Photo

FRUGAL BRIDES - FOUND A NEW WEBSITE

• Please log in to reply
341 replies to this topic

#251 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
  • 503 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:32 AM

Has anyone here made pre travel packets. I'm trying to find an envelope or folder that is smaller that holds only the size of a brochure??? I don't want to send a full folder out.

A10?

#252 shan0487

shan0487
    • 1,393 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
    • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

Yes that is what I used for my boarding pass invites and my pre-travel brochures! :)

Originally Posted by Jenny2014 

A10?

#253 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
    • 503 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by shan0487 

Yes that is what I used for my boarding pass invites and my pre-travel brochures! :)

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jenny2014 

A10?

Same with me :) (invites at least!) Aren't anywhere near pre-travel brochures yet!

#254 soontobeorozco

soontobeorozco
      • Site Supporter
      • 58 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

Great I will look at that size. Thanks for help!!

#255 sedwards00

sedwards00
        • 22 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by triciab 

Has anyone had any issues with bringing all of these items into Mexico? I've heard there could be issues with bringing in large amounts of items or items made in china but I have no idea?

I'm wondering if I can get a lot of these items in Cabo at Costco/Walmart, etc?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

we brought 2 suitcases from Portland, Maine to Mexico..and unfortunately for my husband, his daughter and mother (because you fill out the customs sheet on the plane 1 per family and we weren't married yet) he had the "red light" and if you get the red light you get your luggage searched.  So his family had 3 checked luggage and 2 carry-on's well 2 of the checked luggage was gifts.  The customs agent was pretty cool though and asked if he had receipts for the items he explained to them that he was getting married and didn't think about bringing receipts, he asked how much we spent on all the items and my husband told them around 300 no more the 350 (but we all know it's more than that especially if you've started buying the gifts) they continued to check the luggage and when they got to his mother's he started cracking jokes to his mom so the customs agent could hear about how he was touching her bra and underwear.  The customs agent tried not to smile quickly closed the suitcase and told my husband to bring receipts next time. 

But from what I hear they are really strict about people brining in stuff from the US only because they think that people are going to sell it. But if you legit have things with personalized labels and such that shows it is for a wedding it seemed like they were pretty cool...well at least this guy was.

We bought all our stuff online and the dollar tree believe it or not..better deals.

#256 KK2013

KK2013
          • 244 posts
          • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
          • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by sedwards00 

we brought 2 suitcases from Portland, Maine to Mexico..and unfortunately for my husband, his daughter and mother (because you fill out the customs sheet on the plane 1 per family and we weren't married yet) he had the "red light" and if you get the red light you get your luggage searched.  So his family had 3 checked luggage and 2 carry-on's well 2 of the checked luggage was gifts.  The customs agent was pretty cool though and asked if he had receipts for the items he explained to them that he was getting married and didn't think about bringing receipts, he asked how much we spent on all the items and my husband told them around 300 no more the 350 (but we all know it's more than that especially if you've started buying the gifts) they continued to check the luggage and when they got to his mother's he started cracking jokes to his mom so the customs agent could hear about how he was touching her bra and underwear.  The customs agent tried not to smile quickly closed the suitcase and told my husband to bring receipts next time. 

But from what I hear they are really strict about people brining in stuff from the US only because they think that people are going to sell it. But if you legit have things with personalized labels and such that shows it is for a wedding it seemed like they were pretty cool...well at least this guy was.

We bought all our stuff online and the dollar tree believe it or not..better deals.

I am so glad to hear this!  We are bringing SO MUCH STUFF!

#257 jenn4285

jenn4285
          • 159 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

Great thread!

#258 un4gitabl

un4gitabl
            • 110 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

Thank you Shay4966!!!

#259 jenn4285

jenn4285
            • 159 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

I am looking for bride and groom luggage tags... any recommendations ?

#260 KK2013

KK2013
              • 244 posts
              • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
              • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by jenn4285 

I am looking for bride and groom luggage tags... any recommendations ?

Look on etsy.  You can get custom ones with your new last name ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users