Post pictures of your Invitations

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#91 Cherina

Cherina
  • Banned
  • 636 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

It will happen sooner then you know. Once they hit the mailbox it gets real...

Love them Cherina!! Can't wait to order mine...

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#92 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
    • 593 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

Cherubs those are adorable. So unique. We're they expensive? Because they look it so if they weren't good for you because your guests will be none the wiser. We wanted to do boxes but after pricing them realized it was not a feasible option for us. I love your colors!
      Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#93 Cherina

Cherina
      • Banned
      • 636 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

Thank you so much they were a middle ground. I worked with an amazing graphic designer to come of with the custom scheme and feel and then I assembled them and added the details the bling the charms (charms are a theme through out the week, women will have bracelets and collect charms through the different event) they were a bit more then I was initially thinking but to me invites truly set the tone. I was going for luxury casual, BOHO beach and a hint of the princess bride.

Cherubs those are adorable. So unique. We're they expensive? Because they look it so if they weren't good for you because your guests will be none the wiser. We wanted to do boxes but after pricing them realized it was not a feasible option for us. I love your colors!

#94 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
        • 593 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

Omg I called you Cherubs lol it was the autocorrect on my phone! I meant Cherina haha sorry!

#95 Cherina

Cherina
          • Banned
          • 636 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

I auto spell myself that at times... Lol so I knew you meant me....ha Ha

Omg I called you Cherubs lol it was the autocorrect on my phone! I meant Cherina haha sorry!

#96 Marymack

Marymack
            • 414 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

Too funny!!

#97 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
              • 593 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

I FINALLY got my invitations! I am satisfied with the way they turned out. Yes- everyone does the Passport thing or the boarding pass thing so they aren't unique, but they are unique in terms of any wedding amongst our group of friends and family. We are the first to host a destination wedding, so we thought they'd be fun. My fiance loves them and he works in the art industry so he is picky. I feel like they are missing something but then again, I am over the top. I was thinking of adding a rhinestone to the front cover on one of the feathers, or adding  metallic chords to the binding. What do you ladies think? Leave well enough alone, or add my little touch? Mom bought a Swarovski hot gun that affixes crystals to anything so it would be subtle and easy to do but I am worried about messing them up. 

#98 LKocelko

LKocelko
                • 350 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

I FINALLY got my invitations! I am satisfied with the way they turned out. Yes- everyone does the Passport thing or the boarding pass thing so they aren't unique, but they are unique in terms of any wedding amongst our group of friends and family. We are the first to host a destination wedding, so we thought they'd be fun. My fiance loves them and he works in the art industry so he is picky. I feel like they are missing something but then again, I am over the top. I was thinking of adding a rhinestone to the front cover on one of the feathers, or adding  metallic chords to the binding. What do you ladies think? Leave well enough alone, or add my little touch? Mom bought a Swarovski hot gun that affixes crystals to anything so it would be subtle and easy to do but I am worried about messing them up. 

I think a little gem or two on the feathers could be a cute touch. As long as you only do one or two per invite, I don't think it would make it too over the top. Very cute!

#99 Cherina

Cherina
                  • Banned
                  • 636 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

I love the idea of adding a bit of bling to the feather, I would get some tiney stones and put one in each feather. It will give a complete look, a bit of glam with out being over the top because the stones are so small.

#100 agm04

agm04
                    • 548 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

they look great!  I vote for metallic cord. Like you said, this will be the first time most people have seen these!  I think metallic cord would up the wow factor a little without being too over the top.  Fun!

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users