Newbie - Getting married October 2013 in Moon Palace Grand, Cancun

ashleyroslyn

Hi Donna,

is ur bouquets, fake flowers then if u taking them with you i was thinking of getting something lke that and smaller ones for bridsemaid, we have wedding rings, ones we have always liked, so got them while we had the money.

Are your Grooms wearing lining suits! or normal suits, we were thingking linin trousers shirt and tie and poss waist coat for groom.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sam, My bouquet is going to be made of brooches,crystals and pearls so it's not flowers at all. I have two adult bridesmaids and they are going to have real flowers. As we get a complimentary bouquet, one of the bridesmaids will be having that one and am going to buy an identical one so they will be the same. The lady that does the bouquets has told me to travel with it in a hat box!! It's only going to be small, probably 8 inches round but it'll be heavy so it'll go in hand luggage. A little scared it'll get broken in the big case. Same with us with the rings,I keep looking at them and can't wait to be wearing them ha ha! We tried to get the 'big buys' out the way before we booked the holiday/wedding so now we can just concentrate on paying that Groom wants to wear a normal suit, with waistcaot and cravat, we're going to have our boys in the same and bestman my dad ect... I did suggest linen to him but he didn't fancy it. We are going to ask for an evening ceremony so maybe it'll be cooler by then!! Are you taking your dress as carry on luggage or are you putting it in a suitcase?? I have read a few people weren't allowed to carry it on board and this is what I was hoping to do?! Donna x x

Hi, Donna, i think if you speak to your airline, there normally quite accomadating with dresses and you can get specail hand luaggauge dress boxes which are sutible size for over head storage. i think if you book for virgin they give one free, if not you can get them on line. i think i would rather do this then but it in suit case just because soe ties you see suit cass that are half open when they come of the plane, mine once had a big foot print on it where they dont handle them with care. I know it unlikely but it could go missing!

bouguet sounds lovely, my bridsemaid have asked for fake flowers so they can keep them after, It just getting four over there, so will see.

we still not sure on suits, are wedding is at 14:00pm was hoping for 16;00pm so dont have bright sun and the heat, but may be we can move it till later. I actually quite hard to find linen suits, so will prob go for rnormal and just wear trousers, short sleve shirt and waist coat.

now we have rings and wedding booked, all we need to buy is dress and suits, so we can concentrate on payign for wedding.

sam xx

Hello fellow October Brides!

I'm also gettting married at moon palace October 31, 2013, a Day of the Dead/Halloween wedding! I'm very excited and nervous! 

As I can see a few of you are ahead of me with dates, I can't wait to see how they all turn out. 

Hopfully we can keep each other updated with resort info!

-Ashley

Hey Sam, congrats!! Getting on okay, still haven't heard back from our contact at Thomas cook but am going to go in this week at some point and hopefully she'll tell us that we have our date confirmed! Booked the at home reception so focussing on that just now and searching for a dress and shoes! How are you getting on?! X

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ladies Seems October is a popular time to book the moon palace. My wedding date is set for October 16th 2013. I beleive from what my travel agent advised the resort will send a package which I should be getting shortly I can update you once I have this. Should be PDF file so I can post more details? Where is eveyone from? Once you get the package you can communicate with the moon palace staff directly. I was told there very helpful but take a few days to reply so don't get discouraged! My name is Camille I'm from Toronto Canada

ha ha no worries, i getting on ok.

just trying to sort out documents to send off etc and still clairfy numbers!!! one of my bridsemaids has tod me that she can no longer afford to go which is a shame n a bit annoying as we gave every one two years notice and she has said she def going all along!!!!!, so now have three bridesmaids, just glad she told me now ratherthen wait till i had dresses etc.

ifound a dress i like on line and finally managed to track it down to a shop near me, so going to try it on next friday whch will be exciting, just hope i like it an it fits it only a year and some people say some dresses can take 6 months to order in and 6 month for fitting so ideally i need my dress now lol.

Hope you have had luck with thomas cook, what sort of shoes do u think you will go for??

samx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm getting married April 2013. I have spoken with my wedding coordinator Angelica and she told me that with the new Colin Cowie Collections, you are unable to make changes to the decorations. For instance the only option that wiill go with the colors for my wedding would be the Pearl ($3500) or Pure ($4500), so I wanted to go with the Complimentary package and add little details to the ceremony and reception such as sashes or ribbons on the chairs etc. I was told this cannot be done. Has anyone else run into this same problem?