Jump to content
Shay4966

FRUGAL BRIDES - FOUND A NEW WEBSITE

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by jnitschke View Post

 

 

Yeah it's very nice, light weight.  It isn't scratchy or anything, pretty much what you'd expect from a typical summer weight suit, only this one is wicking. Todd really likes his, he also got the stays cool white dress shirt.  Now, obviously it hasn't been field tested yet, so I can't speak from experience.  Our wedding is May 25th, so I can tell you after he's worn it on the day of.  I don't want to risk something happening to it before hand, and I figured it's got to be better than a standard suit, and at 70% off we couldn't really argue. 

 

here's the link to the one he bought

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_372007

and then he bought this vest, it's about as close as we're going to get to a match.  The color is spot on, but the tooth is slightly different, but nothing noticeable from a distance. 

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/claiborne-mens-suit-separates-silver-gray/prod.jump?ppId=1af57f6&catId=cat100250022&deptId=dept20000014&N=1260%204294965092&topDim=Brand&topDimvalue=claiborne&dimCombo=Brand%7CItem+Type%7C&dimComboVal=claiborne%7Csuit+vest%7C&currentDim=Item+Type&currentDimVal=suit+vest#1dd555e

 

 

What a great find!  If we hadn't already found a suit that works, I totally would have dragged us over to JOS Bank. 

 

We also got quite a deal on a suit that can be found in stores (My fiance did not want to order online).  We purchased the groom and groomsmen's outfits from Macys.  The outfits can be found here:  http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/perry-ellis-crimini-textured-blazer-vest-pants?ID=737274&CategoryID=17788#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D249%26ruleId%3D66%26slotId%3D36.  My FI's suit was around $170 (jacket and pants) + tie + shirt = probably around $300 for his outfit.  Macys frequently does those 25% off weekends and then they do the addition 15% if you have a card.  We took advantage of this and so we got 40% off of the outfits.  For three groomsmen, their outfits (tie, vest and pants) came to a total of around $450. 

 

 

That's my FI in the groomsmen attire!   

LL

 

My FI in his outfit without the jacket:

LL

 

My fiance in his suit:  

LL

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jnitschke View Post

 

 

Yeah it's very nice, light weight.  It isn't scratchy or anything, pretty much what you'd expect from a typical summer weight suit, only this one is wicking. Todd really likes his, he also got the stays cool white dress shirt.  Now, obviously it hasn't been field tested yet, so I can't speak from experience.  Our wedding is May 25th, so I can tell you after he's worn it on the day of.  I don't want to risk something happening to it before hand, and I figured it's got to be better than a standard suit, and at 70% off we couldn't really argue. 

 

here's the link to the one he bought

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_372007

and then he bought this vest, it's about as close as we're going to get to a match.  The color is spot on, but the tooth is slightly different, but nothing noticeable from a distance. 

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/claiborne-mens-suit-separates-silver-gray/prod.jump?ppId=1af57f6&catId=cat100250022&deptId=dept20000014&N=1260%204294965092&topDim=Brand&topDimvalue=claiborne&dimCombo=Brand%7CItem+Type%7C&dimComboVal=claiborne%7Csuit+vest%7C&currentDim=Item+Type&currentDimVal=suit+vest#1dd555e

Great find! Thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jnitschke View Post

 

 

Yeah it's very nice, light weight.  It isn't scratchy or anything, pretty much what you'd expect from a typical summer weight suit, only this one is wicking. Todd really likes his, he also got the stays cool white dress shirt.  Now, obviously it hasn't been field tested yet, so I can't speak from experience.  Our wedding is May 25th, so I can tell you after he's worn it on the day of.  I don't want to risk something happening to it before hand, and I figured it's got to be better than a standard suit, and at 70% off we couldn't really argue. 

 

here's the link to the one he bought

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_372007

and then he bought this vest, it's about as close as we're going to get to a match.  The color is spot on, but the tooth is slightly different, but nothing noticeable from a distance. 

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/claiborne-mens-suit-separates-silver-gray/prod.jump?ppId=1af57f6&catId=cat100250022&deptId=dept20000014&N=1260%204294965092&topDim=Brand&topDimvalue=claiborne&dimCombo=Brand%7CItem+Type%7C&dimComboVal=claiborne%7Csuit+vest%7C&currentDim=Item+Type&currentDimVal=suit+vest#1dd555e

 

Thanks for letting us know. It looks great! How does it fit him? We might visit one in Washington to see how they fit and feel. We have a lot of time to find him a suit so I'm guessing a few more sales will come up before we need it. I'm thinking the groomsmen will only wear pants and a shirt, so it seems like it might be more economical to just buy those things rather than rent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by TealMarie View Post

 

 

Thanks for letting us know. It looks great! How does it fit him? We might visit one in Washington to see how they fit and feel. We have a lot of time to find him a suit so I'm guessing a few more sales will come up before we need it. I'm thinking the groomsmen will only wear pants and a shirt, so it seems like it might be more economical to just buy those things rather than rent.

