Photo

So, I got some really bad news....

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#71 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
  • 812 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:18 PM

I have no idea what "normal" means, but I am going to be praying it means everything is ok and you can have as many healthy babies as your heart desires!

#72 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:25 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by beachbride
      she just called me back, and "she just said everything is normal"... what is normal, lol, it was a tech in the office and not the doctor, so I just would like to talk to the doctor now... So, I hope that is good news....

That sounds good....So happy that you got that news. Let us know what the doctor says. Thinking of you...

#73 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:43 PM

Quote:
        she just called me back, and "she just said everything is normal"... what is normal, lol, it was a tech in the office and not the doctor, so I just would like to talk to the doctor now... So, I hope that is good news....
        well that has to be good!!! Hoping for good news from the Dr too!!!
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#74 1elephant

1elephant
        • VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:16 PM

if things weren't 'normal', the dr would have called instead of the tech.

yay!!

#75 gkashmira

gkashmira
          • 1,962 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:30 PM

Yay - NORMAL sounds good! It may not be very descriptive but it sounds like you're free to start making some babies!
            Kashmira & Dan
            Happily married since June 16, 2007
            http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
            Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
            Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#76 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:04 PM

Only when there is something wrong does the doctor call herself. The fact that she had a tech call means that everything is okay. I had some blood tests done awhile ago and they told me I had a high blood count which was indicative of an infection, and then after extensive testing the tests came back normal. Sometimes they just tell you stuff to be cautious but in the end it turns out everything is okay. I think this is great news and you should celebrate!!

#77 chicago88

chicago88
              • 699 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:13 PM

Quote:
                I have to tell someone other than Fi, I just haven't had the nerve to without breaking down again....So, I have been very down and upset lately.... Ever since I can remember I have wanted kids and that has never changed. I went for some testing and found out my FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) is 17, and apprently anything over 10 is bad.... So, I either will have a very hard time when we are ready to get pregnant, or I never will be able to... I have been pretty devestated when she told me that, so today I went for another whole slew of blood work. I really don't understand all these tests fully, so if anyone knows more about it, feel free to tell me more. But from everything I have been reading online, says anything above 10, it is almost medically impossible...
                Shelly-I'm so sorry. I don't really know anything on the subject but I'm sure there are some different options available that you can try. Hang in there and don't count anything out yet!!

Therese & Jay
                Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#78 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                • VIP Member
                • 11,403 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:21 PM

Well, "normal" sounds like good news Shelley! I would request to get a copy of your labs though, so youi can see the difference.

I would take it as good that the tech called you...the doctor usually calls w/bad news. But def get back in there & get a full explanation so you can put your mind at ease.

YAY!

#79 Jessica

Jessica
                  • VIP Member
                  • 11,939 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:15 PM

Normal sounds good. But yeah, definitely get the scoop from the doctor with more details.

I think it's good news though! Maybe they can tell you why things weren't as positive before, that would be helpful.

#80 Jenn

Jenn
                    • 1,557 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:20 PM

Normal definitely sounds good :) Let us know when you get some more info, but I agree that the doc would've called you if things weren't ok. Great news!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users