12 replies to this topic

#1 valh416

valh416
  • 12 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Alaska
  • LocationWI

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hi, my name is Valerie and just starting to research for an Alaskan Cruise wedding. I have searched pretty extensively throughout the sight, but haven't come across any Alaskan cruises. I am looking into Princess and Carnival. All advice is welcome!!

#2 Arch713

Arch713
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:48 AM

Hi Valerie! Welcome! I am a newbie too looking at cruise weddings.

I have been on about 8 cruises and regarding your question about which cruise line - I think you need to think about what type cruise style you like. Carnival is known for being more of a party ship with a more younger crowd where Holland and Princess tend to be a little more of an older crowd. While all different people cruise on all types of ships - that is more of a generalization. More specifically, Carnival will offer more pool type games, clubs, etc than a Holland or Princess may.

By searching Alaskan cruises in the month you are thinking - you can then look ship by ship and do your comparison from there.

Good Luck and Congratulations!

#3 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
    • 438 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

Congrats and good luck! 

#4 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

Welcome! Happy wedding planning!

#5 TA Patty

TA Patty

Insiders

• Insiders
      • 102 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Arch713 

Hi Valerie! Welcome! I am a newbie too looking at cruise weddings.

I have been on about 8 cruises and regarding your question about which cruise line - I think you need to think about what type cruise style you like. Carnival is known for being more of a party ship with a more younger crowd where Holland and Princess tend to be a little more of an older crowd. While all different people cruise on all types of ships - that is more of a generalization. More specifically, Carnival will offer more pool type games, clubs, etc than a Holland or Princess may.

By searching Alaskan cruises in the month you are thinking - you can then look ship by ship and do your comparison from there.

Good Luck and Congratulations!

Hello Valerie and Katy - Congratulations on your upcoming weddings! I am one of the BWD Forum TA's and I am happy to assist with your cruise wedding. I was in Alaska last September aboard the Golden Princess and the ship and location are spectacular. Alaska is breathtaking! Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can provide any information for you. Please feel free to contact me at patty@wrighttravelagency.com. Thanks! TA Patty

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
        AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
        Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#6 TA Patty

TA Patty

Insiders

• Insiders
        • 102 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by valh416 

Hi, my name is Valerie and just starting to research for an Alaskan Cruise wedding. I have searched pretty extensively throughout the sight, but haven't come across any Alaskan cruises. I am looking into Princess and Carnival. All advice is welcome!!

Hello Valerie and Katy - Congratulations on your upcoming weddings! I am one of the BWD Forum TA's and I am happy to assist with your cruise wedding. I was in Alaska last September aboard the Golden Princess and the ship and location are spectacular. Alaska is breathtaking! Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can provide any information for you. Please feel free to contact me at patty@wrighttravelagency.com. Thanks! TA Patty

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
          AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
          Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#7 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
          • 3,074 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

Congrats Valerie and welcome to the forum! What a great wedding idea ........all the best with your research + plans :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#8 Sexyvt123

Sexyvt123
            • 27 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

Congrats and Good Luck

#9 kykai

kykai
              • 22 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

Congratulations!

#10 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
                • 562 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
                • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Congrats! BDW posted an article on Winter Weddings a few weeks back and Alaskan cruise was one of the suggestions. Check it out! http://www.bestdesti...g-destinations  I'm sure your wedding will be beautiful-- Alaskan cruises have some stunning scenery! Good luck to you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users