 

I'd say get yourself on the mailing list.  If I hear of another sale coming up I'll try to post something about it.  You live in DC? I live in So. MD, Charles County.  If fits him great, but I don't have any pictures of him in it... I should probably do that.  He's sometimes a hard fit, super broad shoulders and thighs from years of football as a teen.  Suits and clothes have a tendency to come slim fit these days, and everything hangs pretty nicely on him.  Luckily, Jos A Bank tends to offer choices in cuts of their suits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jnitschke View Post

 

 

I'd say get yourself on the mailing list.  If I hear of another sale coming up I'll try to post something about it.  You live in DC? I live in So. MD, Charles County.  If fits him great, but I don't have any pictures of him in it... I should probably do that.  He's sometimes a hard fit, super broad shoulders and thighs from years of football as a teen.  Suits and clothes have a tendency to come slim fit these days, and everything hangs pretty nicely on him.  Luckily, Jos A Bank tends to offer choices in cuts of their suits.

No I live in Vancouver and sometimes we go down to Bellingham, Seattle area to go shopping. I see there are a few stores around that area. My FH has a similar problem, wide shoulders, slim waist and big thighs as he's a trainer and is very fit (I'm not complaining! lol), so pants never seem to fit him right, they're always too tight in the thigh. Good idea, I'll sign up for the mailing list. What's one more? haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by CourtandMatt View Post

 

 

What a great find!  If we hadn't already found a suit that works, I totally would have dragged us over to JOS Bank. 

 

We also got quite a deal on a suit that can be found in stores (My fiance did not want to order online).  We purchased the groom and groomsmen's outfits from Macys.  The outfits can be found here:  http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/perry-ellis-crimini-textured-blazer-vest-pants?ID=737274&CategoryID=17788#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D249%26ruleId%3D66%26slotId%3D36.  My FI's suit was around $170 (jacket and pants) + tie + shirt = probably around $300 for his outfit.  Macys frequently does those 25% off weekends and then they do the addition 15% if you have a card.  We took advantage of this and so we got 40% off of the outfits.  For three groomsmen, their outfits (tie, vest and pants) came to a total of around $450. 

 

 

That's my FI in the groomsmen attire!   

LL

 

My FI in his outfit without the jacket:

LL

 

My fiance in his suit:  

LL

 

 

nice look!  thanks for sharing!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright ladies...I need some help!!

 

I LOVE the idea of the OOT bag and everything you can put in it. Unfortunately, I live in Ontario and every website that's been posted or that I have found for travel sized items is American and shipping to Canada is EXPENSIVE.

 

Anyone out there that lives close to the Ontario border want to order these items and then ship them to me??? I just can't afford the shipping to my area. I don't know what else to do...you can't really find the individual packets of tylenol or imodium anywhere in Canada....we just spent the day looking.

 

Also, we leave April 9th...so its crunch time!

 

Anyone have any other solution to this problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by sillafeliz View Post

 

Alright ladies...I need some help!!

 

I LOVE the idea of the OOT bag and everything you can put in it. Unfortunately, I live in Ontario and every website that's been posted or that I have found for travel sized items is American and shipping to Canada is EXPENSIVE.

 

Anyone out there that lives close to the Ontario border want to order these items and then ship them to me??? I just can't afford the shipping to my area. I don't know what else to do...you can't really find the individual packets of tylenol or imodium anywhere in Canada....we just spent the day looking.

 

Also, we leave April 9th...so its crunch time!

 

Anyone have any other solution to this problem?

You know if it's honestly that expensive I would save your $$$ and buy things local. I've heard of a few brides that didn't want to go overboard and are going to put in a more local flavor into their bags. Another bride, I think she was a Jamaician bride, was going to put in some rum cake and some local beers. You could always research local treats and drink of choice and give your guests: a local treat, drink of choice, and a post cards. Small but thoughtful! I mean honestly if someone didn't bring Advil you know that someone in your party did. If your heart is set on individual packets of advil and pepto and what not I got mine off Amazon. I know Amazon has a .ca for you Canada folks. I think I spent $25(USD) on both advil and pepto packets. Hope this helps and good luck!

 

Canada Amazon- Advil Packets:

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/184-5012085-4722909?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=advil%20packets#/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=advil+packs&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aadvil+packs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alright ladies...I need some help!! I LOVE the idea of the OOT bag and everything you can put in it. Unfortunately, I live in Ontario and every website that's been posted or that I have found for travel sized items is American and shipping to Canada is EXPENSIVE. Anyone out there that lives close to the Ontario border want to order these items and then ship them to me??? I just can't afford the shipping to my area. I don't know what else to do...you can't really find the individual packets of tylenol or imodium anywhere in Canada....we just spent the day looking. Also, we leave April 9th...so its crunch time! Anyone have any other solution to this problem?
Hi there, I bought pepto bismol chewable tablets...they come in sheets of six tablets and I just cut them into little strips of 2 to put in my bags. My mom lives in the states, she was able to get me the individual packets of motrin from sam's club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×