undereye circles

jenvh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-marcus View Post
there are several reasons for under eye dark circles . most people think its from lack of sleep but thats usually not the case. you could have excessive iron in your blood, congestion in your nose preventing proper blood flow down from your eyes causing stagnant blood to oxidize. this website shows some reasons for the problem Cause Dark Eye Circle
and here are some tips to how to get rid of them Combating dark eye circles BUT if its improper blood flow or excessive iron then you should consult a physician. i have dark circles myself i believe caused from my deviated septum which is always making my nose congested.
Thanks for the info!! Really interesting and helpful. Unfortunately, I've gotten all my hormone, blood tests, etc done throughout the years and it Hereditary. Poo. No solution for me. I've had it since I was young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandpaul View Post
I had a chemical peel done in December so for a while (and still) I am red. Not sure if this would help (different skin color problem) but there is a Physicians brand (sold in drug stores) that has Conceal RX to help cover it. It is better than regular concealer. It is green. Not sure if it will conceal dark circles but it helps with any redness.

BTW, Monika, I love your pic
Thank you very much!!

I've also had chemical peels done but my Surgeon said he couldn't do it under the eyes... hmmm.. did you get it under your eyes??

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalovesryan View Post
i not only have dark circles, I also have a lovely blue vein on my left cheek. Love it! I want to get it zapped but my mom gets mad when I bring it up! I just usually use bronzer and it helps me a lot!
Go for it! I have/had a port wine stain.. its like a perminant red spot on the side of my forehead (also hereditary.. thanks dad!) and got it zapped.. it takes a couple of times depending upon the color. It is sooooo noticably better, no more extra coverup in that area for me!

now if they could zapp my undereye circles I would be in heaven!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started using Ren Dark Circle something (the point is that it's suppose to help reduce puffiness and dark circles. I just can't remember the name right now!)

I think it has helped but not entirely wiped them out. Like most of you this is something I have had forever! I use it morning and night and it is actually really refreshing. I'd recommend it but again, it hasn't been a miracle worker. I still have to use concealer.

I HATE the dark circles though. I just feel like I can never go without some type of makeup because they just really make me look bad! I'm glad others feel my pain.

FYI: For all of you brides that have a problem with the circles -- you should mention this to your photographer so they can pay special attention to it in post-production and correct it if it shows up on your wedding day! -

Although I find it hard to believe, there are still some photogs shooting weddings on film out there (even though canon and nikon stopped making pro film cameras) - but in their case, there is much less they can do about corrections in post production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Photography LLC View Post
FYI: For all of you brides that have a problem with the circles -- you should mention this to your photographer so they can pay special attention to it in post-production and correct it if it shows up on your wedding day! -

Although I find it hard to believe, there are still some photogs shooting weddings on film out there (even though canon and nikon stopped making pro film cameras) - but in their case, there is much less they can do about corrections in post production.
Sweet! Thank goodness for photoshop. I need help!

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have any tricks for puffiness? I have had puffiness under my eyes for years and can't seem to get rid of them. I don't have any known allergies, maybe its not enough water? who knows? i also try not to eat salty food and drink water late at night. It looks like i've had a good cry the night before, every morning. I hate it!

It seems like MAC is popular and Benefit was mentioned. Any other concealer or eye cream that is a miracle worker?? I've tried tonnes of different eye creams but none tend to make much difference. Any other suggestions would be great!