Newbie - Getting married October 2013 in Moon Palace Grand, Cancun

ashleyroslyn

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I am planning my wedding at the Moon for October 2014. I am very nernous about the weather during this time. Can any of you ladies tell me what it was like during your stay/wedding? I'm also second guessing the Moon as the beach is HUGE to us. We love the beach and turqoise water. It's also expensive and I'm starting to get cold feet. Help please :) Thank you, Mary

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ladies,

I thought id let you know how wonderful Moon Palace is and that none of you should worry about your wedding before arriving as i can guarantee its in good hands. My offsite wedding coordinator was Brenda Carreno and my onsite coordinator was Karen Garcia and both were absolutely amazing. We flew out on the 8th October and had our wedding on the 17th October. The weather was perfect!! (forget about raining season...no problems there). 

On the day of the wedding Karen and a couple of her colleagues became unexpected babysitters and looked after my 3 month old daughter and our 2 year old son (which is a challenge at the best of times) but they thought nothing of it and was happy to take the children off our hands so our group and my husband and I could enjoy the wedding and the evening celebrations. We thought it was only fair to tip Karen afterwards as a thank you. She had children of her own so it felt like the right thing to do after 4 hours of baby sitting my children, especially the youngest.

I'm going to break it all down in bullet points (not necessarily in order):

* 4pm wedding, 5-6pm cocktail hour and a 6-8pm reception

* Photographer from 3:30pm to 6:30pm

* I had the famous Horse and Carriage ride to the beach ceremony and it was worth every penny!!

* We had the Superior hors d'oeuvres for our Cocktail Hour (hubby and i didn't get to try these as we were busy having photos taken)

* for mains we had the Mediterranean Buffet and that was lovely

* We had our wedding ceremony on the Tucan Beach at 4pm (this is on Nizuc side but only an arms length to the Grand side of hotel) and the short but beautiful reception on the Tucan Terrace. 

* We had the Pure Collection from the Colin Cowie wedding collection 

* I brought my own bouquet from the UK but the one i had included in the collection was beautiful. I gave it to my Bridesmaid (scroll down to see a pic of me and Bridesmaid if you want to see it). 

* We used Gama to decorate the terrace with string lights above us and under table lights to add a little extra to our celebrations (it was after 6pm by the time we got to sit down after photos so bare that in mind if you go to Mexico in October and you choose to have your reception outside, the sun starts to set around 5:45-6pm so you will definitely need extra lighting otherwise you'll be sitting in the dark).  

* We used Moon's music services where you provide the ipod and they play it on a large speaker.....basic but all we needed as we couldn't have a disco having two small children.

* We used the Harpist for our ceremony music and it was just stunning a long side the Pure Collection.

* The fireworks were a nice touch at the end but not worth the $400 odd dollars (i was pleased they were included in the Pure collection).

* We had two tiers on our cake, one vanilla and the other chocolate and it was delicious.

* We didn't use the onsite photographer because about a year ago I did my homework and chose 'Moments That Matter Photography'. I have left a review on their page on this website so please feel free to have a read but to sum them up in one word.....BRILLIANT!!. I have included a few pics of our day that Link'n and his assistant took and I cant sing their praises enough :)

I'm sure there's loads more i could tell you but if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I hope you enjoy the exciting build up to your special day ladies....just remember not to stress and relax, it will be alright on the day :)

THX so much for your kudos, and the wonderful accolades you wrote in your review here: FutureMrsCorney's Review of their Moon Palace Wedding with MTM 

It's the "Why" of why our premier photographer ~Link'n ~ does what he does so well.....he LUVs it!!! and shows it thru his lens when he captures the "gold" of your wedding "moments that matter"! To have your reaction to his artistry is the wonderful "icing on the cake" and enhances his enjoyment even more - so THX!!!  for your recognition of his passion :)

Wishing you every happiness in your lives together going forward and pls come back again anytime ...for another Photo Session ..birthday, anniversary, just because.....etc

It was our pleasure capturing your joy in a photo-record of your once-in-a-lifetime Special Day! CHEERS!

All the Best....team MTM :)

• 3 months later...