undereye circles

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#11 Debs

• VIP Member
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:31 PM

I just bought some MAC concealer and it's great!

My face is the last thing to tan too, I'm really fair. The winter is the worst!

#12 gkashmira

• 1,962 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by mkdela
      I have really dark circles all the time, too. If I don't wear make-up, people are constantly asking me if I am feeling ok or telling me I look tired! I just never leave the house without concealer and I find it does the trick.
      Same goes for me! I actually use a stick concealer from Neutragena for years and I think it works pretty well. You can buy at at any drug store - just make sure it matches your skin color!

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Smoothing Stick™
      Kashmira & Dan
      Happily married since June 16, 2007
      Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
      Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#13 Debs

• VIP Member
      • 7,104 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:06 PM

UG, I just went to get my passport pictures done. I thought I had my circles conceled pretty well, and the pictures turned out HORRIBLE! Now I know why I wear glasses (well in addition to the fact I'm practically BLIND!) cause they conceal them pretty good!! LOL

#14 Sharonie

• 557 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:50 PM

I get dark eye circles when I don't get enough sleep. Also if I drink a lot of water after 11pm, my eye bags will be even puffier. Not sure if others have similar issue.

#15 Lizzy

• 501 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:15 AM

Hi, I have gradeschool pictures of me with my dark cirles and bags! Got them from my daddy. Anyway, Lauder has a make-up called Double Wear. It is a stay in place foudation that won't rub off and stays at least 15 hours/or when you wash it off. This foundation also has a concealor that works really well. Unfortunately there isn't an eyecreme that will tackle both puffiness and circles. I have used Christian Dior creme for circles and Benefits Puffy something for puffiness. The Dior is pricey, but works really well along with a concealor after about 2 weeks daily use. The puffy one I like too, but I have only had samples, not purchased it (an advantage of being a beauty advisor). Another thing about circles, I just read an article that says to use an illuminating light color concealor only in the dark area of the circle and a shade darker on the puffy are of you also have that. One of the makeup artists did that on me and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised! Remember, when messing around with any undereye area, ALWAYS use the ring finger only! Do not smooth the cream or concealor in, pat it in.
            I hope this will be of some help to you.
            For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#16 Kiki652

• 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:50 AM

I too suffer from chronic undereye circles. I use Bobbie Brown Hydrating undereye cream and Bobbie Brown Concealer. It's a little expensive, but definitely worth it.It's a life saver!!!

People have also told me that drinking more water helps. Good Luck!!

#17 1elephant

• VIP Member
              • 15,998 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:23 PM

i tried strivectin sr at a dept store...the color of my bags seemed to lighten immediately, but that stuff's $$$$$! i may go to sephora and ask for a sample, b/c a little bit goes a looooooong way.

#18 JulieG

• VIP Member
                • 8,323 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:43 PM

I love Benefit's Realness of Concealness Kit. There is a cream to shrink any bags and then an awesome and I mean awesome concealor to put on after. Its a great kit for your whole face, I love it. I bought it to use for my wedding and it was great. I then put MAC concealor on top of it, just to make double sure you could not see my bad dark circles.

#19 spoiledsophie

• 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:28 PM

I too have very pale skin, and dark circles under my eyes (combination of genetics and allergies) - people have often told me I look tired, even after a good night sleep. I have been using Maybelline instant age rewind as an undereye concealer, which has helped. I also use a bronzer powder so I don't look so pale, and that seems to detract from the dark circles as well.

I will check out the MAC concealer though - thanks for the tip ladies!

#20 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by gkashmira
                      Same goes for me! I actually use a stick concealer from Neutragena for years and I think it works pretty well. You can buy at at any drug store - just make sure it matches your skin color!

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Smoothing Stickâ„¢
                      I'm going to give this a try. I have never used undereye concealer. I don't wear much makeup. I recently started wearing bare minerals & it has made it more obvious to me how I have this one dark spot under one eye. It's been there since high school, I just don't really notice it until I put on makeup. I guess because I am looking at myself closer to make sure the makeup is on nice. I'm pretty lucky that with my fair skin, I've never had a big problem with undereye circles. But, I think it's time to use a little concealer. Atleast for the wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users