Newbie - Getting married October 2013 in Moon Palace Grand, Cancun

ashleyroslyn

Hi Sam, I hope we are able to use the credits on extras next year, I know you can use for hair and make up etc xx All my guests at the moment are staying at the moon palace but there are lots of other sister hotels, beach palace, sun palace, Cancun palace but this has recently changed to a hard rock hotel and I'm not sure if the rules are still applicable. I know from Facebook that some of the palace resort members said that heir membership would no longer include the hard rock properties, have a look on palace resorts site and it will show you all the properties. I've sent away for the copy of my birth certificate, it costs £9.25 and takes apron 20 days to arrive, h2b has to get his and may end up with an arse kicking if he leaves it much longer ( keeps moaning that the wedding is ages away yet but I know that if I don't keep reminding him, he will try and order them the week before lol). I haven't got a clue about the legal stuff, it's sooooo confusing. Add me on facebook Philippa sigallias and I will add you to the groups xxxx How are you getting on ? Xxx

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sam, I hope we are able to use the credits on extras next year, I know you can use for hair and make up etc xx All my guests at the moment are staying at the moon palace but there are lots of other sister hotels, beach palace, sun palace, Cancun palace but this has recently changed to a hard rock hotel and I'm not sure if the rules are still applicable. I know from Facebook that some of the palace resort members said that heir membership would no longer include the hard rock properties, have a look on palace resorts site and it will show you all the properties. I've sent away for the copy of my birth certificate, it costs £9.25 and takes apron 20 days to arrive, h2b has to get his and may end up with an arse kicking if he leaves it much longer ( keeps moaning that the wedding is ages away yet but I know that if I don't keep reminding him, he will try and order them the week before lol). I haven't got a clue about the legal stuff, it's sooooo confusing. Add me on facebook Philippa sigallias and I will add you to the groups xxxx How are you getting on ? Xxx

Hi everyone, Loving the photos coco brown! Can't believe it'll be a year to go soon! :D In the wedding pack we recieved it said that Moon Palace to translation of documents for you. Is anyone else leaving it until they get out there? I think this is what we'll be doing I've asked before about the resort credits being used on the extras and we got told we can only use $1500 on certain packages and not extras like the horse and carriage etc..... How's everyone planning going??? Anyone got their dress yet?! :D Donna x

hay, thank you for names of sister hotels i wil pass this around to our guests, am hoping majority of them will stay at moon palace with us. it be good to use credit n hair and make up as  i know this will be a must lol.

will send on documents off soon to travel consultor for her to sort out, it quite good she tells me where and when to send them, i dont have a clue about wedding licenses or anything,

getting ok i have tried on a few dresses (couldnt wait any longer) very hard to choose esp as having to think about the heat etc.

just waiting for guests to book so i know how many exactly coming, stil not got def yeses or nos which is a bit annoying.

how are you getting on x thanks for adding me to groups x

Originally Posted by Dondon84 View Post

Hi everyone,

Loving the photos coco brown!

Can't believe it'll be a year to go soon! cheesy.gif

In the wedding pack we recieved it said that Moon Palace to translation of documents for you. Is anyone else leaving it until they get out there? I think this is what we'll be doing

I've asked before about the resort credits being used on the extras and we got told we can only use $1500 on certain packages and not extras like the horse and carriage etc.....

How's everyone planning going???

Anyone got their dress yet?! cheesy.gif

Donna x

hey Donna,

I was thinking of leaving it to the hotel, i hope that we get provided with a little more info nearer the time.

I am leaving my dress until next year, how bout you????

Am in full planning mode for AHR tho, put my deposit down on the cake today - how exciting!!!!!!

Philippa x

Originally Posted by samblake85 View Post

hay, thank you for names of sister hotels i wil pass this around to our guests, am hoping majority of them will stay at moon palace with us. it be good to use credit n hair and make up as  i know this will be a must lol.

will send on documents off soon to travel consultor for her to sort out, it quite good she tells me where and when to send them, i dont have a clue about wedding licenses or anything,

getting ok i have tried on a few dresses (couldnt wait any longer) very hard to choose esp as having to think about the heat etc.

just waiting for guests to book so i know how many exactly coming, stil not got def yeses or nos which is a bit annoying.

how are you getting on x thanks for adding me to groups x

good luck with the guests, i have four people that are trying to book and at the mo the prices are just going up & up - bloody thomas cook lol, told them to keep saving and when the price is right we will add them on, god its sooooo stressful!!

I think your guests may just go to the moon palace as from the prices i have seen the other resorts tend to be a little more expensive xx  

The dress thing is going to be my biggest nightmare but i have seen some fab dresses on these sites and most look quite heavy and not summer friendly - i think you just pick your perfect dress and sod the climate lol xxx

Glad to help with facebook, its great seeing all the pix of the work that is being done xx

I cant wait now lol.

Will you still be at the moon when Donna and I arrive on the 2nd?  xx

Philippa

Hi Philippa, I have my dress lol! I ordered it a month after we got engaged (aug'11) and picked it up last month. I was thinking about getting a 'destination wedding dress' but thought you only get married once so I have gone for a big heavy dress!! You will probably see me in it anyway ha ha ha We aren't having a reception/ party when we get home so I haven't got much to organise. Can't wait to get out there and arrange stuff! I would love to be putting deposits down on cakes, ect.. I am a bit gutted I won't be able to do stuff like that. Samblake, I know what you mean about guests not hurrying up and letting you know. We do have quite a few people coming already ( immediate family) but posts of friends avoid even mentioning the invite when we see them lol rather they just bloody told me Happy planning girls Can't wait Donna x x

Donna u can't believe you bought your dress so early lol you are so efficient, it must be amazing if you got it straightaway. I hope I do see you in your dress. You will have to let me know when we are there and I will keep an eye out for you xxx We decided to have an AHR as there are so many family members who can't attend so this was the easiest thing. We are having it the week after we get home, need to decide whether or not to wear they dress, prob will lol. I have people who won't let me know what they want to do, it's so infuriating, just say lol, it may be that they can't go and don't want to hurt your feelings. Ive taken my lot as not coming until they actually book, less stressful then x Is your h2b helping you plan? Xx

Hay we not flying out till oct 21st so you will all prob have left by then!!

i have also said that if they not let me know they not coming, i have tld them i dont mind eithee way as i am aware it lot to ask as wasnt execting many to come.

we have booked our party for when we ome back, but have done nothing else yet, should start looking at cakes etc.

i love that you have your dress already, i agree tho sod the climent get the dress you want, it's only one day x

didnt relalise prices have gone up as i havmt looked i may have to let people know, thank you, hoping they will coe down again next year, i do hope mon palace come out best price!!

i got loads of wedding this month and next to attend, but really want it to be mine lol xxx

Hi , Yeah we will be leaving on the 16th so wont be there when you arrive, I would love to have a party when we come home but don't think we could afford it to be honest. I've got close family that can't come to Mexico so it will be hard not to have them involved in the wedding but we knew it would happen. We were looking at it that only parents would come and anyone else that could make it would be just brilliant. We have 24 coming so far so really pleased!! Philippa, h2b is great at reading up on stuff, he reads trip advisor everyday and always looking on the palace resorts facebook website. I have a look on their Facebook page for updated photos. It is looking fab so far, and can't wait to see the flow rider! I even have the bridesmaids dresses and wedding rings! I am having my bouquet made by 'love bouquets' so taking that out there with me. H2b won't let me pick suits with him lol but they won't get sorted until just before we go. We have 2 boys that are growing at a rapid rate otherwise I'd love to have those sorted too ha ha x Donna x x