• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:41 PM

I have to tell someone other than Fi, I just haven't had the nerve to without breaking down again....So, I have been very down and upset lately.... Ever since I can remember I have wanted kids and that has never changed. I went for some testing and found out my FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) is 17, and apprently anything over 10 is bad.... So, I either will have a very hard time when we are ready to get pregnant, or I never will be able to... I have been pretty devestated when she told me that, so today I went for another whole slew of blood work. I really don't understand all these tests fully, so if anyone knows more about it, feel free to tell me more. But from everything I have been reading online, says anything above 10, it is almost medically impossible...

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:46 PM

Omg, Shelley, I am so sorry. I don' thave any advice to offer or any new information, I just wanted to let you know that I am sorry for you. That must be a hard thing to hear, but I know that medical miracle happen! Perhaps when you and Amos are ready, things will be different.

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:47 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but FSH is tested by blood work, right?

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:48 PM

Oh no Shelley ... I am ssoo sorry to hear this. But always know there are options and medications and things that can help overcome this. However, I don't know anything about it to really help in the advice area. Can I ask why you had the tests done? Did you just want to make sure all is good for when you are ready?

#5 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:49 PM

shelley, I'm so sorry. Try to think positive, I know its hard with hearing this news, but maybe theres a way, I wish I could give you a big hug!

#6 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:49 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by TammyB
              Correct me if I'm wrong but FSH is tested by blood work, right?
              yes, it is a blood test that they do, and apparently anything over a 10, (from what they are telling me) means your eggs are diminished and in very short supply... (I don't really understand it all either)

#7 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:50 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by foxytv
                Oh no Shelley ... I am ssoo sorry to hear this. But always know there are options and medications and things that can help overcome this. However, I don't know anything about it to really help in the advice area. Can I ask why you had the tests done? Did you just want to make sure all is good for when you are ready?
                I really can't answer this, my Doctor was aksing me when we would be ready and I said probably a year or less, so she did all this blood work on me, and I guess that came back as one of the results...

#8 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:50 PM

I've read that Acupuncture might be able to help bring FSH levels down.

#9 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 10,366 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:52 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TammyB
                    I've read that Acupuncture might be able to help bring FSH levels down.
                    I see an acupuncturist on a regular basis for my migraines, maybe I should talk to him about this too, to see if he can do anything different!

#10 TammyB

TammyB
                    • 10,630 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:54 PM

I'm actually thinking about seeing one as well for TTC problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users