27 replies to this topic

#21 chirobride

chirobride
  • Site Supporter
  • 15 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 18, 2013
  • Wedding Location:The Royal Cancun / The Hyatt Zilara

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:02 AM

I have been going back and forth about whether to have a legal or symbolic ceremony in Mexico. My coordinator said that the legal ceremony MUST be performed by a judge from the courthouse and they will only say their script and then that's it. I asked if I could have a friend step in after the legal part is finished and do a script that is more personal but apparently the judge wont allow it. So its either get legally married in MX and have it be impersonal or get married here in Florida and then do a symbolic ceremony in MX and it not be the REAL deal. I am torn!

#22 Geraldine

Geraldine
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:14 AM

I'm marrying a man that has been with me for 5 years. Unfortunately, were still not engaged although we had planned it before that we will marry each other when the right time comes. We're planning to have it civil first then marry under the catholic church.

#23 kellisbaby

kellisbaby
    • 238 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 12, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Excellence Punta Cana
    • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

I just booked Pastor Rick York.  My photog recommended him to me in order to avoid the spanish language with WC translating in English.  Plus, I've heard excellent thing about him and THANKFULLY the resort doesn't charge a day pass or vendor fee for him to come on the property.

#24 mvee1025

mvee1025
    • 155 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

@kellisbaby you are going to be very happy with Pastor York..we contracted him as well and he is probably the sweetest man I've ever met.  He speaks PERFECT English and Spanish as well.

#25 kellisbaby

kellisbaby
      • 238 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 12, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Excellence Punta Cana
      • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

Thanks @mvee1025 !  I'm kind of glad we went with him.  I didn't realize the resort officiant spoke spanish and then your coordinator translated.  SO HAPPY to have booked Pastor York!!  :))

#26 candle23

candle23
      • 294 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 23, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
      • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

We are going to have a "symbolic" ceremony that will be legal in Canada as we are having my Uncle, who is a pastor here officiate.
      It works out perfectly, we are going to be officially married on the date and won't have to get all that extra work done to make it legal in Canada!

#27 beccafries

beccafries
      • 83 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:00 AM

those that are getting married at home first...then having symbolic in Mexico.... so what date will u celebrate as ur

Anni date???    Im torn.... I want it to be the same...but no way to get around that... I don't wanna do the paperwork n blood work

in Mexico.... and we kinda didn't wanna tell our parents we getting married at home before the Mexico trip...kinda takes away

from the excitement I think...

whats ur thoughts?

#28 jackshayne0123

jackshayne0123
        • 213 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 23, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Blau Varadero Cuba
        • LocationCalgary AB Canada

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

We had a legal ceremony in Cuba, and a notary peformed the ceremony. She read in Spanish and the WC at the resort translated to English. It was very legal, not fancy or romantic at all, but what can you do. We wanted to make it legal down there and actually get married there, so I had to suck it up. But we were able to personalize the ceremony, my best friend and her husband sang a song and played guitar while we signed our papers, and we said our own vows, so I settled for that. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users