Photo

Newbie - Getting married October 2013 in Moon Palace Grand, Cancun

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#191 Karen Luiza

Karen Luiza
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

No onsite assigned yet. I have to send back the final order form first. Should be tomorrow

#192 kellielouise

kellielouise
    • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

We have Renee Garcia as our wedding coordinator, were getting married on 31st October at 1pm and have just booked the trattoria for our sit down meal at 8pm other than cake, champagne and photos (we don't have a photographer as of yet) what else do we do for 7 hours, in all our wedding finery. My husband to be says go and change before dinner but I've spent a lot on a dress to just put on something else! There's only 9 of us in total!! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

#193 lastminbride

lastminbride
      • 165 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

Hi Kellie, How about leisurely pics around the resort. Then maybe toasts and snacks (appetizers) at one of the bars/lounges. Best wishes

#194 lastminbride

lastminbride
        • 165 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

What does a Moon Palace contract and final order form look like? You can pm me at hcwedding@comcast.net Thanks!

#195 kellielouise

kellielouise
          • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

We've left the photographer to last min less than 3 weeks to our wedding can anyone recommend a photographer! Or has anyone used the onsite company at the moon palace?

#196 Dondon84

Dondon84
            • 51 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hi, Our wedding day was amazing :-) We got married at 4pm Tucan gazebo, 11th October 2013 We had our cocktail hour at the Tucan garden and dinner and reception on the Tucan terrace. All perfect :-) The horse and carriage is a must!! We had the mariachi band during the cocktail hour to keep guests busy while we had photos on the beach ect.. They were fantastic and very funny. Even played requests!! Weather was perfect, food was great, we didn't have to do anything but turn up!! Valeria was brilliant, we met with her the day after we arrived at the hotel. We went through the emails I had been sending our off site wedding coordinator (Brenda) and it was very easy. Valeria made us both feel very relaxed about the whole process, she was amazing. We took decorations eg.. Wedding favors, chair sashes, scatter crystals ect. . And Valeria set them up perfectly at no extra cost!! Extra fees weren't even discussed!! Valeria was at all 3 of our private dinners that we had set up and made sure everything was ok before she left. On the wedding day she stayed with us through the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and our reception. I can't recommend her enough, Valeria was brilliant We had PSAV for our audio package and dance floor. All was set up before the ceremony (4pm) very polite and would highly recommend We had Ocean photo studio for our photography and videography. They were great, so friendly. Did all the shots we asked for and so much more. Again I would highly recommend I will post pics soon xx

#197 lastminbride

lastminbride
              • 165 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:16 AM

Congratulations!!! Can you send me what you got for pricing from PSAV? I'm also about to sign my contract. Any advice? Thanks!!!

Hi, Our wedding day was amazing :-) We got married at 4pm Tucan gazebo, 11th October 2013 We had our cocktail hour at the Tucan garden and dinner and reception on the Tucan terrace. All perfect :-) The horse and carriage is a must!! We had the mariachi band during the cocktail hour to keep guests busy while we had photos on the beach ect.. They were fantastic and very funny. Even played requests!! Weather was perfect, food was great, we didn't have to do anything but turn up!! Valeria was brilliant, we met with her the day after we arrived at the hotel. We went through the emails I had been sending our off site wedding coordinator (Brenda) and it was very easy. Valeria made us both feel very relaxed about the whole process, she was amazing. We took decorations eg.. Wedding favors, chair sashes, scatter crystals ect. . And Valeria set them up perfectly at no extra cost!! Extra fees weren't even discussed!! Valeria was at all 3 of our private dinners that we had set up and made sure everything was ok before she left. On the wedding day she stayed with us through the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and our reception. I can't recommend her enough, Valeria was brilliant We had PSAV for our audio package and dance floor. All was set up before the ceremony (4pm) very polite and would highly recommend We had Ocean photo studio for our photography and videography. They were great, so friendly. Did all the shots we asked for and so much more. Again I would highly recommend I will post pics soon xx

#198 Dondon84

Dondon84
                • 51 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:28 AM

Hi, If you send me your email address I can forward you the psav prices and packages. I can't seem to upload it on here by normal message! Donna x

#199 Dondon84

Dondon84
                  • 51 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

Hi I would make sure that anything discussed through emai, phone calls ect is also written in your contract and broken down. Even how you are going to pay! We were told that we could pay cash in resort when we arrive but then a few days before we were due to leave we had an email asking for a deposit of 100% of the total invoice to secure all our bookings (photographer, psav, all wedding extras ect..)!! After a few emails back and forth they agreed that we could still do this even though we were told that this would be fine from the start! If you are taking any decorations like favor boxes ect, I wouldn't tell them until you meet with your onsite wedding coordinator in resort. Otherwise they may charge you set up fees. Our wedding coordinator just took all our decorative bits, chair sashes, favor boxes, table crystals, ribbon for the cake and said she will sort it on the day. A fee wasn't even mentioned Hope this helps Any questions just ask xx Good luck, your wedding day will be amazing. I want to do it all over again and I've only been married 3 weeks! :-) Donna x

#200 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
                    • 3,074 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

Good info and advice, Donna - thx for sharing! it's sure to help other Moon Palace wedding couples :)  wishing you a wonderful life ahead filled with every happiness - Cheers!

team MTM :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users