Newbie - Getting married October 2013 in Moon Palace Grand, Cancun

ashleyroslyn

Hello, We also arrive on 2nd October and staying for 2 weeks, we have requested 11th and 10th ( 11th being our first choice) but still no confirmed date after 6 weeks, Thomas cook arent much help, been in to see them a few times and they just say they will follow it up!! :( Can't believe there are soooo many October moon palace brides to be already :D Thomas cook haven't even said we will definitely get the resort credits, they have just told us ' whatever promotions the hotel have on at the time, we will get' We have 24 guests booked up at the minute, so we are hoping to get the private reception and cocktail hour complimentary as it works out 140 room nights already and from what I have read we need at least 70 nights. Would be nice to be able to get the venue location confirmed before we arrive at the hotel as I know they hold quite a few weddings per day and would be disappointed not to get he location :( If anyone gets a confirmed date I would love to know especially if booked through Thomas cook!! How organised are all you brides?? If you don't mind me being nosey!! :D

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hay we booked through a travel consultant who has direct links with moon palace and air plane companies.

we are flying with Bitish airways although  flight details are not yet availble we will get them later.

we got our date within a week confirmed and also got the time, however we dont have a location so not sure how that works if other weddings if we already have our time.

yes we are getting  the hotel credits and have been told we can use these towards upgrading parts of the wedding if we wanted which i think is fab,saves money. and i think our guests are too.

we have approx 30 guests going so will have about 15-20 rooms most guests are staying for 1-2 weeks. what is this about, the cocktail hour and recption!!!

we going for two weeks and getting married on 26th which is our ten year annivasrary so really pleased we got that date, our travel consultnt said, because we booking so far in advance she couldnt see a prob with getting the date, so fingers crossed you will all get the date you wanted. 

planning, not so much, im goning to start wedding dress shopping in aug, and planning our party for when we get back. i havnt done any thing else yet. so not sure where to start, what we need and thing slike colour schemes etc.

pip, great to have some support from you guys and say to help one another out, like i say i dont know where to stat organising or what i need lol.

my email samblake85@hotmail.com if you want to email me.

Hi,  cheesy.gif

A lot of reviews said to book direct to get get the date confirmed quicker, wish we had done that so we'd know already,

The reception and cocktail hour is free if you have 75 room nights booked and it sound like you'll have lots more than that with around 30 guests. It also says about getting 7 nights stay free with that number of nights but when we asked thomas cook about it they said they will probably deduct that from any extras we choose for the wedding package, so cant wait to get a confirmed date because we will then just email the hotel weddings department and see if we get more help there.

Thomas cook don't want to commit themselves to anything we ask!! smile27.gif

If you go on the 'palace resorts' website and click on group amenities it says there the things that will be complimentary with the amount of room nights you have booked.

Thomas cook have told us we will be entitled to it if thats what they are offering at the time, they also said that we can contact the wedding coordinators before we travel and discuss things with them about what the hotel are offering.

Do you think that applies if you book all the rooms at the same time, we have just booked our 14 nights and flights, and our guests are gonna book theres when they can.

just spoke to our travel consultant, who said weddings are normally held on the beach however there are gardens if you choose. she said everything is delt with you you getto moon palace as a lot of time they had people chnage thee mind when they got there so everything had to be changed, now they just do it all in one go.

she says she has sent us this wedding pack, so am hoping that wil be useful. i will letyou know whats inside x

I don't think you have to book all at the same time, we booked ours and then just told friends and family the booking reference so they can go in and book just to make sure they are on the same flight and transfers etc....Thomas cook said we will get whatever moon palace are offering. I have printed out the group amenities offers so will definitely be taking it with us when we travel to make sure we do get it ;) I'm not too worried about waiting until we arrive to arrange everything I would prefer that anyway just would've liked the venue but I can understand why they wait until you arrive How exciting that your wedding pack is on its way :D I haven't been told what sort of things will be in the pack, assuming it will mention the extras and things that we will be able to choose I will let you know if I hear anymore from the TA, they will probably tell me more soon as I think they must be getting bored of me going in to see them so often!! Ha ha

