Too many guests for the tour company problem

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 DwBride2Be

DwBride2Be
  • 190 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

Hey Jreist,

The TA probably didn't know, or wasn't experienced enough to have dealt with them before.    Sunquest MIGHT pull through, however if they don't, they will provide you an option (usually split the group into different departure cities, and different dates, and will honor pricing if you stick with them).  If it's unacceptable for you then yes, it's a matter of rebooking with whatever tour operator/price is available at the time.   This happens when Sunquest gets their confirmed space with WJ which is about 4-5 months before travel..so long ways off.

Sorry for all your stress!!   I would say if Sunquest is using WJ flights, that it's safe to keep around 30 on Sunquest, and book the other 30 with WJV and you should be fine.   Also, if people are from different cities and it's 2 from Van, 2 from Toronto etc..don't worry about them, just be careful about large groups (30+) from one city.

Good luck!

#12 Ploman

Ploman
    • 425 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

Thanks for raising this issue!!! And for you advice!

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#13 Jessica4LUXE

Jessica4LUXE
      • Vendor
      • 183 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hi Jreist,

Did you try Sunwing Weddings? For a group rate with them, you only need 10 adults!

#14 Ploman

Ploman
        • 425 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

Yea but sunwing wouldn't commit to leaving on a certain date when we got an amazing quote in from Sunquest.

Now Sunwing leaves on thursdays (dont quote me), and since we have guests booked for friday-friday I don't wanna screw with the dates. 

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users