Jump to content

Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda 2013 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#11 principessa

principessa
  • Jr. Member
  • 219 posts

    Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:21 AM

    My wedding is one week from today!! :)  We are doing a private reception.  Make sure you get in contact with the wedding coordinator if you aren't already and get as many details as you can regarding what is included, what is extra and how much the extras will cost.  I've been to the resort before (not Esmeralda, but Ambar) and it is really fabulous, you girls will absolutely love it!!



    #12 sosodj

    sosodj
    • Jr. Member
    • 199 posts

      Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:09 AM

      Originally Posted by principessa 

      My wedding is one week from today!! :)  We are doing a private reception.  Make sure you get in contact with the wedding coordinator if you aren't already and get as many details as you can regarding what is included, what is extra and how much the extras will cost.  I've been to the resort before (not Esmeralda, but Ambar) and it is really fabulous, you girls will absolutely love it!!

      You must be  sooooo excited, when do you actually fly there ? Good luck and can give some feed back  and recommendations  when you get back.

       

      I've got pricing for the dinner and the cocktail hour but as far as decorations and flowers etc, i was told that i would chose once i got there and they wopuld provide me with  pricing. We're you able to get pricing before hand?



      #13 principessa

      principessa
      • Jr. Member
      • 219 posts

        Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:30 AM

        Originally Posted by sosodj 

        You must be  sooooo excited, when do you actually fly there ? Good luck and can give some feed back  and recommendations  when you get back.

         

        I've got pricing for the dinner and the cocktail hour but as far as decorations and flowers etc, i was told that i would chose once i got there and they wopuld provide me with  pricing. We're you able to get pricing before hand?

         

        I'm so so so excited!  When I get back I'll definitely answer some questions if anyone has them!

         

        No we don't have any pricing on decorations or flowers or any of that!  Just the dinner, dj/sound system - that kind of stuff.  It's hard for me not knowing those details because I am totally a planner!



        #14 sosodj

        sosodj
        • Jr. Member
        • 199 posts

          Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:34 AM

          Originally Posted by principessa 

           

          I'm so so so excited!  When I get back I'll definitely answer some questions if anyone has them!

           

          No we don't have any pricing on decorations or flowers or any of that!  Just the dinner, dj/sound system - that kind of stuff.  It's hard for me not knowing those details because I am totally a planner!

          i know, i'm in the same boat - i got pricing for  the dinner, dj/sound system but not for any of the details.  i just don't want to have too many surprises when i get there and be stuck with a huge bill.

           

          What are you doing for table decorations?

           

          I am so excited, since mine isn't till next year i'm living vicariously through you :)



          #15 erin4070

          erin4070
          • Newbie
          • 16 posts

            Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

            I finally have a date set with the judge for May 15!!- just waiting on confirmation from the resort. I do have a document from a previous bride from the bahia principe with all kinds of pricing! I will try to upload it later.



            #16 sosodj

            sosodj
            • Jr. Member
            • 199 posts

              Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:24 AM

              Originally Posted by erin4070 

              I finally have a date set with the judge for May 15!!- just waiting on confirmation from the resort. I do have a document from a previous bride from the bahia principe with all kinds of pricing! I will try to upload it later.

              Congratulation! isn't it exciting to finally decide on a resort, i think it make the whole thing a little more real



              #17 sosodj

              sosodj
              • Jr. Member
              • 199 posts

                Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

                Originally Posted by principessa 

                My wedding is one week from today!! :)  We are doing a private reception.  Make sure you get in contact with the wedding coordinator if you aren't already and get as many details as you can regarding what is included, what is extra and how much the extras will cost.  I've been to the resort before (not Esmeralda, but Ambar) and it is really fabulous, you girls will absolutely love it!!

                Congratulations, you are now a Mrs. :)



                #18 cjboardingpass

                cjboardingpass
                • Newbie
                • 9 posts

                  Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

                  Hey, I just booked my wedding for May 14th. Were staying at the esmerelda. I'm so excited. We have been speaking with Minel the wedding coordinator and she is great. Very quick with emails. And gives a lot of info. Were on the fence about booking the photographer. ( not sure if we just want a family member to take pics). What do you think? 

                  And what about the DJ for the private dinner? is it worth it? 



                  #19 Sheryl2013

                  Sheryl2013
                  • Newbie
                  • 8 posts

                    Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

                    Hi, I am getting married April 2013. We are going to get the photographer because they give you pictures and they will know where to go to take good pics. My brother and his wife just got married in Mexico and they got a book with all their pictures which is an amazing keep sake. If you bring your own photographer, you still have to pay $600 but I guess thats better than $1000-1500. For my brothers wedding he just got speakers and a microphone and had his ipod hooked up. I think I'm going to do the same because I don't know if the DJ will even have the songs I want. Just a thought. 



                    #20 erin4070

                    erin4070
                    • Newbie
                    • 16 posts

                      Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:58 AM

                      Cjboardingpass your wedding is one day before mine! Mine is booked for may 15! For the private reception, I think it depends how many guests you are having. Since I'm expecting over 30 I am doing the private reception. How many guests do you expect?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users