Jump to content

Photo

My Mexico/beach wedding DIYs - post yours for inspiration!


  • Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#21 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
  • Vendor
  • 1,243 posts

    Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

    Originally Posted by jordanb 

    Instead of bells or classes clinking, I decided I am going to outfit each table with maracas. They all have a tag on them with a poem about shaking them to see the bride and groom kiss:

    maracas.jpg

     

    That's all I have so far, but I have lots more to come. (Now I just have to figure out how the heck to get it all to Mexico!)


    Fun Idea, love to see something different!   Engagement with your guests is huge!   One step further, they could get instructions to make noise with the Maracas during the first KISS....  that way, they can funnel their energy  and excitement for the moment and be awesome material for photos!   Just a thought...

    Cheers and thanks for these contributions!



    #22 jordanb

    jordanb
    • Jr. Member
    • 185 posts

      Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

      Love that idea!!!

      What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

      When: January 18, 2013

      Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

      Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

      Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...


      #23 kisha311

      kisha311
      • Site Supporter
      • 259 posts

        Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

        I am also doing the sand dollar theme, and it is so hard to find many things with these suckers! I have that same Martha Stewart craft punch and will be getting busy soon, I'm trying to get all of my "supplies" together before I start my Craftstravganza! Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but they will love it in the end.


        Beaches Turks & Caicos - 30 Rooms booked with 80 guests confirmed so far!

        #24 JennyBenz

        JennyBenz
        • Jr. Member
        • 338 posts

          Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

          I LOVE this idea!!! Where did you purchase these? How do you plan on getting them all there safely to your destination?

           

          Originally Posted by jordanb 

          Instead of bells or classes clinking, I decided I am going to outfit each table with maracas. They all have a tag on them with a poem about shaking them to see the bride and groom kiss:

          maracas.jpg

           

          That's all I have so far, but I have lots more to come. (Now I just have to figure out how the heck to get it all to Mexico!)



          #25 LTLFAITHY

          LTLFAITHY
          • Jr. Member
          • 180 posts

            Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

            I am so stressed about how we are going to get everything to Mexico, and our wedding is still 11 months away (I'm a worrier)!! Does anybody have any good suggestions?? Shipping vs. checking a tons of bags?? 


            ~Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun~

            4.27.13

            54 Booked + The Bride & Groom!


            #26 jordanb

            jordanb
            • Jr. Member
            • 185 posts

              Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

              Originally Posted by kisha311 

              I am also doing the sand dollar theme, and it is so hard to find many things with these suckers! I have that same Martha Stewart craft punch and will be getting busy soon, I'm trying to get all of my "supplies" together before I start my Craftstravganza! Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but they will love it in the end.

               

              I get the same reaction, but I figure, hey, I have 7 months to do all this crafting, so might as well! Good luck with yours! And post some of your ideas when you make them!


              What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

              When: January 18, 2013

              Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

              Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

              Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...


              #27 jordanb

              jordanb
              • Jr. Member
              • 185 posts

                Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

                Originally Posted by JennyBenz 

                I LOVE this idea!!! Where did you purchase these? How do you plan on getting them all there safely to your destination?

                 

                I purchased the maracas at this site: http://www.amols.com/catalog/traditional-maracas-pair but also found them here later: http://all4fun.makesparties.com/Catalog.aspx?intDisplayableProductID=55387&intDisplayableCategoryID=2977

                 

                I am going to check them through in my luggage. Depending on where you are getting married though, you may be better off buying them there. I ordered mine because I thought it would be a lot cheaper, but am getting married in Playa Del Carmen (and just got back from there where I scoped out the local stores) and think you could haggle your way down to $2-3 a peice if you bought a bunch of them with a local vendor, saving you the trouble of transporting. With everything else I have to bring, I am kind of wishing I went that route (plus you can only bring $300 worth of goods into Mexico with you per person - not including clothing and personal effects, so I may have to recruit bridesmaids to help!).

                 

                The tags are just printed on shiny cardstock and then punched out with a punch I found at Michaels!


                What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

                When: January 18, 2013

                Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

                Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

                Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...


                #28 jordanb

                jordanb
                • Jr. Member
                • 185 posts

                  Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

                  Originally Posted by LTLFAITHY 

                  I am so stressed about how we are going to get everything to Mexico, and our wedding is still 11 months away (I'm a worrier)!! Does anybody have any good suggestions?? Shipping vs. checking a tons of bags?? 

                  I am a worrier too! You and I sound like we are cut from the same A-type cloth!

                   

                  Shipping to Mexico is pretty pricey. Some airlines (United for sure, but not AirTran - not sure about the others) allow you to have one free checked bag if you fly international. I am checking my stuff I think, and relying on my lovely bridesmaids to help carry stuff through (I'll pay the baggage fees of course). The only thing to keep in mind is customs. If you ship to Mexico, you may have to pay customs fees as well. If you bring them with you in luggage, you can only bring $300 in goods (outside of clothing and personal effects) per person (if you get caught that is) without having to pay customs fees.


                  What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

                  When: January 18, 2013

                  Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

                  Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

                  Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...


                  #29 LTLFAITHY

                  LTLFAITHY
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 180 posts

                    Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

                    Oh, wow. I didn't realize that about the $300 in goods thing. That's per person though, right?? So between my FI and I we could have $600? Hope so!! 


                    ~Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun~

                    4.27.13

                    54 Booked + The Bride & Groom!


                    #30 NeeNeeLeake

                    NeeNeeLeake
                    • Newbie
                    • 45 posts

                      Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

                      Originally Posted by jordanb 

                      I am a worrier too! You and I sound like we are cut from the same A-type cloth!

                       

                      Shipping to Mexico is pretty pricey. Some airlines (United for sure, but not AirTran - not sure about the others) allow you to have one free checked bag if you fly international. I am checking my stuff I think, and relying on my lovely bridesmaids to help carry stuff through (I'll pay the baggage fees of course). The only thing to keep in mind is customs. If you ship to Mexico, you may have to pay customs fees as well. If you bring them with you in luggage, you can only bring $300 in goods (outside of clothing and personal effects) per person (if you get caught that is) without having to pay customs fees.

                      Wow. Thanks for the info!!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users