't very busy). I'm sure you won't have that problem in November though. We spent pretty much all our time by the ocean, so it was a bit of a pain to shuttle over from SK, but if you're staying at Akumal you won't have that problem! Still trying to find a dress though. I've been to Davids, Delica and Bridal Debut (south). Was going to try the Sherwood Park Bridal Debut and Bridal House next. Hopefully this week or next.
Bridal house is awesome! Ask for Ashley when you make an appointment she is really nice and got my style ASAP. Another friend of mine bought her dress there and said the same thing. I didn't have the best experience at bridal debut in Sherwood park but I think it was because they didn't care a lot of fit and flare dresses. I also got an older lady helping me and she kept pushing the hoop on me under dresses. Pure bridal had beautiful dresses of your budget is $1500 and up go there.

Originally Posted by ironman View Post

Yes, we did have a very good experience! We booked last minute during their low season for super cheap and the resort was fairly quiet (although some of the snack bars on the Sian Ka'an side weren't always open because it wasn't very busy). I'm sure you won't have that problem in November though. We spent pretty much all our time by the ocean, so it was a bit of a pain to shuttle over from SK, but if you're staying at Akumal you won't have that problem!

Still trying to find a dress though. I've been to Davids, Delica and Bridal Debut (south). Was going to try the Sherwood Park Bridal Debut and Bridal House next. Hopefully this week or next.

Try Ethos in West Edmonton Mall. They were very helpful! And patient. I must have come back to try mine on 5 times lol! A lot of the stores in West Edmonton Mall were brutal...you were on your own with hundreds of dresses and no one would help direct me to the type that would suit my body. So frustrating! Ethos is smaller and they really take good care of you. It's also cool that I bought mine there because my mom bought hers there 27 years ago!! :)