We still haven't had our date confirmed and can't actually get a hold of our contact in Thomas Cook which is a bit of a nightmare!!! We're not sure how many people are coming with us as the reason we decided to do it abroad is because my mum recently passed away so didn't want a big thing. We were told my Thomas Cook we will be getting the resort credits and so will anyone else who books, we have also just booked ourselves and are letting people go in and book themselves, seems to be easier that way, I don't want to be chasing up people all year! My next meeting with Thomas Cook is to decide whether to make all the arrangements through her or directly with the hotel ...... Not sure which is best to be honest! Planning not going too badly, not really much we can do at the minute although we're going to see two venues for our reception when we come home, if you are having one I suggest getting it booked now because a few of the places I got in touch with here are already booked up for next year! x

That's good to know Thomas cook have said you'll be getting the resort credits, it was one of the major perks of booking the hotel and knew our guests would appreciate them after paying such a lot of money to come out there with us It's been 6 weeks one since we booked and considering they told us we would have a confirmed date and our wedding pack in 2-3 weeks I think we have been quite patient. Have you had to fill out a form from the moon palace yet? I popped in to Thomas cook last week to see if they had any news and they had a form emailed to them from moon palace, so I had to fill it out and they faxed it straight back to them. I had to write 2 dates we would like, the wedding package we would like and how many guests would be coming!! This makes me think that even though we booked 6 weeks ago, Thomas cook didn't actually put a requested dates forward as soon as we booked!! :confused: Sound like booking directly with the hotel is the quicker way to get a confirmed date, we did it through Thomas cook as we only booked the complimentary wedding package with the holiday and plan to upgrade to the 'pure' package when we get there. So for us going through the travel agents were more straight forward but depends how quickly you want your date confirmed We are going to arrange everything when we get there, I have read lots of reviews about people taking photos and info with them on how they would like things to look, and the wedding planners have done a perfect job!! I keep hearing the wedding coordinators are excellent once you are out there but a bit of a pain to contact before you travel x

Hey all cheesy.gif

We got sent a form from Thomas Cook a few days after we booked from the moon palace.  I emailed last week to find out when I would receive a response and was told that they were following up the following day.  Still no date or wedding pack thatswck.gif  The lady in groups who organised our booking is on hols until this week so I will send off another email and see what i get back!!  I wish we had booked direct with the hotel now.

I think with regards to the free functions; you may have to book most of the rooms together,  I am speaking to a lady who booked her hotel (Beach Palace) through teletext and her group are booking seperately, if i remember right palace resorts said she didnt have a wedding contract so it couldnt be done (dont know what that means).

Dondon84 are you travelling from gatwick on the 2nd October, if so we will be on the same plane woot.gif

I've started a bit of planning with regards to any extras I may want for the wedding but the costs are only approxs on the palace site.  I do have an email copy of the wedding brochure; if any of you guys would like a copy pm with your email and i will send it across for you xx

Pip xx

Hi, It's so frustrating when they can't give you any answers! We thought it would be straight forward going through Thomas cook but wishing we had booked direct too now!! Pip... Yes we are going from Gatwick on the 2nd so we will be on the same flight :D are you by any chance on the Moon palace members forum, my h2b was on there earlier and said we have another wedding party on the same flight and they are from Cardiff??!! :D It will be a shame if we can't get the free functions, Thomas cook told us that although we have booked on our own, if our guests give us there booking reference (they have booked through Thomas cook) that they will cross reference all the bookings so that they hotel know we are a group wedding booking and know we are all together I will be popping into the travel agents again this week so I will let you knw if the tell me anything new :D Xx

Omg ha ha that is such a coincidence!!! I was going to pm you and ask if he was your h2b... It's a small world. Good job mind getting him on the case, that site is fantastic and also the palace brides site... Add me on fb and I will refer you xxx. My name is Philippa Sigallias xxx