• Please log in to reply
341 replies to this topic

#71 Shay4966

Shay4966
  • Site Supporter
  • 262 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by LolaTX 

Guess actual photos of my received goods would be best, lol! I need to start photographing every single detail.  I had this one of the mugs uploaded already though:20120612_151128[1].jpg

wow you were not joking - these came out NICE!!!

#72 AllieH

AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

wow - these did turn out really great!!! 

Guess actual photos of my received goods would be best, lol! I need to start photographing every single detail.  I had this one of the mugs uploaded already though:20120612_151128[1].jpg

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#73 sosodj

sosodj
    • 199 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

all right, i need your opinion, do i spend the money on the actual ott bags or on the mugs? what do you think that the guests would like/use more?

#74 AllieH

AllieH
      • 2,014 posts
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:48 AM

I would say the mugs would be more useful when they get back home. I know that I have tons of tote bags around the house, and we never seem to have enough travel mugs (for the morning commute). We ended up going with a "green" grocery bag style for the bag itself - something that is great for the beach, but also useful at home, and the inexpensive mugs. Both were around $1 each. 

Originally Posted by sosodj 

all right, i need your opinion, do i spend the money on the actual ott bags or on the mugs? what do you think that the guests would like/use more?

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

#75 ElleGee

ElleGee
      • 255 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 28, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach Resort
      • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

definitely the mugs!!! Most people already assume to bring a lightweight beach bag when they go to a resort . . but many dont think about a mug. These allow you to keep your drink cooler, holds usually twice as much as most cups resorts pour (so two drinks in one), and has a top to keep bugs and sand out. . . . definitely a nice perk!

- Elle Gee

(Laura)

Visit my online boutique: www.candiwithellegee.com

#76 ElleGee

ElleGee
      • 255 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 28, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach Resort
      • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:10 AM

You can buy brown paper bags at Michaels or Hobby Lobby in packs of 6 for around $3 .  .and just decorate them as your bags to hold all of your OOT items too!  Maybe have your monogram put on stickers and put on the bag. Or create a tag to hang off the bag.

- Elle Gee

(Laura)

Visit my online boutique: www.candiwithellegee.com

#77 Shay4966

Shay4966
      • Site Supporter
      • 262 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

I'd say the mugs, same reasons as the other ladies. The resorts usually give you these small cups, I think stadium cups will allow them to be able to walk around and keep their drink hot/cool. I'm doing stadium cups and mugs. That way they can use the stadium cups around the resort with straws and save the mugs to take home. Another thing is I don't see the men carrying the bags, I'm thinking of doing one bag per room with two of everything.

#78 AllieH

AllieH
        • 2,014 posts
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

This was another idea I had as well - very easy to decorate with a few stamps or labels or cut outs, some tissue and some ribbon. I just couldn't see paying $5 or $10 for a custom tote, even as adorable as they are!! 

You can buy brown paper bags at Michaels or Hobby Lobby in packs of 6 for around $3 .  .and just decorate them as your bags to hold all of your OOT items too!  Maybe have your monogram put on stickers and put on the bag. Or create a tag to hang off the bag.

#79 lashesforever

lashesforever
        • Site Supporter
        • 51 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hey Ladies, 

Thanks for all the great websites! I found this one, have not ordered from there yet as I am still looking around to find stuff local.  

Hopefully it will be useful to some of you.  Happy Shopping! 

http://ogomo.com/

#80 sosodj

sosodj
          • 199 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Shay4966 

I'd say the mugs, same reasons as the other ladies. The resorts usually give you these small cups, I think stadium cups will allow them to be able to walk around and keep their drink hot/cool. I'm doing stadium cups and mugs. That way they can use the stadium cups around the resort with straws and save the mugs to take home. Another thing is I don't see the men carrying the bags, I'm thinking of doing one bag per room with two of everything.

yes you're right i didn't really think about the men, but i can't see them carrying them around either

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users