Edmonton Brides 2012/2013/ 2014...

Ploman

I just got back!

I have some left overs that I wouldn't mind getting rid of locally:

1) Extra suitcase-- I asked for suitcases that people wouldn't mind if I threw out at the resort so I only had to pay for it to go one direction. I ended up having to bring 2 suitcases back anyways so I've got an extra that you can throw away at the resort if needed.

2) Trash the Dress Dress: I have a dress that I used to 'trash': $50. I'm 5' 4" and around a size 2 and it's tailored to that. It its pretty clean and doesn't look too used. 

3) I have a bag of starfish, shells, and diamonds for $25. I used it for table decor. 

4) I have about 90 of these koozies from Oriental Trading. They are a little flimsy but still fun. I forgot to give them out. $10 for all. 

Originally Posted by jreist View Post

I just got back!

I have some left overs that I wouldn't mind getting rid of locally:

1) Extra suitcase-- I asked for suitcases that people wouldn't mind if I threw out at the resort so I only had to pay for it to go one direction. I ended up having to bring 2 suitcases back anyways so I've got an extra that you can throw away at the resort if needed.

2) Trash the Dress Dress: I have a dress that I used to 'trash': $50. I'm 5' 4" and around a size 2 and it's tailored to that. It its pretty clean and doesn't look too used. 

3) I have a bag of starfish, shells, and diamonds for $25. I used it for table decor. 

4) I have about 90 of these koozies from Oriental Trading. They are a little flimsy but still fun. I forgot to give them out. $10 for all. 

I will take the Starfish and the koozies off of your hands!!!! That dress is gorgeous and you looked stunning!! 

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted by KristinT View Post

Hi Ladies, I am not an Edmonton Bride, but will be going to Edmonton in the coming months to start dress shopping for my 2014 wedding... can any of you recommend any good dress stores in the Edmonton area?!

I had really good experiences at Novelle Bridal and Pure Bridal. I have also heard that if your budget it under $1500 the girls a pure bridal aren't so nice. :S

I have heard good things from other people about Bridal House. 

I had really good experiences at Novelle Bridal and Pure Bridal. I have also heard that if your budget it under $1500 the girls a pure bridal aren't so nice. :S I have heard good things from other people about Bridal House. 
Hey Holly! Those were the only two places I ended up going because I found my dress at Nouvelle. I really loved it there. Pure Bridal.... Not so much lol. Did you already find your dress?

Hello fellow Edmonton ladies!!!

I'm back from an amazing wedding week and honeymoon.  I just finished posting my wedding planning journal if anyone is interested...http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/85214/tkuzmas-mayan-riviera-wedding-planning-journal-february-7-2013

Have a good weekend!

Originally Posted by pokeyholly View Post

Hey Holly! Those were the only two places I ended up going because I found my dress at Nouvelle. I really loved it there. Pure Bridal.... Not so much lol. Did you already find your dress?

I have kinda maybe found my dress.  I am going shopping one more time on March 16th when my mom is in town and I think I will make my decision that day.  I found a beautiful dress at pure bridal that I love but I am pretty indecisive so am having trouble commiting that it will be my dress.  On the 16th I am going to Novelle, Crytal's and Pure Bridal.  SOOOO excited!

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted by KristinT View Post

Hi Ladies, I am not an Edmonton Bride, but will be going to Edmonton in the coming months to start dress shopping for my 2014 wedding... can any of you recommend any good dress stores in the Edmonton area?!

Hi! I got my dress at Ethos in West Edmonton Mall for $850 :) The ladies there are awesome! We went to so many stores (sposabella in particular) in the mall where the service was terrible! I was asking for strapless lace dresses and they told me to go ahead and look (ummm there are 1000 dresses in your store, a little help please!? lol). Finally at Ethos they were able to suggest dresses that would suit my body type, and we ended up finding the perfect dress. It also just so happens that my mom bought her dress there 28 years ago!!!! :)